Spider-Sense (Danger Detection)

Options
JHawkInc
JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
Not mentioned anywhere on the forums yet, but they slipped in a new Support recently.

Spider-Sense (Danger Detection), only equips to Spider-Man

Level 250 stats
Perk 1: supported character takes 8% less damage from enemy matches
Perk 2: supported character's base green match damage increased by 132
Perk 3: at start of battle, 70% chance of gaining 3 green AP
Perk 4: damage from enemy powers is reduced by 726
Perk 5: at start of turn, 20% chance to create a strength 294 Protect
Equip to Spider-Man (Infinity War) bonus perk: new red, green, and blue tiles have a 15% chance of being web tiles on Spider-Man's turn.

I like supports. I think this is neat. But I kinda wish they'd release supports like this that benefited every Spider-Man. There's no reason the 3* and two 5* Spideys wouldn't also have Spidey Sense, you know? For that matter, no reason Miles/Gwen wouldn't, either. Web-Shooters are a step better, being equipable to the entire Spider-Verse, but the perks for equipping to a single character aren't as exciting, because they're restrictive. Supports are supposed to be a new level of micro-management, and making the support only shine when equipped to the "right" character completely defeats the purpose of that.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That doesn't even make sense as a support, at least as they've existed so far in the form of people, places, and things. It's not like when Peter gets up on the morning he can forget his spider-sense. You know, like when you forget your cell phone at home and feel like an idiot all day at work. His spider-sense is a part of him. His 3-star version has a power called 'Spider-Sense', for crying out loud.

So when 3-star Spidey equips this support does he have two spider-senses? (One is for warning me of bad guys and the other one goes off if Howard the Duck is nearby.)

If they wanted to make a Spider-Man-only support, how about the Spider-Mobile? That was a sweet ride! How about the Daily Bugle? Peter often uses that place as a resource to gain information.

This is like a support that only attaches to the Hulk called 'Strength'.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's also somewhat depressing that they specifically designed this support to work with IW Spidey, and to a lesser extent 5* Spidey. 3* Spidey can't use green. 5* black suit Spidey doesn't use web tiles. 

Much like the Black Panther-specific support that's effectively designed to only work to its potential when equipped to 5* Panther. The 3* & 4* versions may as well not even bother with it. 

Not that it matters. At the rate of red ISO distribution, we'll experience the end of life on Earth before anyone gets one ranked & leveled to a meaningful level.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It would work just as well with Black Suit Spidey. The web tile generation only applies to Iron Spider, so it doesn't matter that BSS can't use web tiles, because he won't get them anyways.

But I agree on the general weirdness of Spidey Senses being restricted to one character (when it's something any version of Spidey would have by default, and couldn't equip in the first place). Might have made more sense if it were Karen, and worked for Iron Spider or Peter Parker (and not for BSS or 3* Spidey).