Who ya got vs. Sin 6

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
So, the Sinister 6 are no joke. There's a reason they are Spider-Man's deadliest foes. Turns out they're deadly against other guys, too. So who on the Sinister 6 gives you trouble? Who do you plan ahead for? Who do you bring to defeat them?

Doc Ock has to be planned for. I've been taking boosted Cho-Hulk specifically to deal with him. Cho's green will take out Ock's insta-win tile without having to worry about getting rid of all of Ock's other countdown tiles first! 1-shot and down.

Invisi-Venom frustrates me. I've been taking Vulture to help out. Vulture's blue can take out up to 4 enemy special tiles so he'll get rid of Venom's invisibility... but then you gotta be ready to take him down. Vulture works well with Cho, too, getting the totally awesome one his green.

Sandman can be a bear, especially if he's first and you can't take him down in short order. He can pump himself full of yellow quickly and do some damage. Haven't figured out the perfect foil for him yet... maybe Quake.

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cho/Vulture/anyone else. Those two are just so effective at decimating all of the bosses. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vulture/3*Thor/GSBW have been covering everything for me so far, through Round 6.

Thor dishes out most of the damage, but I do sometimes use GSBW's green instead of his, especially when Venom lines up his Invisibility tiles nicely for it. Generally, tho, she's here for her purple, Vulture uses black and blue, his blue will take out Doc Ock's tiles just fine if you use it when he takes off, since they're apparently technically Countdowns.

It also helps that Thor has like a billion health when he's boosted like this. He even goes toe-to-toe with Sandman pretty well.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

I have been using GladiaThor, MEHulk and Chavez. Enough crit tiles takes care of all the bosses so far. :)

Haven't tried it in round 8 though, may need to adjust my tactics there.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cho & Vulture for reasons already specified and Red Hulk goes along nicely for an AOE option. I've also taken Chavez into nodes where Goblin/Carnage/Vulture are second/third bosses - she is no use against Ock or Venom but as the bosses ap does not translate from one to another, after the first first fight she is usually tooled up to start spamming criticals and shoulder charge attacks next round if you have some AP. Otherwise Hulkbuster can still take out Sandman currently (round 6).

I haven't tried but did wonder whether Rogue can target Ock's reactor tile with her red?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    I've been using Half-Life Thor, Chavez, and Low-Life DD on the Non-Oc side (which is pretty much my default burn it down team when I'm not facing a gambit).

For the Oc side I've been using Half-Life Thor, Chavez, and Gwenpool.  Focusing on collecting Purple and Green.  Purple so I can use Sploits for Oc's special tile and Green so I can use God of Thunder on Venom to hit while Invisible.

Easy peasy.

• Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I tend to look at who on my roster is boosted highest, and how they work with those around them. So, I usually end up making my teams from the 8 characters at the top of the select screen.

I was using RHulk (green) /MEHulk (purple) /IMHB (red) for most rounds. Just saved up the right colors and nuked each boss.
    I switched to IMHB (red) /XFW (black) /CHulk (green) when Doc Oc was there. Again, after saving AP for awhile i was able to one shot most of them.
    In Round 8 I switched to IM40 (yellow) /4*Thor (blue & red) /CHulk (green) for the Oc side.  4*Thor's blue couldn't stun any one (it can extend Oc's stun once you remove the countdown) but it still creates charged tiles, plus CHulk's black makes more. 4*Thor's red has no limit on the number of charged tiles it uses to boost damage output.
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2018
    Been using IM40, GSBW, and alternating XFW or RHulk as a third. Vulture could serve as an IM40 alt.

