Lousy Dog Vs. Human Torch

2»

Comments

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    The pup is a bit more challenging than most of the crashes but his 2 main attacks are the bite if there is a red charged tile or from Torch matching a special so either fire blue to get some specials from Crystal or steal Torch's attack tiles with Medusa. Firing green to get a red charged tile is luck based and Torch can match or destroy it so denying red and green is important, while gathering blue, waiting for the board to be right to get your chosen special power. 

He's not the best, especially one on one but I have a soft spot for the mutt. And for some reason getting your opponent to match a special and so taking damage makes me chuckle.

My pup did this no troyble but champed dog should have little bother. Saved my token for Okoye ...Tomorrow?
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Lost first time with my lvl 250 lockjaw too
    I did get it on my third attempt, (second attempt he had 250 health left and would have been dead next turn) and pretty easily at that. Getting a red charged tile out pretty early and then letting it whittle down his health each turn did the trick

token was a Red Hulk red which I cant use for my 5/4/2 Rhulk, so not so great
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got this one on my fifth attempt with my 188 4/2/3 Lockjaw. I kept getting black-rich and purple-starved boards, so Inferno meant a quick death for me. Finally I got a board with plenty of black and purple, so I was able to steal five or six attack tiles. That, combined with the red charged tile that managed to get buried in a corner, and I finally took Mr. Hotpants down.

My reward was a red Agent Venom - not exactly something I was craving, but it was still useful, bringing him to 2/4/5. That might make his next crash a little easier.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Three close ones and then a dominating win on my fourth try.  He summoned Quake twice and that made all the difference, but now that I've read the thread, I wish I could replay it and try for Medusa after the Torch uses his black power!

The token gave me a needed green Invisible Woman, who's finally at 1/1/1 for me.
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Got it after my 5th try with my 3/5/5 lvl 200 puppy. I hadn't had that many bad boards in a row in a long time. Each fight Johnny would gather reds and blacks like nobody's business and I'd struggle to get at least one shot at my blue (and of course his green would always stay just out of the way so I could get rid of it).

On the 5th try I was able to wait for him to fire inferno then I fired Medusa and the game went pretty quick. 

LT is MEHulk which is going to take me forever to champ so this just may die on the vine  :#
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    My level 272 4/5/4 pooch got it on his first try. I hoarded blue until I saw Quake as the active power, then fired her off 3 times. I'd already been chipping away at Johnny's health with match damage (I never managed to get the right tiles with my green), and denying red and black kept me health positive until I was ready to finish the job.

Token to the mini-hoard while waiting for Okoye to hit packs.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okay. Alright. Did everything by the book, collect blue, avoid purple, got of a green, yay. Wait for Johnny's black. Summon Medusa, great. She converts TWO tiles. Sigh. Next move Johnny cascades maybe 10 - 12 red and kills me with two fireballs. Sigh. This node is bewitched.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    The last try, took him out with 158(!) health left. Craziest CoT ever. Oh, and LT was a Chavez champ level. Good.