Is Haphazard bombardment bugged? [Investigating]

Options
Bil
Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
   I recently had the honor to pull that card from a premium pack.
   I wasn't expecting much from it but i still took the time to test it. I was surprised to notice that it always self  destructed by aiming itself on the next turn ... And never targeted any other support.
  Now my question is ... Has anyone ever destroyed another support with it ... Or is it just able to ... Well ... Selfdestruct ?

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bil said:
       I recently had the honor to pull that card from a premium pack.
       I wasn't expecting much from it but i still took the time to test it. I was surprised to notice that it always self  destructed by aiming itself on the next turn ... And never targeted any other support.
      Now my question is ... Has anyone ever destroyed another support with it ... Or is it just able to ... Well ... Selfdestruct ?
    I think it can just randomly target itself.  Not a bug per se, but definitely something that isn't correct
  • Bil
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I thought so too, but as it never targeted anything else in about 6-7 games i started to wonder (i even played decks that involved a lot of supports especially to force the fate ... Nothing could refrain the masochistic urges ... ^^")
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I only tried it once - it blew itself up. Never tried it again.
  • ALEJANDROID
    ALEJANDROID Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    i got it played against once, blew nothign but itself
  • Bil
    Options
       I'm pretty convinced it can't destroy anything else ... With 6 supports on board it still destroys nothing but itself, try after try. 
       That topic might find a place in the bug section, and the card has to be made playable urgently... I can understand some "useless" mythics ... But a card which only effect is to destroy itself (or actually troll elite packs) is beyond measure.

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby please let the devs know about this.  The card isn't great as is, but this is just ridiculous.
  • ninjark
    ninjark Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    Froggy said:
    I only tried it once - it blew itself up. Never tried it again.
    Same here.  

This card definitely needs attention at 17 to cast, having a full turn delay until anything happens, and having been upgraded to Mythic rarity from Rare in paper.

The paper card randomly destroys a few targeted permanents you don't control, and it starts at the end of your turn.

Why is this one, at higher rarity and with longer delay, able to hit itself?
  • Snappyturtle
    Snappyturtle Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Both using it myself and the AI in TG and WR event had it destroy itself on the next turn it was played.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm starting to suspect the 'random' targeting of support destruction in general needs a closer look. I can predict which support will get hit far more often than if the RNG was working properly. I suspect the self-destructing is just a particularly obvious symptom of a deeper problem.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

What the support should be doing is selecting a non-support gem randomly on the board and destroying the gems surrounding that spot. Could hit yours or it might not. It really shouldn't be targeting any support directly imho

• Bil
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Just seen the AI using it on AWR 1.3 (shiv) ... It worked properly and blew every support before selfdestruction. 
     Then i tried it in TG and it always destroyed other supports i played before itself. Looks like the card has been fixed but a confirmation would be welcome though.