Spider-Man vs The Sinister Six - Event Details (5/30/18)

Comments

• Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    I still do no understand the meaningless 140 Iso rewards. It makes even less sense that one of the Boss node rewards is 250 Iso, whereas the side nodes are always 500 Iso. Would it really hurt to just make all the Iso rewards at least 500? I guess we should just be thankful they added all that Red Iso
    It's absurd that if you want anything past the normal progression rewards, you've gotta throw yourself at super jacked up nodes for a measly 500 iso a pop. And each of those pops costs a Lv 8 boss battle. 
    Well when you say 'costs', there's no need to actually fight that boss once you've finished progression (and your alliance doesn't need the points any more either). You can just take in three throwaway characters, play one round, and then back out. Then fight another node for the 500 iso, rinse and repeat.

But yeah, the main point stands - the rewards for boss events desperately need addressing, especially considering they're more frequent now. It's not like it'd be hard to throw a bit more iso our way and placate the increasingly grumling player base.

Meanwhile, isn't this thing supposed to start in about 20 minutes? Still no preview in-game for me.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    So the Boss event is 25 Mins away and still no in game preview. I'm a daily forum reader, but not everyone is. They should of put the preview up with some time before it starts. I learned from the last Boss event that some of my Alliance mates did not know there was a boss event until the preview came up. I now informed them since yesterday, but still not everyone plays the game all through out the day like me and most of us do.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Richyyy said:
    I still do no understand the meaningless 140 Iso rewards. It makes even less sense that one of the Boss node rewards is 250 Iso, whereas the side nodes are always 500 Iso. Would it really hurt to just make all the Iso rewards at least 500? I guess we should just be thankful they added all that Red Iso
    It's absurd that if you want anything past the normal progression rewards, you've gotta throw yourself at super jacked up nodes for a measly 500 iso a pop. And each of those pops costs a Lv 8 boss battle. 
    Well when you say 'costs', there's no need to actually fight that boss once you've finished progression (and your alliance doesn't need the points any more either). You can just take in three throwaway characters, play one round, and then back out. Then fight another node for the 500 iso, rinse and repeat.

But yeah, the main point stands - the rewards for boss events desperately need addressing, especially considering they're more frequent now. It's not like it'd be hard to throw a bit more iso our way and placate the increasingly grumling player base.

Meanwhile, isn't this thing supposed to start in about 20 minutes? Still no preview in-game for me.
    It would be really nice if there wasn't an 8 limit on the boss win rewards.  Let it keep giving you something even if it's just 100 ISO each time you win.  If there has to be a cap it should be at least 16-25, not sure if there are technical limitations preventing this but even if it was just on Round 8 it would be an improvement.

Also where is SCLs for boss events?  That alone would help so the higher level SCLs get a slight multiplier on the amount of ISO, HP, and cover types.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:

Also where is SCLs for boss events?  That alone would help so the higher level SCLs get a slight multiplier on the amount of ISO, HP, and cover types.
    I'll never understand why SCL still has not been implemented onto Boss Events and DDQ. The devs have never given a reason.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    PVE ISO progression rewards are always pathetic, though. Why is the prize on the tier immediately before the 4-star cover only 500 ISO, for example?
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Yup, this boss is as terrible as I remember.  Time to take a few days off.  Please take this boss and apocalypse and throw them away to never be used again
  • n25philly
    broll said:

I'll never understand why SCL still has not been implemented onto Boss Events and DDQ. The devs have never given a reason.
    Reason?  About about that sounds like work...
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    n25philly said:
    broll said:

