Shuri or Valkyrie?

Ctenko
Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
So I cracked my Horde the other dayyyyy...

And got pretty lucky. Of the 150ish pulls, i did way better than average on 5's. Pulling about 20. 11 Beards and a 3/5/3 seems nice. Plus a solid little JJ. Even got A Robbie cover. A single, but whatever. He's about to leave. Who cares if my Reyes is 0/0/1?

I even managed a little luck for the wastage. Got a solid cover on all the latest twelve. Finally got the Magic Yellow covers for a Mister Fantastic. Even a single Bucky cover to bring him to 3/3/3. He is my new unicorn. 

But after getting some other champs out of the way, that had silly amounts of covers. 7 extra nightcrawlers, I am left with 7 covers wasting away, and a Sixth America Green. Now, I do not care at all about the Lockjaws. He can be the bestest boy about, but I still don't care to put a single iso into him. So his two covers can help with the cost of someone I want. 

I have a single Valkyrie Cover, and a pressing need to Champ her, and re adjust those colors. 

And 4 Shuri blues, which almost makes me want to dupe her. But then I will have this same problem in a month, and No Green or Red. Now Valkyrie looks crazy good. But Shuri is part of my Fun team. Even at level 150 she contributes to fun team. But she also contributes even at level 150. But she would contribute more at 274.

So. Whom do i champ? 

Comments

• lakantanz
    lakantanz Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    I have yet to develop a team with Valk in mind though she does look to have potential.  However I have started to regularly use shuri, black panther and another (often hobo fist) for a fun pvp team when not going against flavor of the month (year?) teams.  She is a lot of fun and I would recommend her.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    lakantanz said:
    I have yet to develop a team with Valk in mind though she does look to have potential.  However I have started to regularly use shuri, black panther and another (often hobo fist) for a fun pvp team when not going against flavor of the month (year?) teams.  She is a lot of fun and I would recommend her.
    Try Goblin with the Wakanda team.  If you protect BP's yellow repeater tile, hilarity ensues as your team fills the board with fortified tiles and the passive damage from both Wakandans.  It's one of my fun DDQ teams...

OP, you didn't say what your "fun" team was.  I like both characters, but I vote for Shuri.  Val works well if you're using 5*, america, carol, grocket/guardian, etc.  But, her passive requires you to be active and make sure you damage the right enemy.  So, if you want to play the game on autopilot, Shuri is the winner.  You have to pay more attention if you're using Val.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just champed Shuri yesterday, and tried running her with Main Event Hulk and Mockingbird. i think there's too much overlap with MB, so I kind of want to find a different 3rd. I have a feeling she'd be strong with C4ge/Hobofist but I just have Hobofist champed at the moment. Valkyrie I liked in the release event, but since mine is 3/3/2 lvl 90 I can't really compare her to Shuri for you.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just champed Shuri yesterday, and tried running her with Main Event Hulk and Mockingbird. i think there's too much overlap with MB, so I kind of want to find a different 3rd. I have a feeling she'd be strong with C4ge/Hobofist but I just have Hobofist champed at the moment. Valkyrie I liked in the release event, but since mine is 3/3/2 lvl 90 I can't really compare her to Shuri for you.

How about Mr Fantastic? His blue fortifies two tiles and he gives full Rainbow coverage with Shuri and MEHulk.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited May 2018
    My Mr F is 2/2/2, so I'll get back to you on that in 2019 lol. Hobofist fortifies on blue actively (eventually), and he has an active black, so really just the green overlaps with Shuri; I may attempt that and see how it goes.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Mr F is 2/2/2, so I'll get back to you on that in 2019 lol. Hobofist fortifies on blue actively (eventually), and he has an active black, so really just the green overlaps with Shuri; I may attempt that and see how it goes.

Not a bad idea. Shuri's green is sort of optional anyway - if you have a better green it's fine to put at 3 covers.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I'd love to run Shuri with Peggy and IM40 get a stacked AP tax going with a bonus AP reduction, but my Peggy is similarly not ready for prime time at 4/3/3. I'm hopeful I'll be able to land that red out of the upcoming PVP and then get to work on my Psylocke for the rest here in a bit.