Spider-Man (Infinity War) *Updated (5/30/18)

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    His ability doesn't require him to be in front to get damage reduction from enemy power. He can be in the middle or at the back and he still get damage reduction as long as there is at least one web tile. 

As for tanking, depending on who you team him up with, he's likely to be tanking green and blue. 

That works for team damage only--you need him UP FRONT (a la tanking) to get the benefit of diffusing single target effects. This is really not a good passive for your team unless you can put him up front.

And for your tanking statement--why do you assume he's likely tanking green and blue? I assume he's tanking NOTHING as he's the newest 4* on your roster, and unless you're pairing him with 3*'s or Miles/Gwen, he's sitting in the back--not negating damage, not creating web tiles, not doing much of anything...

EDIT: I feel like I'm the only person on here who is horribly underwhelmed by this toon. His best partner (5* Parker) can't be used with him. And how often do you see Gwen/Miles teams now? Seems like a gimmick toon to me, but what do I know.
    He’s definitely niche for sure.

I think he does need to tank to be effective so in contrast to other recent releases like Chavez and Valkyrie, 5* rosters won’t have much use for him (which is fine since there are two Parkers at that tier anyway lol).

He’s really only going to excel with Miles and/or Gwen and/or a good Blue/Black character to rainbow.

So I think newer players who don’t have those characters (stuck in Classics no less) will struggle to find a good team for him.

And those vets who have been champing 4s since its inception- who not only have those characters, but also have them at higher levels (mid to high 300s)- might not have much use for him either. 

Miles/Spidey is a niche team, but a DAMN good one. And I love when new characters make old characters relevant (like Medusa did Carnage or Shuri does Mr. F).

But to get the most out of this character you really need to be a 4* player, and have Miles/Gwen champed, but not to ridiculously high levels.

TLDR: He’s perfect for my roster and I can’t wait to play him!
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    The 4* alliance covers are Iron Spider covers, per the announcement.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Updated some details, and corrected some typos. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    So no more references to Enemy of the State now.  I guess  that puts a hole in the theory that it will be run after DPvsMPQ.
  • Tensuun
    Tensuun Posts: 98 Match Maker
    "Proportonal"? Hope that's not what it says in-game.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Heroes for Hire
    • Starts: Thu, May 31, 7:00am EDT
    That was an hour and a half ago.  It's still not in my game (SHIELD Training or H4H).  Is this a typo or is something wrong?  Typically these do start at 7am on Thursday's so it makes me think something might be wrong, but I could also see them deploying it at the same time as the boss event.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Brigby said:

That was an hour and a half ago.  It's still not in my game (SHIELD Training or H4H).  Is this a typo or is something wrong?  Typically these do start at 7am on Thursday's so it makes me think something might be wrong, but I could also see them deploying it at the same time as the boss event.

I noticed the absence too. I assume it will go live when the pre-boss battle data push hits in a few hours.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    broll said:
    Brigby said:

I noticed the absence too. I assume it will go live when the pre-boss battle data push hits in a few hours.
    Shield Training itself was delayed till noon (it's flagged with a bold "New Update"), I would presume this was delayed as well, for whatever reason.
  • Quebbster
    Data push hit, Black Widow is in tokens, SHIELD training is still not open. Oh well, I am in no rush.
  • broll
    Quebbster said:
    Data push hit, Black Widow is in tokens, SHIELD training is still not open. Oh well, I am in no rush.
    It was stated that the typo above was fixed for SHIELD Training, I quoted the H4H (which is still absent, but makes sense to come in at the same time).

It was also confirmed by a dev on discord 12PM EDT is the correct time. 
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    A good teammate that Iron Spider and Mile can work with is Spider-woman. Iron Spider can still tank all his colour if he at least same level as them and her black can let her jump in front of Iron Spider to prevent him taking damage.
  • Quebbster
    broll said:
    Quebbster said:
    It was stated that the typo above was fixed for SHIELD Training, I quoted the H4H (which is still absent, but makes sense to come in at the same time).

It was also confirmed by a dev on discord 12PM EDT is the correct time. 
    Yeah, the quoted post was my wy of acknowledging my erroneous assumption.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Daredevil217 said: 
    @mega ghost

Iron Spidey's passive reduces damage from only enemy power, not match damage. So, you can forget about him soaking match damage, unless the description changed.
    Which means Grocket/Medusa/Gamora >>> Spiderverse as they will melt the face of Parker with strikes before he can ramp up. 

Honestly the perfect partner for Spidey is Shuri... if they didn’t have the exact same color configuration, in the exact same order, with the exact same color (blue) being passive for both. 

Ah, it's more likely that I just didn't catch that distinction when I first read it. I guess we'll need some clarification as to what is included in "enemy powers" then. Certainly not straight match damage then, but what about damage caused by passive powers? What about a power like America Chavez's 'Punch Everyone' where match damage is increased by a % for each AP she has in that color?

I fully expect spidey's blue to behave similar to Rogue. As long as she's in front she mitigates power damage whether it's active or passive.
    Rogue also reduces Match damage which Spidey clearly does not, as we all agree.

The color plan being the same as Shuri was likely not an accident.
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker

6) 5/3/5 for sure. I'd have to see his health and numbers to give a final opinion. I'd be fine with him being low-mid HP if his match numbers were high to ensure he tanks and puts out web tiles. 
    Unless he only creates two web tiles at five covers I’ve gotta disagree. His passive is valuable for its ability to create web tiles and far less so for the damage reduction. The damage reduction is only significant with a large number of web tiles available so web tile creation is his key mechanic. 5/3/5 all the way for me. 
  • Quebbster

6) 5/3/5 for sure. I'd have to see his health and numbers to give a final opinion. I'd be fine with him being low-mid HP if his match numbers were high to ensure he tanks and puts out web tiles. 
    Unless he only creates two web tiles at five covers I’ve gotta disagree. His passive is valuable for its ability to create web tiles and far less so for the damage reduction. The damage reduction is only significant with a large number of web tiles available so web tile creation is his key mechanic. 5/3/5 all the way for me. 
    From the ingame info you need four blue covers to put out two web tiles. Level 5 increases damage reduction from 9% to 12%. Green just targets one additional tile for each level. So I guess 4/4/5 could be a viable build if you care more about spamming web tiles than reducing damage.
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Surprised no one commented on it yet...

Parker's face is so disturbing unmasked that we almost forgave D3 for the "Snowboy" Iceman imagery 
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor

Parker's face is so disturbing unmasked that we almost forgave D3 for the "Snowboy" Iceman imagery 

Should this be posted as a found "Bug?"
  • broll
    Punter1 said:

Should this be posted as a found "Bug?"
    Should be posted as an arachnid.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Played with Iron Spidey in Shield Training and he was spinning webs all over the place. In a few turns, there were 10 web tiles just by making matches. He was taking 1 damage from enemy powers and it was pretty amazing to see it. The board was not red-tile friendly, so it took some time to get his red off. He's self-sustainable and I don't think it's necessary to pair him up with Miles.