Fix Needed: Okoye's Spear Blocks Tiles (Steam Version Only) [Resolved]

babinro
babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
edited August 2018 in MPQ Bugs and Technical Issues

As the Image shows Okoye's spear heavily obscures the bottom row when she is upfront and it is on your turn.   This is so bad that the second and third left most tiles are difficult to make out the colours on.   More importantly, if they were special tiles like strikes, protects, cooldowns etc...its entirely possible you couldn't see this information at all and that becomes a BIG problem when it comes to strategic decisions. 

This causes very real gameplay problems on Steam (I cannot confirm whether or not this is a mobile issue) and it really needs to be addressed as soon as possible.  

If someone can confirm whether or not this is a problem on mobile I'd appreciate it.

Note: I've been told you can mouse over tiles to discover what they are...but it goes without saying that this is both time consuming and inconvenient.  The game is about speed and a graphical spear blocking the board for aesthetic reasons is not a compelling enough reason to inconvenience the player in this way.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Another reason why I play the mobile version. Steam version gets the shaft once more.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    That would SUCK!

While I don't have her, I assume this is not an issue on mobile-versions, since mobile has the character graphics ABOVE the tile board, not to the sides.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, this is not a problem on mobile.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Dormammu said:
    Yeah, this is not a problem on mobile.
    Thank you.

Oddly enough..when its your opponents turn the screen is shifted down to see the board clearly.  At least that's what I've seen through screen shots (I don't personally have Okoye yet as I'm getting this info from LINE).   So all the devs need to do is ensure her spear remains below the board on your turn as well. 

Below is the screenshot while on the AI's turn

Perfectly acceptable fix.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Oh dear. Thanks for the heads up! I'll pass that along to the team
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    THIS. IS. AMAZING.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's another piece of evidence that no testing is done on Steam, ever.
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Heh, that's weird. But that art tho...! Great work.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    jamesh said:
    Shintok17 said:
    Another reason why I play the mobile version. Steam version gets the shaft once more.
    The problem is clearly with the tip of the spear: not the shaft :smiley:
    Just the tip? I think she’s gripping the shaft and tilting ever so slightly at an angle not to block your view of the gems 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards

So...the game's playtested, right?
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    edited June 2018
    ***Moving this to Bugs and Technical issues so it can hopefully get fixed asap! @Brigby @Tombstone ***
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    i thought this looked famliar, heh who knew steam was an option to play this game
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Any updates on this?
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor

@Brigby an update would be nice. This seriously affects gameplay.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Merged same topic discussion threads together.
  • Dartmaster01

@Tombstone Can we get an update as to whether you guys plan on fixing this or not? I know you don't support steam anymore but this is aggravating every single match I play with Okoye. If you could, just let us know if it's even on the agenda. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you

• Dartmaster01
    edited July 2018
    @Tombstone So I was thinking about how to fix this. What if you just make the spear head translucent on the players turn like when a character gets stunned. It should be easy to code and wouldn't change the aesthetics of the art.   
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    god yes, please fix this, it is so annoying.