MPQ Sneak Peek: May 2018 Edition *Updated (5/30/18)

15678911»

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Professor X seems most likely to give out Phoenix, though I think having him double-feed Old Man Logan with XFW would be pretty appropriate as well. I have a feeling when we finally get that Gambit feeder, it'll be from Jubilee or some other bottom-tier 4* x-man rather than the Rogue everybody wants it to be. 
    I don't think so.  I think Phoenix is more likely to be fed by Teen Jean or Cyclops.  I suspect Prof X will feed AA or Gambit, probably AA.

Drax would like to Point out that the feeder assignments don't Always make much sense. We will see in due time.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Quebbster said:
    broll said:
    Professor X seems most likely to give out Phoenix, though I think having him double-feed Old Man Logan with XFW would be pretty appropriate as well. I have a feeling when we finally get that Gambit feeder, it'll be from Jubilee or some other bottom-tier 4* x-man rather than the Rogue everybody wants it to be. 
    I don't think so.  I think Phoenix is more likely to be fed by Teen Jean or Cyclops.  I suspect Prof X will feed AA or Gambit, probably AA.

Drax would like to Point out that the feeder assignments don't Always make much sense. We will see in due time.
    Drax feeding Star-Lord makes sense.  Now it doesn't make the most sense, but it certainly fits.

It's been more or less proven that the feeder is chosen by the 4* who comes up for feeder turn, rather than vice versa.  The only other even remotely sane 5* to come out of Drax would be Thanos and he already had a feeder.

Based on that logic who fits at all with Prof X?  Any of the X-Men, so:
    - Archangel (former X-Men/original member)
    - Gambit
    - Phoenix
    - OML

Next elimate those that already have a feeder (OML), so down to:
    - Archangel (former X-Men/original member)
    - Gambit
    - Pheonix

Now who has better feeders out of those 3?
    - Archangel = None that I can think of.
    - Gambit = Rogue, duh
    - Phoenix = Teen Jean & Cyclops

Therefore if I were them using the rules they seem to be using I'd pick AA.  I'm not saying any players want that (I certainly don't), but it seems most likely to me.

Now Prof X and Jean certainly have a strong link in the comics so it's not impossible for it to be Phoenix, but with so many characters to link up I would think they would save her since she's got several other and better options where AA really doesn't.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jean & Cyclops would both make logical feeders for Phoenix but in the hope that a 5* Cable is a realistic thing at some point (and I believe Josh Austin expressed his desire to bring the character to MPQ in an interview at some point), I would hope they saved one of them for him.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Jean & Cyclops would both make logical feeders for Phoenix but in the hope that a 5* Cable is a realistic thing at some point (and I believe Josh Austin expressed his desire to bring the character to MPQ in an interview at some point), I would hope they saved one of them for him.
    I would think that would be ideal for Cyclops.  My understanding (and this could be totally wrong I haven't read a lot of comics but have some general knowledge about them from others and wikis) is he's the son of Cyclops and Madelyne Pryor who's a Jean Grey clone, but not truly Jean.
  • DAZ0273
    broll said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I would think that would be ideal for Cyclops.  My understanding (and this could be totally wrong I haven't read a lot of comics but have some general knowledge about them from others and wikis) is he's the son of Cyclops and Madelyne Pryor who's a Jean Grey clone, but not truly Jean.
    That is correct, so yeah, Cyclops would be best choice out of the 2.
  • DAZ0273
    Mind you - technically Phoenix ended up not really being Jean either! Poor Chris Claremont...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a feeling Nightcrawler is going to feed Archangel eventually, but I could see Professor X-> Archangel as well. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Main reason I don't Think it's Archangel is that they seem to have abandoned giving recent fivestars feeders - coincidentally that happened when it was Gambit's turn to get one.

Heck, Cyclops could just as easily be Archangel's feeder as they are both original X-men. I will agree that Jean is not likely though.

• Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    I think it wouldnt be very hard to argue for Prof X feeding Phoenix as he actually has close link to Jean and the Phoenix part of her... the others mainly just with Jean...

I do get the “nobody fits angel” argument, but that would suggest d3 looking ahead quite a bit.... so...
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited May 2018
    *(5/30/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Weekly Buffs.

Here is the June 2018 Sneak Peek 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    • 4-Star: Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze), Nick Fury, The Punisher (MAX), Red Hulk, Venom (Eddie Brock)
    Damn.. usually Punisher is stuck being boosted with Iceman but now it's Red Hulk.. I can still use them together but still!
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    I finally just fully covered red hulk, I'm excited to use him. 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Again a Shield Training where i wont get the new 4*. Bummer.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Smart80 said:
    I think it wouldnt be very hard to argue for Prof X feeding Phoenix as he actually has close link to Jean and the Phoenix part of her... the others mainly just with Jean...

I do get the “nobody fits angel” argument, but that would suggest d3 looking ahead quite a bit.... so...

and there is this off course, as they go much further back... :-)
    https://goo.gl/images/6qZZ5B

(Cant get the image to work for some reason...)