Crashing to desktop repeatedly on steam [Solved]

Options
Spiritclaw
Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
I've crashed to desktop at least five times this morning.  Such a crash has never happened before in the several years I've played the game.  Some of the crash instances involved opening up my roster and attempting to add a cover to 2* hawkeye, who wants to give me a 3* hawkeye cover but doesn't get that far before the crash.   I'll go back in and try to start a match, to see if that also crashes it.  Restarting the computer was no help.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Spiritclaw
    Options
    ...and now it's working fine.  Still, five crashes to desktop? That's odd.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Happened to me too the other day. I could not get mpq running at all, it crasched to desktop every time I tried. But a PC restart fixed it. Go figure.
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I currently have the same issue trying to apply a 4 star Black Panther that would reward the 5 star at level 280. It crashes every time trying to apply it.
  • Spiritclaw
    Options
    Qubort said:
    I currently have the same issue trying to apply a 4 star Black Panther that would reward the 5 star at level 280. It crashes every time trying to apply it.
    Based on my experience, try a match first and then go back to adding your cover.
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've also had this problem twice recently - one was levelling a 2* Daken, and I can't remember what the other was.  I didn't bother contacting support, since as noted above a reboot of the PC fixed it.  It was very odd, though.
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If the team is investigating (according to this thread: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/73234/trying-to-add-level-freezes-the-app-investigating#latest), I don't imagine this one should be marked as "solved".

• Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah def a steam issue.
    I've been getting this a ton.
    Only happens when you're getting a cover reward from adding a level.