Nico vs Kate

My lv 274 3/5/5 Nico had no trouble.  Went after purple immediately and once I placed her special tiles, let her passive boosting do all the work.  Healed when I could, easily absorbed 9000 damage from Kate's Ruthlessness and wore her down.

LT gave me Medusa putting her at 310, that LT gave me Rhodey making him 281

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    I failed once.  Had a really bad board where both blue and purple were impossible and yellow wasn't great either.  Second time it was easy.

+1 to hoard.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went 4/4/5, and seeing I still had 30 of those Nico damage boosts, I burned two of those, plus +2 blue/purple. I fired purple early, and the buffing took it from there. Kate never matched one of my specials away and despite eating her black once, it was a cruise to victory.

Token to hoard. (Can I say I don't like this hoarding thing? We need more ISO...)
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Compared to the horror of stupid mutt, this was a peace of cake. Hoard yellow and purple. Kate got off a black that timed out and hurt her. Played purple then yellow and as OP says let the passive do its work. Won with 15k healt left  B) LT was a Cap IW red that got him to 3/3/2. Now one longs for an Okoye.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    That was incredibly straightforward. Nice reminder that Nico's actually pretty useful, for the next time she comes around as boosted. Some of these characters get lost in the shuffle, and I feel like I've never used her outside of the couple of events when she was introduced.
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    So this went way easier than I expected.

4/3/5 lvl 190 Nico had very little trouble on the first try. The board was pretty neutral and neither of us got big cascades. I blocked black but Kate still got that power off once. She never got to fire her other powers since I was able to match them left and right. Once I got the tiles set up, the passive took over and it was a wrap.

LT was Ice Man pushing him to 273
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Managed to win with her 3rd time at 4/4/1 lv 120. First time is without boost, 2nd and 3rd: Use +2 Blue/Purple AP, +60% Match damage and +60% Blue/Purple damage. The most important thing is to prevent Kate getting blue as her blue can one-shot KO Nico. The rest is just stun, match damge and attack/strikes tile slowly eat away her health.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I changed my build to 5/3/5 to maximize the stun/countdown removal, and got it done with no problem at all. I only had to use purple once for it to start building a head of steam. LT got me my first cover for Okoye, so I can stop chasing her for required node purposes now and try to pay down some of my iso debt for a bit.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    I just got my 13th cover for Nico to make her 5/3/5, but at lvl 94 I figured I was in for a slog, so I loaded up on AP boosts for Blue, Yellow & Purple. First round that didn't matter, cuz after denying her any of her strong colors through half of her health, Kate got a cascade that gave her 13 blue and 12 black. I didn't stand a chance.

Won on the second round by managing my health and just denying blue above all else. Kate went down to her own black countdown tile. Token to the mini-horde while I gather 600,000 Iso to champ Nova and Kingpin.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    161 3/2/3 Nico got it on the second try.

First try was a wash as I couldn't deny her colors and got nuked.

Second try was heavily in my favor. I was getting all my colors and she couldn't get any of hers. Managed to fire Purple and Blue. While she was stunned I managed to get a Cascade which led to another Purple cast! She was dead shortly thereafter.

LT gave me a champ level for War Machine.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    5/3/5 lv. 278

Really easy. Easier than expected. Focused on Blue and purple first, then black and yellow next.

First fired blue when I could to stun Kate for 3 turns, then fired purple to get the 3 special tiles. From there I just let the strike & attack tiles keep growing and do all the work. Kate never fired any abilities and Nico barely took any damage.

Token to the hoard.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    3rd try for my 5/3/5 L150 Nico.

Boosted purple by +2 and made 2 early purple matches then watched as she boosted the strike/attack tile relentlessly while I managed Blue/Yellow to stun/heal.

I think players forgot she would be damaged immediately and her alternate power set would always be active.

You essentially only lose if you let Kate get 12 Blue for her Nuke.

KGB

• ssbledsoe
    ssbledsoe Posts: 52 Match Maker
    5-5-2 LVL 150

It took me 2 runs at it.  First round was DOA.  My first match ended up dropping a Match 5 for Kate...that led into a huge cascade.  She was able to fire black and blue.  I was able to stun her, but couldn’t heal up fast enough.

My second round was a walk in the park.  It was over quickly.

LT yielded a yellow Medusa and an AC Green BH.  Not the Okoye I was hoping for The Hunt 5e node, but this was almost as good.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was surprised to get this on my first try, with my 5/3/3 level 147 Nico. I thought I was a goner when she managed to get 10 blue, but then double checked the skill, and was relieved to see it cost 12, not the 10 I had erroneously remembered.

The token yielded a champ level for Deadpool (who I had honestly forgotten I'd champed - need to play around with him a bit, as he's gathering dust.)

• Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Level 111: 2/2/5
    Would be a higher level but other 4*s have been stealing my Iso recently.

A rather difficult fight if you forget that Nico's protect tiles don't work for herself. Much easier when you dedicate yourself to purple and blue.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    28X Nico went 4/4/5 for the match. Got down to about 2k health when Kate fired off a blue and black back to back. Stunned her a turn later and finally got purple out while she was stunned. Built my health back up to 11k while I let my tile buffs do all the hard work and take her out.

Token got me a black panther champ level.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    failed first go with my 5/2/4 lvl 172 Nico, but Kate had something ridiculous like 137 health left!

pumped in a few more levels of Iso (going through a real iso-shortage right now) and got it on the second go
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought there was no way in Asgard my level 150 4/5/4 Nico stood a chance against the offensive powerhouse that Kate is. The AP denial game isn't going to work against Miss Bishop - with three colors that all do damage she's gonna get ya sooner or later. And it's not like Nico has much going for her as a solo artist. At least, that's what I thought.

I boosted my match damage but nothing more and entered the fray. I tried to keep Kate away from black, her least expensive power, but they just fell into place for her and fit like a perfect Tetris game. BAM. With one cast of black Kate had reduced my poor Nico to less than 1k of health. But then, the blue started falling for me. In a desperate recovery I stunned Kate with Nico's blue, then quickly cast Nico's healing yellow after getting some strikes out with her purple.

I was back in the game.

Black became scarce and I snatched up all the purple and blue while Kate was stunned. She woke up and I stunned her again. Cast some more purple. Kate woke up and I stunned her again. I did this two more times, keeping Kate stun-locked while I matched her to death on the first try.

+1 token to start a new hoard after burning it Monday for Jessica and Okoye.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Like a number of people here, I got an absolutely awful board for my first try with my 5/3/5 lvl 276 Nico. All my tiles got put in places where they got matched away immediately, she cascaded into a bunch of blue and black, etc. Second try was pretty much the opposite. Got an Attack tile way down in the corner right away, and managed to scoop up almost all the blue and keep her stunned for most of the match.

Token was a yellow for my 4/5/3 Nova, so I figure I'm picking up his HfH and champing him when his Crash rolls around in a few days.
  • zeroswitch
    zeroswitch Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Well, unlike everyone here I'm way lower level but thought I'd boost the heck out of my 1/2/3 Nico and give it a shot.  Got absolutely murdered about 5 times before giving up.    :(  
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Took four tries, but I was able to beat her with my son's 4/2/2 Nico.  +100% Match Damage, +50% Purple/Blue damage, and +2 All AP.  The LT gave him one of the four 4-star covers he couldn't use - Hulkbuster Red.  He's 5/1/5, so if he gets another blue cover soon, there's always the HfH store.