a way to add specific 4* cover rewards to DDQ

Options
ThaRoadWarrior
ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,161 Chairperson of the Boards
I think it would be good to add another rung to the DDQ progression ladder: can we make it so there is a 4* cover for whoever's crash is running? 

I think if you make that final reward require that you get full (current) progression points every day that the sweet/savory vault is open, that would still be relatively exclusive but still provide more opportunities to level 4* covers. I'm thinking we'll need more balanced ways to farm 4*s into 5*s if the 5* release rate is going to accelerate like it appears it may be. 

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They have to be careful with how many 4-stars they're handing out or risk ruining the rarity economy and having players skip star tiers entirely - to their detriment. DDQ already hands out five LTs every two weeks. You're talking about almost doubling that, which gets much closer to the number of 3-stars that can be gained from DDQ.

I know it sounds awesome to get more 4-star covers, but the overall health of the game could suffer from something like that if newer players are rostering/leveling under-covered fours and fives without bothering to build any threes (a common mistake already) and creating a situation where they can't compete, get frustrated, and quit.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I know it sounds awesome to get more 4-star covers, but the overall health of the game could suffer from something like that if newer players are rostering/leveling under-covered fours and fives without bothering to build any threes (a common mistake already) and creating a situation where they can't compete, get frustrated, and quit.
    By making it so that you have to get full progression on all 5 days of a DDQ cycle in order to win that 4* cover, as stated in ThaRoadWarrior's post, this wouldn't be as much of an issue, seeing as you need to have at least 5 different 2, 3 and 4 stars rostered in order to beat the 2CP Reward node. Behemoth Burrito right? 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    yeah, that was the idea. You already have to have the full compliment of required characters on roster to do it, and at a decent enough level already to win. This I feel is even more necessary now that the Latest odds are all flattening out in my opinion. 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    By making it so that you have to get full progression on all 5 days of a DDQ cycle in order to win that 4* cover, as stated in ThaRoadWarrior's post, this wouldn't be as much of an issue, seeing as you need to have at least 5 different 2, 3 and 4 stars rostered in order to beat the 2CP Reward node. Behemoth Burrito right? 
    I like this idea.

I'm playing "Trials Frontier" on the side which has a "daily bonus" sort of like what you're talking about, where you have to complete missions each day for 7 consecutive days to get a Big! bonus, but if you miss any day (fail to complete the missions, or even just don't log in) your progress resets all the way back to Day 1.

I'd love to see something similar with MPQ, where a task like beating the Behemoth Burrito five or even seven days in a row would get you a random 4* cover, a Legendary Token, etc.