Doc Ock
     : GSBW can target his instakill tile with (Red) or (Green) or can use (Purple) to set up a "destroy 4". Rhulk or XFW serve as a meat sponge, and IM40 sets up Recharge

Invisi-Venom : We leverage his invisi time setup to IM40 recharge or use (purple) up GSBW's (Green). Venom still remains susceptible to IM40 (Blue) AOE even invisible and also GSBW's (Green). If he has the gooey balls to come out of the shadows, he eats nukes from XFW or IM40 (Red) 

Sandman : Usually we are working off IM40 Recharge setups and can go full nuke upon seeing. If Sandman is out first, Matching (Green) and his incessant (Yellow) plays into IM40, GSBW, and alternating XFW or RHulk abilities. 

Vulture : Usually we are working off IM40 Recharge setups and can go full nuke upon seeing. If Vulture is out first, Matching (Black) and his desired colors plays into IM40, GSBW, and alternating XFW or RHulk abilities. 

Green Goblin: Usually we are working off IM40 Recharge setups and can go full nuke upon seeing. If he henchman's up, we go full AOE. Luckily, he doesn't hide behind and can be targeted.

Carnage: Usually we are working off IM40 Recharge setups and can go full nuke upon seeing. Luckily, matching his desired colors plays into IM40, GSBW, and alternating XFW or RHulk abilities. 

• jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    DAZ0273 said:

I haven't tried but did wonder whether Rogue can target Ock's reactor tile with her red?
      Yes it does and she has been my MVP all-star for this boss event.  Our alliance is finished with all rounds and among other things Rogue basically turns Sandman into a match damage machine, which Rogue reduces quite nicely.  He ALWAYS matches yellow so he gains no AP in Yellow, ever. However it still does take a long time to take him down because of his damage reduction.  I also used her green on Carnage to take away his red and bank some red for Rogue to gain some purple for ME Hulk or take out Oct's reactor tile.  My full team has been champed Rogue, America Chavez, and ME Hulk.  That boosted gamma powerbomb is a site to behold indeed =)
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    When it's Sandman/Vulture/Carnage together on one side I've just been cleaning up with 5-star Peter Parker. Not even Sandman's damage reduction can cope with Spidey's Vulture-fueled onslaught.

But then on the other side its Ock, Venom, and Gobby - those guys require a bit more finesse. Cho, Vulture and Rhulk have been my go-to.
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Had been running Vulture, Cloak and Dagger and ME Hulk successfully. I've swapped ME Hulk for TA Hulk and that seems to work even better. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been running Parker/Thor/Gambit. Thor to generate green for Parker and red for Gambit, in addition to what Gambit already generates himself. Chase blue and purple. Gambit purple takes care of Ock tiles, enough red ap and you can then down him with Gambit, Parker blue into green for another boss, and Thor yellow if you need it, but usually you down a boss collecting ap
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    With Th4r boosted, I've been using her with Quake and Spider-Woman.

Thor tanks, plus she can use her team damage yellow to get rid of special tiles or get around invisibility.

Quake reduces team damage and can use her green team damage to get around invisibility or just reshuffle a bad board.

Spider-Woman is the real star of the show, especially on an Ock node. She can hang back and soak up purple to get rid of any pesky enemy tiles, or she can fire her black and step up to give everyone else a rest when I know a big hit is incoming.

By the way, responding to an earlier comment, with this team I absolutely love fighting Venom. I pick off purple tiles as needed to keep him invisible as long as possible while I gather AP for the other rounds (I rarely finish him off before I have 30 red). Thor's yellow and SW's purple keep his invisibility tiles in check, and if they ever get away from me, I wait until there's 5 on the board and fire SW's black. If it looks like his web tiles are in awkward places, Quake can reshuffle the board to move them toward the center. He's never hit me with his insta-kill (even in previous runs of this boss fight), and I always walk away ready to smash whatever comes next.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Rulk/Vulture/XFW

Rulk is a meatshield with self-fueling powers and a strong AOE that can hit Venom when he’s invisible. Vulture fuels Rulk, gets rid of Goblin, Venom, and Doc Ock’s countdowns/invisibility tiles, and stays out of danger while airborne. XFW is mostly there to soak up extra damage and cover black while providing occasional board shake-up.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've swapped out GSBW for MEHulk for rounds 7-8. Even without a battery character, I can use the Doc Ock and Venom rounds to build up AP, and have always managed multiple Powerbombs. Even Sandman falls over after a couple of those.

