Historic Decks

Options
bk1234
bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
With all the discussion about DOM, we aren't really talking about how powerful Historic relationships are. 

I've spent the better part of 2 weeks building "everything's free!" decks -- where after a few turns you pretty much dump your entire hand each turn. 

Case in point: 

Teferi (Standard) Breakdown:

Creatures:
Jodah (historic): Reduces all cards to 6, sets all of your mana bonuses to 0
Jhoira (historic): Draws a card everytime you cast a historic card and gives it 3 mana
Weatherlight (historic): Fetches your next historic card from your deck and gives it 3 mana every time it attacks

Supports:
Storm the Vault (historic): Creates treasures, flips and makes waves of blue matches
Thran Temporal Gateway (historic): At the beginning of your turn, gives your first historic card full mana
Thaumatic Compass (historic): On the front side it does some stuff -- on the flip side it reduces opponent's first creature's power to zero. This card generally flips as soon as it's cast or 1-2 turns later. 
Mox Amber (historic): Makes more things free -- really overkill, but shiny decks are cool 
Pyromancer's Goggles (historic): Activate 3, fetch a random spell and give it full mana -- in other words -- this card brings the party.

Spells:
Days Undoing: Dumps your hand and your opponent's and draws 5 cards each -- yours get 3 mana each. 
Karn's Temporal Sundering (historic): Bounces an opponent creatures and gives you an extra swap (even if you don't bounce a creature -- ie click "Not Now")  **Note -- BUGGED -- Thran Temporal Gateway does not fill this card. 

Sample Prioritzation: 
Thran
Jodah
Weatherlight
Thaumatic Compass 
Mox Amber
Jhoira
Storm the Vault
Karn's Temporal Sundering
Days Undoing
Goggles

Basically getting Thran out as fast as possible ensures that your first card is always free (Unless it's Day's Undoing which is the only non-historic card in your deck). Weatherlight ensures you are always drawing a card you can cast with one match -- Jhoira as well 90% of the time. Thaumatic Compass and KTS are there for defense. Goggles is there for my amusement. Days Undoing is self explanatory and Storm the vault basically fills everything in your hand every turn -- which because almost everything is historic, Jhoira then replaces. 

Comments

• rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I like your deck a lot, but I think it would be even better if you use Search for Azcanta  and In Bolas's Clutches instead of Compass and Mox.

As I do not have Jhoira and Weatherlight,  I use Ghalta and Woodland Bellower instead.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It is better using Raff instead of Woodland Bellower.
  • Stormbringer0
    Stormbringer0 Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Great idea, but no one ever could play that deck. That amount of mythics though...