Supports - Spider-Sense (6/5/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited June 2018 in MPQ Supports Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Spider-Man has a brand new Support arriving in Marvel Puzzle Quest today: his ever trusty Spider-Sense!

(All Perk descriptions listed at level 250)

Rank 1: The supported character takes 8% less damage from enemy matches.
Rank 2: The supported character's base Green match damage is increased by 132.
Rank 3: At the start of battle, there's a 70% chance to gain 3 Green AP.
Rank 4: Damage from enemy powers is reduced by 726.
Rank 5: At the start of the turn, there's a 20% chance to create a strength 294 Protect tile.
Equip to Spider-Man (Infinity War): New Red, Green, and Blue tiles have a 15% chance of being Web tiles on Spider-Man's turn.

General

• Spider-Sense is now visible in the Support screen
  • New vault and store offering is now available (See Below)

Supports: Spider-Sense Store

• Has all the contents of the Supports Comic Store plus:
    • Vibranium Ore (Wakandan Secret)
    • The Dora Milaje (Protectors of the Throne)
    • Shuri's Lab (Maker Space)
    • Kimoyo Beads (Vibranium Communicator)
    • Ancestral Plane (Home of Panthers)
    • Royal Talon Fighter (Vibranium Aircraft)
    • Spider-Sense (Danger Detection)
  • Spider-Sense is available at 4x odds
  • Has Beginner, Advanced, and Master packs
  • The odds to get a Rank 5 Support in the Master pack is 1 in 27.
  • Only visible if you have a token for it.

Spider-Sense Vault

• Start: Tuesday 6/05 at 12:00 PM EDT
  • End: Tuesday 6/07 at 12:00 PM EDT
  • A 120 item vault
    • One Spider-Sense: Master token
    • Five Spider-Sense: Advanced token
    • Nine Spider-Sense: Beginner token
    • One random 4-Star
    • Fourteen random 3-Stars
    • One 300 Red Iso-8 items
    • Three 200 Red Iso-8 items
    • Three 150 Red Iso-8 items
    • Two 50 Red Iso-8 items
    • Three 25 Red Iso-8
    • Two 5,000 Iso-8 items
    • Five 1,500 Iso-8 items
    • Eight 1,000 Iso-8 items
    • Sixty-Three random 2-Stars

Vulture Heroes for Hire Offer

• Available to all players
  • Available in the Heroes for Hire store
  • 4,800 Hero Points
  • Maximum 1 purchase.
  • Contents:
    • 1,500 Red Iso-8
    • Two Spider-Sense: Advanced token
    • Three Spider-Sense: Beginner token
    • Vulture (Adrian Toomes) Blue Cover

Black Widow Heroes for Hire Offer

• 250 Command Points
  • Maximum 1 purchase.
  • Contents:
    • 5,000 Red Iso-8
    • Spider-Sense: Master token
    • Spider-Sense: Advanced token
    • Black Widow (Infinity War) Black Cover

Comments

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't want supports. I have yet to equip them or level them up. I could care less.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I spent 100 HP on the 120 vault.  Got the 4*.  Done, NEXT!
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    At this point does it even matter when you cant even draw the 1* version of the support directly from a vault "celebrating" release of said support.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    i would think that these posts should tell you what the topic of the post actually does. what if spider sense tells my supported character to order papa johns?  i would never want any of my hard-earned dollars going to support that awful person.

//Removed Inappropriate Content -Brigby
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's one 4* cover in the vault.

I think the Devs definition of the Value of Red Iso and Supports compared to 4* covers and regular Iso is totally different than the player's definition.

This is definitely true. They keep treating Supports like the best thing ever, but they haven't done the legwork to make the players feel the same way. I'm totally on board with Supports, but I can't justify gambling on a vault for a chance at a new Support when all of the 2* covers, Purple ISO, and Red ISO are basically "thanks for playing" consolation prizes. The new support isn't worth the cost it would take to acquire it. I can understand a risk to get a high-level support, but there should be a better chance of acquiring the Rank 1/2 versions of the Support (like, put a couple guaranteed Spidey Sense supports in that vault, in place of some of the 2's). A Daily Deal should at bare minimum feel like "why not?" to get people making the attempt. Right now it looks like saving the HP for a Heroic token daily deal might be more valuable, and I say that as someone that likes supports.

The only real reason to pull from the vault is in a desperate attempt to get ANY support tokens because the Dev's are stingier than that fat dude in Oliver Twist with this stuff. Which makes the availability of the Wakandan supports and the bonus towards Spidey Sense irrelevant, because there's no hope of getting to play with the new toys. From a player perspective, if you're on board at all you're grasping for straws, when really everyone should be enticed to at least gamble a little (on the daily deals).
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby Looks like you have a typo in all your end dates. The special stores all say
    Do they end Thursday, so only available 2 days, or are they open for a week and end on 6/12?
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    JHawkInc said:
    There's one 4* cover in the vault.
    Just edited my post thanks. My vault has a 4* Rocket & Groot cover. I thought it was the 3* Rocket & Groot cover when I first looked at it.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Meh. If we get free tokens again, I'll look forward to my 2*s. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brilliant job again, nice work. Keep it up. I’d hate for these to be in pvp and dilute my targets and mmr even more.

Thanks for not letting anyone get them so I don’t need to worry for the future of my pvp game.

Keep it up, just like this.

love forever Tony xxx
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:

Black Widow Heroes for Hire Offer

• 250 Command Points
    • Maximum 1 purchase.
    • Contents:
      • 5,000 Red Iso-8
      • Spider-Sense: Master token
      • Spider-Sense: Advanced token
      • Black Widow (Infinity War) Black Cover
    By all means, feel free to explain to me why I should drop 250 CP for one cover and negligible resources when 240 CP could get me 2 covers. Or, if I was in the mood to spend on this, why I'm only allowed to do it once. That other 130 CP you're charging is essentially for supports and red iso. Say you are lucky enough to pull something of rank 5, the amount of red iso required to get that support to a level where it actually affects the tide of battle is astronomical. Even moreso when you consider how sparingly the game provides us with Red Iso in the first place. 

I didn't mind these vaults so much when they were 300-something items, but you got constant days worth of free vault tokens and support tokens. The egregious amount of 2-stars was somewhat offset for me by the fact that we got some guaranteed supports regardless of how our luck turned out with the vault tokens. This feels almost lazy compared to that. 
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Just as I suspected did the 100 HP daily deal and got a 2*. Why do I do this to myself? Damn vault.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby Looks like you have a typo in all your end dates. The special stores all say
    Do they end Thursday, so only available 2 days, or are they open for a week and end on 6/12?
    That support store needs to end 6/07 so that they can open the next supports store
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    I threw 100hp at the daily deal, got the Original Black Widow cover I'm going to need tomorrow for DDQ (she was one of the ones I flipped to champ chavez and I didn't have a replacement handy), so I guess that's cool. Saves me having to grind the simulator and hoping for the best.

The spider-sense support seems like it would be pretty cool to put on Iron Spider on that magical day that I
    a) get the support in the first place
    and
    b) RNG my way through flat-odds 4* pulls enough to champ him and make him worth using.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Besides the (valid) snark about supports, from a logistical sense, what's the point of releasing so many of them so quickly.  They should be released once a season max.  At this rate, by the end of the year, you'll probably have more supports than characters in any tier.  
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    I feel as if supports is like the show storage wars. A locker full of trash, but they have something that may be of value if you're lucky enough to buy (pull) the right one. Then you take the item to get apprised (open) and 9 out of 10 ends up being a big fat nothing.