Spider-Man (Infinity War) *Updated (5/30/18)

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    The artwork for Iron Spider is really disappointing. Not the cover, which is amazing, but the in-game representation. I can't quite put my finger on why, but it looks like something I'd expect to see in Peter Porker the Amazing Spider-Ham.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Surprised no one commented on it yet...

Parker's face is so disturbing unmasked that we almost forgave D3 for the "Snowboy" Iceman imagery 
    I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about. The expression is sterner than Holland usually is (as Spidey and otherwise), and maybe you could say it looks like he's been aged a decade (doesn't look quite as youthful), but I don't see anything wrong with it, much less enough to call it "disturbing."
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    He is going to be very interesting on the right team.  You need him to tank as many colors as possible to spam web tiles.  He is easily the best web generator in the game now, the obvious teams is the 3 4 start spider characters and I think this will be a very solid team.  You will have to max his blue and probably green since you will be using Gwen's red, Gwen's red and yellow (for healing), Miles yellow and pink (for absolute bombs).  Not sure how good he will be outside of this niche but I think this group will be a lot of fun.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Great way to launch an exiting new character. Plenty of opportunities to get a few covers for people who are dedicated but not hardcore. My casual alliance is really making a push that I had not seen for other boss events. We will most likely get all 3 covers and maybe finish level 8 for first time.

I really like fighting Doc Oct. as well , yeah , put some puzzle in my puzzle quest!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    He is going to be very interesting on the right team.  You need him to tank as many colors as possible to spam web tiles.  He is easily the best web generator in the game now, the obvious teams is the 3 4 start spider characters and I think this will be a very solid team.  You will have to max his blue and probably green since you will be using Gwen's red, Gwen's red and yellow (for healing), Miles yellow and pink (for absolute bombs).  Not sure how good he will be outside of this niche but I think this group will be a lot of fun.
    You sure about Gwen’s red? Proportional Punch has no listed damage cap.
  • hopper1979
    We will have to wait and see but for 6 ap for Gwens power you will need a lot of tiles on the board to match damage with his red even though there is no upper limit.  We can crunch the numbers when more info is out :)  I always go towards speed over a crazy nuke, you can cast her power twice  almost as quickly as his once, also if you bring Miles he has no upper limit as well so two no limit powers might be overkill :)
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not a lot of info, but in the trial node of Shield Training I managed to get Spidey's red up to 16k damage or so with only him generating web tiles. I imagine with another way to generate web tiles the nuke could be incredibly powerful (though it'll still take some work to see if that's better than Gwen, since the lowered cost means you can use her power more often).
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    We will have to wait and see but for 6 ap for Gwens power you will need a lot of tiles on the board to match damage with his red even though there is no upper limit.  We can crunch the numbers when more info is out :)  I always go towards speed over a crazy nuke, you can cast her power twice  almost as quickly as his once, also if you bring Miles he has no upper limit as well so two no limit powers might be overkill :)
    There’s no kill like overkill.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards

6) 5/3/5 for sure. I'd have to see his health and numbers to give a final opinion. I'd be fine with him being low-mid HP if his match numbers were high to ensure he tanks and puts out web tiles. 
    Unless he only creates two web tiles at five covers I’ve gotta disagree. His passive is valuable for its ability to create web tiles and far less so for the damage reduction. The damage reduction is only significant with a large number of web tiles available so web tile creation is his key mechanic. 5/3/5 all the way for me. 
    Haha, I'm confused as to where we disagreed?
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker

6) 5/3/5 for sure. I'd have to see his health and numbers to give a final opinion. I'd be fine with him being low-mid HP if his match numbers were high to ensure he tanks and puts out web tiles. 
    Unless he only creates two web tiles at five covers I’ve gotta disagree. His passive is valuable for its ability to create web tiles and far less so for the damage reduction. The damage reduction is only significant with a large number of web tiles available so web tile creation is his key mechanic. 5/3/5 all the way for me. 
    Oh man that’s embarrassing. I meant to put 3/5/5 haha. 
  • mega ghost

Oh man that’s embarrassing. I meant to put 3/5/5 haha. 
    Ah! I'm pretty drunk right now so I actually had to re-read it a couple of times to make sure I wasn't missing something.

But yes, as someone else noted, at 3 covers his blue only puts out 1 web tile. Beginning at 4 covers it puts out 2. His green goes from 6 to 7 to 8 random colored tiles at 3 to 4 to 5 covers respectively. I suppose 4/4/5 would work too, unless you were planning to bring another green user, in which case I'd stick with 5/3/5.
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Honestly the more I look at him he’s just a one trick pony of spamming web tiles to power his red. I’d rather bring someone like Riri with a solid red and at least one more good power. Don’t think I’d use him unless he was boosted or essential, though as others have noted he could have utility in boosting other web users. 
  • mega ghost
    Honestly the more I look at him he’s just a one trick pony of spamming web tiles to power his red. I’d rather bring someone like Riri with a solid red and at least one more good power. Don’t think I’d use him unless he was boosted or essential, though as others have noted he could have utility in boosting other web users. 
    Yeah, I'm excited to use him because he lifts up the rest of the Spider-Verse and will open up legitimate teams there. Removed from that context, I'd be less inclined to use him.
  • hopper1979
    Yeah, I'm excited to use him because he lifts up the rest of the Spider-Verse and will open up legitimate teams there. Removed from that context, I'd be less inclined to use him.
    Exactly he is not meta breaking by any means but he makes the spider character, with the exception of the 5's, playable.  Up to this point it was very difficult to play Gwen and Miles together due to color overlap this is not a problem anymore  and with the correct balance after some play testing that team may be the next Cardusa team the elements are there in fact they could be better due to the no limit nukes that Miles and Iron Spider Man possess.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, I'm not convinced I'll use him much, because it'll be a while until he's champed and the rest of the spidery characters are fairly mediocre, but I applaud the effort to introduce more 'battery' characters. Just look at the amount of use IM40 and Vulture get at their respective levels - a good, reliable battery becomes very valuable, even if they don't necessariy do much else.

Outside of Gambit feeding himself there doesn't really seem to be one at the 5* level. It might be an interesting addition.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Can gambit override web tiles and can he turn web tiles into countdown tiles? Can he turn a web tiles into charges tiles? I doubt so?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Web tiles are neutral and can’t be targeted by Gambit.
  • fork1977
    fork1977 Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Played with Iron Spidey in Shield Training and he was spinning webs all over the place. In a few turns, there were 10 web tiles just by making matches. He was taking 1 damage from enemy powers and it was pretty amazing to see it. The board was not red-tile friendly, so it took some time to get his red off. He's self-sustainable and I don't think it's necessary to pair him up with Miles. 
    That sustainability depends on him making the matches or using green.  His green is damn cheap, but if he is outclassed on the blue red or green matches his effectiveness drops quite a bit, which is why Miles is such a cool pairing. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Do we know of his match damage is higher like America Chavez?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do we know of his match damage is higher like America Chavez?
    Standard match damage, so no.