MPQ Sneak Peek: June 2018 Edition *Updated (6/27/18)

Comments

• marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    The Hunt... again. Give us Prodigal Sun, Enemy of the State, Simulator... anything but these endless Dark Avengers fights again.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    charmbots said:
    I coulda swore I seen something about EOTS being after DP vs MPQ in the Iron Spider release article. 
    The reference was removed in an edit.  Either they had originally been planning to run Enemy of the State right after the Sinister Six event and then changed their mind, or the announcement was made by editing an older one that mentioned EotS and they forgot to change one mention.
  • charmbots
    charmbots Posts: 87 Match Maker
    jamesh said:
    charmbots said:
    I coulda swore I seen something about EOTS being after DP vs MPQ in the Iron Spider release article. 
    The reference was removed in an edit.  Either they had originally been planning to run Enemy of the State right after the Sinister Six event and then changed their mind, or the announcement was made by editing an older one that mentioned EotS and they forgot to change one mention.
    Ah, ok. I wouldn’t have minded a 7 day event next, but three 2 day subs in a row probably isn’t a great idea, especially after a boss event.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm looking forward to the Cloak & Dagger PvP. :smile:
  • cschwinge
    cschwinge Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Replacing 3* essential in PvP with 4* essential is a kick in the balls for 3* or lower players. This should have been setup as an extra event.

The Iron Spider PvP was bad for everyone, just like it always is with a new 4*, since 1/1/1 powers are almost universally useless. Carrying a useless 4* is no fun.

Consider making the loaner character a 3/3/3 or 4/4/4. This will allow players with weak/non-existant 4* roster to setup a team of 2* or 3* around that strong character. You know, actually playing the game of mixing and matching heros for synergy and fun combos.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Very excited to see 4* PvP events !
    So sick and tiered of 3* PvP hopefully they can find a way to balance PvP events or maybe separate them by scl.  For now as long as they are running 2 classic 4* PvP per season I'll be happy .
    Time to dust off those 4*s, asides for AC  and thr pve essentials, I can't honestly remember the last time I played a 4* character in PvP or pve , even when boosted really high . Looking forward to more like this 
  • DAZ0273
    cschwinge said:
    Replacing 3* essential in PvP with 4* essential is a kick in the balls for 3* or lower players. This should have been setup as an extra event.

The Iron Spider PvP was bad for everyone, just like it always is with a new 4*, since 1/1/1 powers are almost universally useless. Carrying a useless 4* is no fun.

Consider making the loaner character a 3/3/3 or 4/4/4. This will allow players with weak/non-existant 4* roster to setup a team of 2* or 3* around that strong character. You know, actually playing the game of mixing and matching heros for synergy and fun combos.
    It might just be a one-off like when they ran Luke C4ge's PvP for release of The Defenders.
  • DAZ0273
    marshall said:
    The Hunt... again. Give us Prodigal Sun, Enemy of the State, Simulator... anything but these endless Dark Avengers fights again.
    I've been waiting for Enemy of the State ever since I champed Quake for some revenge on those Kishu's. :neutral:
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    The Hunt? 3-day or 4-day? (not that it matters, Florida is the worst sub event in the game regardless...)
    Agreed.  The only time it was good is when we got XP for those Jump set nodes. 
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor

Yey more 4* pvp events!  About time!

Boo they're messing with the 3* pvp order a bit after being pretty predictable for a while.  Oh well, just had to find something to complain about...

• Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Little mix feelings about regular 4* pvp beside new releases.. How often will we get them?
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    I didn't mind dragging around a 3* together with my champed 4*'s in PVP, since that meant I only had to worry about teams with 2 Boosted Champed 4*'s. That was bad enough now I got to deal with 3 Boosted champed 4*'s. Lame. I have 14/68 of the 4*'s champed, so there are many times that the boosted list does not help me for some PVP's. When it does coincide with the 4*'s I got champed I can take on those strong teams, but now they will have 1 more 4* boosted that will make it close to impossible to beat. I did not mind the 3* being essential because at least I have all of them champed, so they were not all that worthless. I feel bad for the 3* to 4* transitioners who have like 1 or 2 of the 4* champed, because they are going to have to deal with more champed 4*'s in PVP due to the known issues with MMR in there.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    The issue to me is that placement reward structure remains the same. Versus placement for the new 4* should have been given a better range than top 5/10 long ago. For a 3* Versus to be replaced witha 4* Versus should have placement for the 4* extended at least 1 placement tier upward.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    marshall said:
    I've been waiting for Enemy of the State ever since I champed Quake for some revenge on those Kishu's. :neutral:
    I just champed her myself after drawing a 14th cover, so now I have another reason to want EotS to roll around again!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m not sure if Deadpool’s PVP is being run in honor of DP2, but if so, thanks to the devs for that.  His PVP is a bit early in the schedule.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    cschwinge said:

I understand why 3* players would be upset by the change.  I personally would rather see them run the 3* and 4* at the same time and have players choose to be locked in to one or the other, but I can see why that would be challenging on a number of levels.

I completely disagree that "The Iron Spider PvP was bad for everyone, just like it always is with a new 4*".  I love the new 4* PvPs.  Even if I have a better version of the character I bring the loaner and don't have to spend any health packs healing the required character (who at my level is typically just an annoying ball and chain you have to bring but don't use anyway)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    A compromise could be allowing different version of the same characters to run together. Think Wolverine and Deadpool. The other way would be making a themed PvP like the Inhumans, the Defenders, X-Men, less the 5*. 

One of the drawback could be diluting the pack odds for X character of that PvP. 4* characters will get 10x to 20x for some of their PvP Comic Stores. So, allowing more 4* in one PvP might be a negative.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    I’m not sure if Deadpool’s PVP is being run in honor of DP2, but if so, thanks to the devs for that.  His PVP is a bit early in the schedule.

I saw it 2 days ago and if they want to really honor, they for sure should give us one or two of the iconic characters as home release. (And not as 1* ;-) )
    broll said:
    cschwinge said:

I understand why 3* players would be upset by the change.  I personally would rather see them run the 3* and 4* at the same time and have players choose to be locked in to one or the other, but I can see why that would be challenging on a number of levels.

I completely disagree that "The Iron Spider PvP was bad for everyone, just like it always is with a new 4*".  I love the new 4* PvPs.  Even if I have a better version of the character I bring the loaner and don't have to spend any health packs healing the required character (who at my level is typically just an annoying ball and chain you have to bring but don't use anyway)
    I think cschwinge (like Wayne’s World?) meant that everyone still had a small 4* in Made-up Name, or using loaner like yourself. That way its all good or bad for everyone, depending glass half full or half empty persuasion. But with possible unchamped versus 479 with older 4* pvp, thats no longer true, and differences could be very substantial..
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    A compromise could be allowing different version of the same characters to run together. Think Wolverine and Deadpool. The other way would be making a themed PvP like the Inhumans, the Defenders, X-Men, less the 5*. 

One of the drawback could be diluting the pack odds for X character of that PvP. 4* characters will get 10x to 20x for some of their PvP Comic Stores. So, allowing more 4* in one PvP might be a negative.
    This drawback that you mention would not be that impact-full since Essential characters in their PVP stores are only at 4X the Odds. It's very hard already even with the boosted odds to get that character since those stores are full of characters from the 2* to 4* tier. These PVP stores are way more expensive when compared to the Heroic store anyway, so most people shy away from them except for the Progression tokens. 
  • DAZ0273
    broll said:
    cschwinge said:

Agree with this. New release PvP's have the levelling effect of the loaner which I normally find is beneficial (apart from Black Widow's who was as annoying with 1 cover purple as she would be with 5)