My new least favorite power

Borstock
Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
There are a lot of annoying powers in the game. She-Hulk's Furious Charge comes to mind. It's mostly the ones that make you think RNG hates you, even though it doesn't really. It's when America's critical tiles somehow clear the entire board for the AI, or when your Switch blue ends up in a corner, or how every cascade you create results in a match-5 only when you're up against Teen Jean.

Having just taken the plunge into 5* land, my new least favorite power is quickly becoming Jessica's Damning Evidence, specifically when the AI's trap tile is placed and immediately matched in the same turn. I sit there thinking, "Really?"

Comments

• Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I've been having that issue with America's trap tiles. Just make them and enemy count down tile or daken/bullseye **** overtakes it
  • Tensuun
    Tensuun Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Mockin'bird seems to fire "Secret Mission" about 50% of the time for me regardless of what other powers are available...
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Oh, I think I misread it at first. i thought you meant you don't like using the power, because the enemy matches the traps you make and it doesn't activate. But I know going against it is a pain. 
  • TDejaAuthor
    TDejaAuthor Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Borstock said:
    Having just taken the plunge into 5* land, my new least favorite power is quickly becoming Jessica's Damning Ervidence, specifically when the AI's trap tile is placed and immediately matched in the same turn. I sit there thinking, "Really?"
    'Damning Evidence' is one of those powers where, if I see that the Jessica on the team has it, I pass immediately.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    It's why I'm trying to finish my JJ before she's gone into the black hole of classics! Her powerset is both bonkers and pretty fun (as opposed to what I feel about Gambit, which is that he's pretty tedious).
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    You hate it until you get to use it :) I still do not know how but I somehow managed to champion her, she is the only "new" five I have made any progress with, she is not Gambit but she can hold her own against him with a few lucky breaks on Damning Evidence.  You have to play to that power though, get those 5 blue so you can start matching asap, after Gambit and Thor she is the next 5 I am most wary of fighting.  You should be able to see the traps so you just make sure you match them before the AI does, piece of cake. :)
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Tensuun said:
    Mockin'bird seems to fire "Secret Mission" about 50% of the time for me regardless of what other powers are available...
    OMG this! I get so angry lol

I've only faced an opposing JJ once, last season during my Shield Sim climb. My own JJ is 1/4/0, so I never bothered to read the description of how her blue power works. I foolishly matched the trap tiles away assuming that leaving them there was more dangerous, and found myself getting pummeled quickly. Surprised I still managed to win that match. Their JJ was 3/4/3, Lv 300 something 
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    You want to match the tiles they only hurt if the AI matches them it is a weird mechanic but it does make playing her a little easier since you know what to remove before they hit you.  A good cascade and she can take out anybody in the game and you can easily do 50k damage in a turn if you cast her other powers and get 1 match.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    OJSP said:
    BoyWonder1914 said:
    I foolishly matched the trap tiles away assuming that leaving them there was more dangerous
    It IS more dangerous to leave them. We’re supposed to match the opponent’s traps away.
    There's some strategy to it, though. If the trap is in a place where it's unlikely to be matched, leave it there, as this will help limit the amount of "active" or dangerous traps on the board. JJ will only create up to four of them.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash said:
    OJSP said:
    BoyWonder1914 said:
    I foolishly matched the trap tiles away assuming that leaving them there was more dangerous
    It IS more dangerous to leave them. We’re supposed to match the opponent’s traps away.
    There's some strategy to it, though. If the trap is in a place where it's unlikely to be matched, leave it there, as this will help limit the amount of "active" or dangerous traps on the board. JJ will only create up to four of them.
    not really a lot of strategy.  If it's in a place where it can be matched, you match it first.  If it's in a place where it's not likely to be matched, then you can't match it anyway?
  • Borstock
    CNash said:
    OJSP said:
    BoyWonder1914 said:
    not really a lot of strategy.  If it's in a place where it can be matched, you match it first.  If it's in a place where it's not likely to be matched, then you can't match it anyway?
    But you can target it, destroy it with a row/column clear, make matches to get the board to where you can match it, etc....
  • Borstock
    You hate it until you get to use it :) I still do not know how but I somehow managed to champion her, she is the only "new" five I have made any progress with, she is not Gambit but she can hold her own against him with a few lucky breaks on Damning Evidence.  You have to play to that power though, get those 5 blue so you can start matching asap, after Gambit and Thor she is the next 5 I am most wary of fighting.  You should be able to see the traps so you just make sure you match them before the AI does, piece of cake. :)
    I do have her.

And my original gripe was more specific than just the power. I had just finished a game where I played against her and consistently matched her trap tiles away only to have the AI place a new trap and immediately match it the same turn, so it didn't matter that I was clearing the dangerous ones.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Borstock said:
    There are a lot of annoying powers in the game. She-Hulk's Furious Charge comes to mind. It's mostly the ones that make you think RNG hates you, even though it doesn't really. It's when America's critical tiles somehow clear the entire board for the AI, or when your Switch blue ends up in a corner, or how every cascade you create results in a match-5 only when you're up against Teen Jean.

Having just taken the plunge into 5* land, my new least favorite power is quickly becoming Jessica's Damning Evidence, specifically when the AI's trap tile is placed and immediately matched in the same turn. I sit there thinking, "Really?"
    hey, there is a new feature made just for you coming live tomorrow. Read the announcement 
  • Borstock
    Wonko33 said:
    Borstock said:

hey, there is a new feature made just for you coming live tomorrow. Read the announcement 
    I saw it and had a little chuckle.

For the record, I'm not crazy. I know it's random. On second thought, I guess I could still be crazy, but I do know it's rng. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    The other "quirk" of this power I have found is this (obviously probably all in my head but anyway..) - when your tiles are invisible you can normally luck into matching one or 2. As soon as you get enough blue to "see" where they are, they always seem to be in impossible positions to match!