Spider-Man vs The Sinister Six - Event Details (5/30/18)

124»

Comments

• Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster said:
    Twice now my Alliance has unlocked a new round without the boss nodes unlocking for me. Anyone else have this issue?
    I've seen it reported in the past that if you switch alliances after starting the event, your boss nodes unlock with the alliance you are in, not when your event team beats the round. 
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Also remember that you can destroy Ock's reactor tile even while his tentacles are still out. You can't match it, but you can use powers to destroy it at any time.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash said:
    Also remember that you can destroy Ock's reactor tile even while his tentacles are still out. You can't match it, but you can use powers to destroy it at any time.
    If you make a match 4 or 5 to clear the row or column the reactor tile is in, that will remove the reactor tile as well. So a character like GSBW that can set up those conditions works well too. 
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster said:
    Twice now my Alliance has unlocked a new round without the boss nodes unlocking for me. Anyone else have this issue?
    Were you in the middle of the boss fight and another member of your ally flipped it? When you actually finish, the game treats it as if you had started and ended a boss node in the latter round and locks the node. where in game comms would be great. When we are within several boss hits of flipping the round, we tell everyone to finish their current boss node, hold on and just have one person clear and check back when done. Force close the app and open up to new round and boss nodes refreshed! but this has happened to me before and it's usually miscommunication with teammates to blame
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash said:
    Vulture is the MVP for this event. His blue can destroy Venom's invisibility tiles and Doc Ock's tentacles and reactor tile when fired from his black. Pair with Rogue just in case things go south - she can punch out the reactor with her red, and also blunts Sandman's yellow match damage. Finally, bring Patch along - throw out Berserker Rage whenever you can, Vulture will clean up the enemy strike tiles easily, and when Vulture goes airborne Patch tanks everything and his red becomes a near-OHKO for most of the bosses.
    Rogue is awesome against Sandman because she shuts down his yellow AP generation, too. No pesky AOE damage to deal with. 

I ran C&D, Vulture, Rogue just now, no problemo. 
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I like to use my time with Boss Doc Ock to gather AP for the next boss. If you can match away or overwrite his tentacles and the let the reactor tile countdown several tics while you collect ap, then you can match the reactor tile and freeze Ock for 5 turns and collect even more AP, just making sure to kill him before he comes out of stun.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Moved comments on potential bugs to Bugs & Technical Issues subforum
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    First fight Sandman feels like the hardest boss in all of MPQ.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Tee said:
    First fight Sandman feels like the hardest boss in all of MPQ.
    Nah man. They are all hard if you don't have the right characters to counter them. If I did not have Vulture Doc Oct and Venom would be very difficult. Even Carnage gets annoying after a while. What I'm doing is Nuking everybody with ME Hulk's Pink Power. I try to save it until I get to Sandman and kill him quick. He is pretty tough though because the damage to him is reduced. I'm using ME Hulk, Scarlet Witch, and Vulture. Try them if you have them champed. Scarlet Witch is only there as a battery for ME Hulk's Pink power. Vulture takes care of Venom and his invisibility tiles and Doc Oct's count down and Tentacle tiles. Good luck.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Doc Ock loses to anyone with a tile destruction ability or tile creation such as the 3* Widow since both 4/5 line matches and destroy abilities will kill the reactor tile and immediately stun him.
    Venom loses in general since you can just farm AP on him. Even moreso if you're running Scarlet, or again, someone who can destroy the invisibility tiles.
    Green Goblin is easily bursted since his minions don't tank damage for him like Ironman's do.
    Vulture is like Carnage but takes even longer to get setup and doesn't have the insane ability to do multiple turns at once.
    Carnage takes a minute to get started but one he does, he's near impossible to stop.

The difference with those is first fight, they're not that difficult. They can be if they get some good matches but there's also a good chance you'll have gained a fair amount of AP to deal with them. With Sandman, that's the issue. Not only is he very tanky but his passive generates his main damage source and yellow isn't exactly the biggest damage source in the game. Even Hulk's Crowd tiles can get matched away just by Sandman's passive going off. Add onto that, his damage hits the entire team with a huge Nuke that hits very very hard in the later stages. There is no such thing as a bad board for Sandman. He makes a bad board good for him and you have to stop him from making it any worse for you.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    one of the more fun Boss event in my opinion
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any round where doc Ock wasn't the last enemy, he was the MVP of my team. I'd erase his four tiles with Gambit purple, then using the main countdown tile as a timer for building up my AP. When I was ready just erase the tile again, and let Chavez take him down.

Full AP in everything else and the last One or two SS have zero chance.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy said:
    Any round where doc Ock wasn't the last enemy, he was the MVP of my team. I'd erase his four tiles with Gambit purple, then using the main countdown tile as a timer for building up my AP. When I was ready just erase the tile again, and let Chavez take him down.

Full AP in everything else and the last One or two SS have zero chance.
    Yeah, once again Gambit completely breaks everything.

But he's totally fine, no need to nerf him.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    To be fair, you can do basically the same thing with Vulture, Rogue, GSBW, Nico, Teen Jean, or CHulk. Unless they were last, I typically used the Doc Ock and Venom stages to stall and gain AP.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Rogue is awesome against Sandman because she shuts down his yellow AP generation, too. No pesky AOE damage to deal with. 

I ran C&D, Vulture, Rogue just now, no problemo. 

Maybe bad form to quote my own post, but Rogue is simply an all-star in this entire event. Power Siphon shuts down Sandman's yellow (and, indirectly, his purple) and Carnage's red, the two most annoying powers of the Six. She can also destroy Ock's tentacle tiles, Venom's invisibility tiles, Goblin's Trick or Treat tiles (or those of his goons), and Vulture's airborne tile, all while tanking like crazy and standing up to a lot of damage.

That C&D, Vulture, Rogue team clears every combo of bosses, in a slow & steady kind of way.