5* Feeder Discussion - Apparent Rules/Theories

2»

Comments

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    The announcement for this (and season updates) comes on Tuesday every now and then too.

Something I've been considering since the token announcement last night is if this means they will change the run patterns for 4* Essentials. While that would effect predictability by run order, it could lead to feeders that seem more appropriate for the 5* character.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    Over on Discord, a dev said no Lockjaw feeder this week.  I think we get Valk feeding Thor, announced after 4* odds flatten and she becomes harder to pull, for a Friday rewards change.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Over on Discord, a dev said no Lockjaw feeder this week.  I think we get Valk feeding Thor, announced after 4* odds flatten and she becomes harder to pull, for a Friday rewards change.
    I suspect one of the secret reasons for the odds change is they will going forward focus more on making the newer 4*s becoming feeders and they want less people to get the double dip benefits of those characters already being at 280/300/320 etc.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    That is what I get for opening my couple dozen LTs before this news instead of tonight. :-D
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    bluewolf said:
    I suspect one of the secret reasons for the odds change is they will going forward focus more on making the newer 4*s becoming feeders and they want less people to get the double dip benefits of those characters already being at 280/300/320 etc.
    They should have the new 4*s be feeders from the start.
  • bluewolf
    Well, it’s Wednesday evening and no feeder news this week.  Disappointed.  Maybe still this week?

Next Monday we will be grinding for either Wasp or Iceman, I believe.  Possibly Nova.  Maybe one of them will be a feeder.  (I’m assuming Wasp or Ant-Man will be a feeder for a future 5* and may be withheld as a reward for now.)
  • kennn712
    kennn712 Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Anyone got data on when Mordo was last featured? Or a guesstimate when he will be featured next? Want to know how viable he is as a feeder in the near future
  • bluewolf
    kennn712 said:
    Anyone got data on when Mordo was last featured? Or a guesstimate when he will be featured next? Want to know how viable he is as a feeder in the near future
    Ballparking, 33 weeks from now. Probably closer to 40.
  • kennn712
    kennn712 Posts: 69 Match Maker
    bluewolf said:
    kennn712 said:
    Ballparking, 33 weeks from now. Probably closer to 40.
    Cheers for the reply. Damn that's a while away to get my 13th cover for my 5/2/5 5trange (assuming he's the feeder for Strange... surely he is?!). Guess I'll have to buy it next month for 250CP!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's no feeder on Wednesday. It's always on a Wednesday. There goes predictability!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    I'm so glad they're slowing down with the feeder announcements.
    That breakneck speed just wasn't sustainable.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,910 Chairperson of the Boards
    **Mod Mode: ON**

Moved to Tips and Guides as per request of OP.

**Mod Mode: OFF**
  • bluewolf
    I felt it worth commenting on this thread for a few reasons:

1.  Recently, the feeders - which are not coming very quickly as they approach the end of the "Classic" 5's - have been almost completely separated from any rewards in PVE or PVP.  War Machine, Spider-Man IW, America, Ghost Rider, and Carnage all had their feeder announcement without any way to earn their covers (at least in the immediate timeframe around the announcement).  There have been chances to earn covers for some of those characters in the events since they became feeders, but there is no longer a way to predict the next feeder based on rewards.

In fact:  Miles recently was featured with his PVP event happening at the time of Into the Spiderverse.  This led some to speculate that he would therefore be a feeder, as it would make sense to focus on him as a character in the game at the same time as he was the main character in a huge Marvel movie.  And yet, Carnage was the December feeder.

TLDR:  There is no predicting who will be announced as a feeder when, nor (America->JJ) necessarily who will feed whom based on the comic connection.  However, it does make sense that Carnage feeds Ock, GR feeds GR, Spidey feeds Spidey, and War Machine feeds IM.

2.  The rewards pattern for PVE may have shifted a bit.  It doesn't necessarily matter at this point, but it may have changed to an alphabetical progression.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Honestly, w/r/t who’s next with feeders (and a lot more around here), it might come down to nothing more than a keg and a dart board...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    I think they chose six possible characters of the following category, with one of them being a dark horse to be the feeders, assign each of them a number from 1 to 6, and then throw a dice. If not, flip a coin, or choose from 4 suits of card if they don't have 6 of them.

1. Direct Feeder:

For example: 4* Black Panther feeding 5* Black Panther

2. Indirect Feeder with close relationship:

a. Lovers: Peggy feeding 5* Cap
    b. Friends: Bucky feeding 5* Cap
    c. Teammates: Drax feeding 5* Star-Lord
    d. Enemies: Kingpin feeding 5* Daredevil

3. Distant Feeder

For example:
    1. America Chavez feeding 5* Jessica Jones (Power of the Punch) and Jubilee feeding Jean Grey (Pyrotechnic Ability) 

• Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Is there a thread that lists and updates all feeders? I keep forgetting
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    @Straycat

4* to 5* (8 Jan)
    *4 Vulture - 5 PPSM
    *4 Gamora - 5 Thanos
    *3 Kamila Khan - 4 Medusa - 5 Black Bolt
    *4 Sandman - 5 Green Goblin
    *2 Bullseye - 3 Bullseye - 4 Kingpin - 5 Daredevil