I also try to go into the Sandman round with close to max red AP. 3-4 (with a cascade, a fourth is totally possible) of 3Thor's red usually turns up at least one yellow Match-5 to take advantage of his weakness.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    GwenPool, Grockett, and Gamora have done the deed for me so far (round six). I only had one embarrassing loss to Doc Ock, when his reactor landed in a corner, and I couldn't get purple for Gwenpool to take care of it. Her green works wonders on single targets as well.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    5-star Strange can keep Venom at bay almost indefinitely if you get his purple at 4 levels or above.  He creates an invisibility tile, and the Eye of Agamotto gets rid of it.  At the higher levels, when Venom creates two tiles he gets ahead of the game a bit if you can't keep matching purple, but it still gives you more time.

As mentioned, Cho (boosted!) is great at taking out Doc Ock's reactor tile.

jtsings said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Yes it does and she has been my MVP all-star for this boss event.  Our alliance is finished with all rounds and among other things Rogue basically turns Sandman into a match damage machine, which Rogue reduces quite nicely.  He ALWAYS matches yellow so he gains no AP in Yellow, ever. However it still does take a long time to take him down because of his damage reduction.  I also used her green on Carnage to take away his red and bank some red for Rogue to gain some purple for ME Hulk or take out Oct's reactor tile.  My full team has been champed Rogue, America Chavez, and ME Hulk.  That boosted gamma powerbomb is a site to behold indeed =)

Well, I feel like an idiot for not thinking of Rogue as an anti-Sandman counter.  Mordo's purple works well, but not letting him get any yellow at all is a much better idea.  Cloak and Dagger making yellow can also help with the Match-5 weakness.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    5-star Strange can keep Venom at bay almost indefinitely if you get his purple at 4 levels or above.  He creates an invisibility tile, and the Eye of Agamotto gets rid of it.  At the higher levels, when Venom creates two tiles he gets ahead of the game a bit if you can't keep matching purple, but it still gives you more time.

As mentioned, Cho (boosted!) is great at taking out Doc Ock's reactor tile.

jtsings said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Well, I feel like an idiot for not thinking of Rogue as an anti-Sandman counter.  Mordo's purple works well, but not letting him get any yellow at all is a much better idea.  Cloak and Dagger making yellow can also help with the Match-5 weakness.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Thorvezbit all the way thru. 100% cake walk. I've had five star nodes give me more trouble. Only SS members to fire a power against me were Sandman and Venom passive. Venom doing the only damage which a joke amount. And with Gambit, he actually made doc Ock an unofficial 4th member on my team.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Cruised through the event using America, ChoHulk, and Gambit.

America for explosive damage,
    Gambit because his purple overwrites venoms invis and all of doc ocs specials.
    Cho can also selectively take out any problem tiles and being boosted right now does plenty of extra damage.

To the OPs comment about Sandman...
    Last time this ran, I handled him using C4rol and some strong yellow support like boosted 3* Spidey. Every match he makes is yellow and she would punish him for it while loading your team with yellow to power up a big strike.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

My Wolveroach account is firmly in 4* land, I've been using Vulture, Red Hulk, 4* Cyclops.

Boost 2 green/black, 1 all, get a black match pronto to get Vulture airborne.  Match more black ready for when he lands.  Before firing Circling Prey, check blue.  If enough to fire Hybrid Tech Slicer, don't, fire Called Shot instead.  As soon as you have 18 green, maybe boosted by Gamma Syphon, fire Hammer & Anvil.  Fire Combined Forces as soon as you have 10 TU AP.  Uncanny Strategist can help get more red.

It's been surprisingly effective, even against Round 8.