The work is already there, they just need to apply it to Boss and DDQ.
  • Shintok17
    n25philly said:
    Yup, this boss is as terrible as I remember.  Time to take a few days off.  Please take this boss and apocalypse and throw them away to never be used again
    Apocalypse is awesome. I love the strategy it takes to beat him. It feels so good when you beat him because you outsmarted him. He does get tough later on, but I like it. The Sinister Six Boss is just annoying in that the new Boss mode way the enemies behave make the matches take longer than they should. Looking at Doc Oct's count down tile, Venom's invisibility, and Carnage's many matches per round and Loki board shuffle. Overall it's not that bad so far. 
  • n25philly
    Shintok17 said:
    n25philly said:
    Apocalypse is awesome. I love the strategy it takes to beat him. It feels so good when you beat him because you outsmarted him. He does get tough later on, but I like it. The Sinister Six Boss is just annoying in that the new Boss mode way the enemies behave make the matches take longer than they should. Looking at Doc Oct's count down tile, Venom's invisibility, and Carnage's many matches per round and Loki board shuffle. Overall it's not that bad so far. 
    Both bosses punish you for bad boards which is pure anti-fun.  No reason I should be losing in round 2.  For my alliance's sake I hope someone can step up as I don't want to play stuff that is designed to not be fun.
  • n25philly
    n25philly said:
    broll said:

The work is already there, they just need to apply it to Boss and DDQ.
    That was a not 100% serious response
  • Shintok17
    n25philly said:
    Shintok17 said:
    n25philly said:
    Both bosses punish you for bad boards which is pure anti-fun.  No reason I should be losing in round 2.  For my alliance's sake I hope someone can step up as I don't want to play stuff that is designed to not be fun.
    I agree with you on the bad board spells Doom point. 
  • Shintok17
    broll said:
    n25philly said:
    Apocalypse is probably the best boss event after Civil War (that's only better due to potential double rewards).

This one is really good too, only problem with it is that the scoring is way too low.  A top alliance can clear it in half the time, which can easily in 24 hours... Kinda stinks to not have anything to do all weekend.
    Not all of us have a top alliance or even one that always fully participates in the Boss events, so most of us are good for MPQ weekend activities. If MPQ is your whole weekend then you should try going outside or associating with other humans. Just joking. I do play all weekend as well, but also live life. The good thing about Boss events is it's every 8hrs so you have time for personal stuff. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    n25philly said:
    Shintok17 said:
    n25philly said:
    Sounds less like a case of it not being fun and more that your roster isn't developed enough yet. That's why we don't have heroics or guantlet anymore, gotta be able to win every reward all the time.
  • n25philly
    smkspy said:
    n25philly said:
    Shintok17 said:
    n25philly said:
    Sounds less like a case of it not being fun and more that your roster isn't developed enough yet. That's why we don't have heroics or guantlet anymore, gotta be able to win every reward all the time.
    There is a big difference between losing because your roster is not strong enough and because the only way to win is a countdown tile placed in a spot that is impossible to match.  One is fine and one is bad anti-fun game design
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    It looks like the missing points bug from when this event was last run didn't get fixed...
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    n25philly said:
    smkspy said:
    n25philly said:
    Shintok17 said:
    n25philly said:
    There is a big difference between losing because your roster is not strong enough and because the only way to win is a countdown tile placed in a spot that is impossible to match.  One is fine and one is bad anti-fun game design
    There are other ways to deal with it. TAHulk can punch it away, for example.

I like that this event's a bit different, personally. As with the other better boss events, it makes you think a bit more than the endless grinding PvEs.

Scoring seems awfully high, though. Should people really be on 5-600,000 points before there's even been one refresh?
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    n25philly said:
    smkspy said:
    n25philly said:
    Shintok17 said:
    n25philly said:
    I'm curious at what round you're at that this point that is giving you such a hard time.
  • n25philly
    smkspy said:
    n25philly said:
    smkspy said:
    n25philly said:
    Shintok17 said:
    n25philly said:
    I'm curious at what round you're at that this point that is giving you such a hard time.
    Wiped on round 2 which is an absolute joke.  In a good boss battle it's like round 6 before I have to worry about something like that.  I mean I technically did like 10x the damage to beat him, but since the special countdown was of course placed in an impossible spot I apparently suck.