Wiccan (Billy Kaplan) (6/12/18)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited June 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

"Billy Kaplan was a normal high school boy until he discovered his power of Electrokinesis and became one of the heroes he admired. As Wiccan, he joined the Young Avengers and learned he was the reincarnated son of Scarlet Witch and Vision.

With the ability to warp reality at his will, Wiccan is destined to become the Demiurge, a powerful being who will one day rewrite the laws of magic."

Check out the brand new 4-Star Wiccan, and find out how you can recruit him onto your team!

4-Star Rarity (Legendary)
Heroes, Young Avengers, Team Cap
bluetilepng yellowtilepng greentilepng 

Wiccan Good Powahs

(Abilities listed at level 270, Power Level 5)
Mystical Destiny - bluetilepng Passive
Wiccan is destined to become the Demiurge, a powerful being who will rewrite the laws of magic. At the start of the turn, if you have at least 6 AP in all colors, Wiccan transforms into the Demiurge and this power becomes Power of the Demiurge.

Power of the Demiurgebluetilepng Passive
As the Demiurge, Wiccan has the power to shape reality to his will. All matches made by Wiccan will clear their row or column, dealing damage and generating AP. Wiccan becomes the target of all enemy attacks.

Magical Barrier - 9 yellowtilepng AP
Wiccan conjures up a magical barrier to protect his allies. Creates 4 random 5-turn Countdown tiles that reduce damage from enemy matches and powers by %20 each. Whenever they are matched or destroyed, Wiccan restores 1605 health.

Chain Lightning - 12 greentilepng AP
Wiccan channels a high-energy bolt of electricity through his enemies. Deals 8551 damage and destroys a chosen column. If that column contains an enemy special tile, destroy a random column until one with no enemy special tiles is destroyed. Destroyed tiles deal damage but do not generate AP.

Wiccan Good Deals

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Heroes for Hire
  • Starts: Thu, June 14, 12:00pm EDT
  • Ends: Thu, June 21, 12:00pm EDT
  • Price: 7,000 Hero Points
  • Contents: 
    • Miles Morales (Spider-Man)
    • Quake (Daisy Johnson)
    • 16 Elite tokens
    • 6 Command Points
    • 20,000 Iso-8
Wiccan & Friends
  • Starts: Sun, June 17, 7:00am EDT
  • Ends: Sat, June 23, 3:00am EDT
  • 80 item Vault
    • 1 Legendary Token
    • 3 Beginner Support tokens
    • 1 random Wiccan (Young Avengers) cover
    • 2 random 4-Star from the Call for Backup missions, with an option of the following characters:
      • Rogue (Classic)
      • Miles Morales (Spider-Man)
      • Quake (Daisy Johnson)
    • 21 3-Stars
      • 3 Featured
      • 18 Random
    • 52 2-Stars
      • 10 Featured
      • 42 Random

Wiccan Awesome Events

The X-Men vs Apocalypse
  • Ends: Sun, June 17, 11:59pm EDT
  • Wiccan (Young Avengers) in Round Rewards
S.H.I.E.L.D. Training
  • Ends: Thu, June 21, 12:00pm EDT
  • Rewards tokens to The X-Men vs Apocalypse, random cover of Wiccan (Young Avengers), and more
Honor Among Thieves
  • Starts: Sun, June 17, 7:00am EDT
  • Ends: Fri, June 22, 2:00am EDT
  • Wiccan (Young Avengers) as a Progression Reward
  • Rewards tokens to the Wiccan & Friends vault
Something Wiccan This Way Comes
  • Starts: Sun, June 17, 8:00am EDT
  • Ends: Wed, June 20, 3:00pm EDT
  • Wiccan (Young Avengers) as a Progression reward
  • Rewards tokens to the Wiccan & Friends Vault
Tagged:

Comments

• Cormackie
    Cormackie Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Wiccan is one of my favourites, so I'm glad he seems to be good. I'll use him even if he turns out not to be though lol.

