Invincible Opponent [Investigating]

Options
FindingHeart8
FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
I was facing Elspeth with my Huati2 (both level 60) in Across Ixalan.  Elspeth was cascading and throwing out either Gideon's Defeat and Settle the Wreckage consistently every turn (1 turn both of them were out and activated).  I had a legion of endless vampires, casting at least 1 per turn with First Fort support, so continuous supply of lifelink attackers in hopes to eventually outlast and overwhelm the defense.

When I finally did however, when my creatures attacked they were all exiled.   Elspeth had no supports, nor did she gain life or gems were converted upon my creatures being exiled.

Every creature I cast after that (or that was put into play via vampire tokens) were exiled upon attacking, for 4 additional turns until I eventually was defeated.

Was this just a random glitch, or does activating Gideon's Defeat + Settle the Wreckage at the same time create a wall that (unless you have direct damage spells) makes your opponent invincible?

It wasn't a big deal this time because I was just playing Across Ixalan, but if this is a replicate-able glitch for coalition events it'd be very serious, worse than the Runaway Carriage nightmare.  Can you look into this @Brigby and can someone who has Settle the Wreckage check and see if this glitch can be replicated?

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• FindingHeart8
    Options
    bump bump
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It looks like the bug when you destroy more than one supports at the same time through cascades. If it happens usually one or more of the effects of the destroyed supports stays. I have seen this with Gideon's intervention and gideon's defeat. I'm not surprised if it happens with settle the wreckage as well.
    My coalition tried to force it with star of Extinction, the great aurora and other spells that destroys multiple supports, but it doesn't work because these spells destroy one support at a time.
    You can try to replicate it with fall of the thran of you have it.

• FindingHeart8
    Options
    gogol666 said:
    It looks like the bug when you destroy more than one supports at the same time through cascades. If it happens usually one or more of the effects of the destroyed supports stays. I have seen this with Gideon's intervention and gideon's defeat. I'm not surprised if it happens with settle the wreckage as well.
    My coalition tried to force it with star of Extinction, the great aurora and other spells that destroys multiple supports, but it doesn't work because these spells destroy one support at a time.
    You can try to replicate it with fall of the thran of you have it.

Thanks for the informative explanation!  I didn't know of that glitch. :o

It would be funny to pull that combo off against a friend but I'm too much of a mtg purist to use it competitively.

I hope the bug gets fixed soon though...
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I hope many of the bugs get fixed soon... Let's start:
    SWW
    Game freeze on art zoom
    Game freeze on enable
    Game freeze on aftermath
    Game freeze on kicker