Does his green do the 8k damage for each row destroyed or just the once?
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Looks pretty useful
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Huh. Those are cool sounding powers; I wonder if he will turn out to actually be the anti-4ocket team with that green? Seems like a great third for Carnage/Medusa. I look forward to champing him in 2019 sometime
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Back to back 4* releases in boss events.....
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    The way it reads, I think it's just the one time.  And if it isn't just the one time, then he's massively overpowered.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Why is this being done with another boss event?  With dilution back at full, covering toons is even harder and losing 2 covers is not the way to convince me to spend money.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited June 2018
    It says it keeps going until it finds a column that doesn't have any enemy specials in it, so i think Eddie Brock (Venom), Elektr4, and Carnage are going to suddenly start coming out of the woodwork.

*edit - yeah, i think it just does the damage one time, but it keeps destroying columns until it hits a column empty of specials

"Chain Lightning - 12 greentilepng AP
    Wiccan channels a high-energy bolt of electricity through his enemies. Deals 8551 damage and destroys a chosen column. If that column contains an enemy special tile, destroy a random column until one with no enemy special tiles is destroyed. Destroyed tiles deal damage but do not generate AP."
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wiccan Good Powahs indeed. Looks good all around (though I'm on board with "why another boss?" both because I like to compete to earn more covers, and because I could really use the ISO from a normal event this weekend...).

Neat to see Rogue being used in Shield Training again, keeping the cycle of two "old" characters (oldest 4 unused were Miles, Spider-Gwen, Quake, and Punisher) and one of the Latest 12 (though I wonder if that'll keep up in the future, since the Latest distinction no longer exists?).
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    His power does look overpowered, especially Power of the Demiurge. Easily 5/5/3 with enemies not generating special tiles. 5/3/5 against Ultrons.

I suppose his health point is ~13k?
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why is this being done with another boss event?  With dilution back at full, covering toons is even harder and losing 2 covers is not the way to convince me to spend money.
    Get a new alliance. This is the easiest way to get 3 covers for a 4*. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    His power does look overpowered, especially Power of the Demiurge. Easily 5/5/3 with enemies not generating special tiles. 5/3/5 against Ultrons.

I suppose his health point is ~13k?
    Yeah gotta imagine his best friend is going to be America Chavez, another 4* who wants lots of AP in every color for her passive crit special to trigger. Get them both going at it will be over fast.
  • McThunderpants
    McThunderpants Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Team him with Chavez and things will get out of control. Keep that AP, and it just keeps on getting worse for the opponent as he gains AP from the row clears. Not sure if I am reading this right, but it looks like if Chavez can tank, it becomes beatdown city.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I was thinking Chavez/Vulture would be a rad team for AP generation, or Chavez/Mockingbird to get his expensive green out faster. Or potentially Nightcrawler; I know everybody likes Bamfinite, but that purple can be a real AP factory in any color.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m liking the trend of 4* release boss events.

Wiccan looks cool. He’s not one I’m familiar with but I’ll add him to the list of characters this game introduced me to.  
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I'd be interested to see whether Rogue will intercept enemy matches while Wiccan's got his Demiurge on. Also applies to things like Spider-Woman's black or Colossus's (lol) yellow.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do yourselves a favour and stay in 4* land and take benefit from yet another nice skill set to play, while the rest of us look at him and go meh, aint never using him :D

That could have been one interesting 5*, will enjoy killing teams of him and chavez in seconds!
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Cormackie said:

Does his green do the 8k damage for each row destroyed or just the once?
    The way it reads to me is that it does the damage once then starts destroying columns. Two separate steps, so no repeat damage.  Follow-up question though: can this ability destroy the same column more than once? If so, the second time would certainly be the last because it would be full of fresh tiles. Or, does it not refill the columns until it is done, allowing for the possibility to clear the whole board?