**** Yondu (Awesome Mix Volume 2) ****

124»

Comments

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just champed him this weekend. Man.... his blue power is great. It’s a game changer. You know who I think would work work very well with him? 

Nico Minoru. 

His black power seems tailor-made for Nico to constantly buff. And it destroys the enemies highest pool by 7 AP. Great for keeping opponents down. Nico also makes shields to hold the damage they can take down. 

I’ll be looking for a 3rd eventually. Right now my Nico is at 0/1/2. Vulture has too much overlap despite feeding the strongest power the team would have. Maybe Mockingbird would work. Maybe Ghost Rider too?
  • Tiger_Wong
    Just champed him this weekend. Man.... his blue power is great. It’s a game changer. You know who I think would work work very well with him? 

Nico Minoru. 

His black power seems tailor-made for Nico to constantly buff. And it destroys the enemies highest pool by 7 AP. Great for keeping opponents down. Nico also makes shields to hold the damage they can take down. 

I’ll be looking for a 3rd eventually. Right now my Nico is at 0/1/2. Vulture has too much overlap despite feeding the strongest power the team would have. Maybe Mockingbird would work. 
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Tiger how about 4 Cage, even more buff potential and once Cage gets rolling Yondu should never take enough damage to loose his blue once it is cast even if he is out front.  Then you can tank with Nico or Cage, heal her or do more damage with cage when you collect enough yellow.  
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger how about 4 Cage, even more buff potential and once Cage gets rolling Yondu should never take enough damage to loose his blue once it is cast even if he is out front.  Then you can tank with Nico or Cage, heal her or do more damage with cage when you collect enough yellow.  
    I might try that. The extra defense could work to hide Yondu.

Ive trying C&D with them right now. It looks good so far. There’s almost always strikes or attack tiles for Rico to buff. And it looks like it would add up quickly. 
  • hopper1979
    They should work as well, who does'nt C&D pair well with :).  I suggested Cage to maximize the chance of Yondou's blue staying on the board even if you mess up and he jumps up front he still will probably not take enough damage for it to be removed.  With C&D and Nico you have two true healers who you want to tank the damage, if one is taken out on a big nuke things can fall apart quickly especially if they lack synergy.  I do not see that with C&D and Nico regardless of the form C&D are feeding somebody but Nico and C&D are both low HP characters so you have to be a little more careful.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Is Yondu’s strongest color = yellow?
  • Tiger_Wong
    Yuck. That’s so dumb. I just don’t get strongest color stuff. How is blue not his strongest color?
  • hopper1979
    That is a good thing, that means he does not jump up front when you match a blue which is what you want to collect so you can pop his blue.
  • Tiger_Wong
    But when I team him with Prof X or Carol and he’s the highest level, the AP goes to a color that I almost will never use. 

Ive still never used his yellow. 
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    Oh no, you could start a match with him injured so that your 1st match-4 will regen his health. It's safe-ish to do this since the enemy team will not be able to fire powers for a while. Then, as stated, keep him safe behind other teammates for the most part. 
    Assign Carol as your only 4* BH so that she passes him in strongest color level.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Finally got around to champing him just now and am wondering if anyone has figured out any other effective teams for him yet.

Presently, all I'm doing is considering the relative merits of Grockeyondusa and Grockamoradusa.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Finally got around to champing him just now and am wondering if anyone has figured out any other effective teams for him yet.

Presently, all I'm doing is considering the relative merits of Grockeyondusa and Grockamoradusa.
    I tried to create team that Yondu tank as little colour as possible to safeguard his blue passive, while trying to utilize his black strike tile creating ability and maybe also spped up his blue.
    Some of the team that I can think of work with him:

• Yondu, IM40, 3Blade - Yondu tanks yellow only and his black can help blade's purple
    • Yondu, X23, 3 Panther- Yondu tanks black and yellow (depend on level compare to Panther), all produce strike tiles which can help X23's purple.
    • Yondu, Rogue/Thing, 3Falcon - Rogue/Thing can protect Yondu, together with Falcon's protect tiles, however Yondu tank 2 colour (unless Falcon's level higher)
    • Yondu, Rogue/Thing, 3Deadpool - Rogue/Thing and Deadpool's passive can protect Yondu, but he is tank all colour (unless Deadpool's level higher)
    • Yondu, X23, 3Daken-  Many Strike tiles created, with Yondu tank 1 or 2 colour (depend on level compare to Daken),
    • Yondu, Vulture, MockingBird - Yondu tank 1 or 2 colour (depend on level compare to Vulture), but Vulture can speed up his blue, mockingbird can speed up Vulture black (work only if Vulture tank colour)
    • Yondu, Ragnarok, 3Falcon - Only work best if Yondu lowest level, but Ragnarok can spped up blue and Falcon can biff Yondu's strike and thus his blue passive damage.
    • Yondu, Vulture, IM40
    • Yondu, Wasp, Ragnarok - Yondu tank 1 colour if Wasp higher level and Wasp's yellow can buff Yondu's black
    • Grockeyondusa

Currently now my Yondu is at 4/5/4 with one yellow on the vine and his level is lower than most of my 3* so I was wondering if he is worth champing? If I champ him, he will tank most colour but his threshold for blue will be better. (Out of all the team mentioned, only my Vulture is champed)

• hopper1979
    He has a true heal it does not matter if he tanks as long as he survives, next match mix up team so he is not tanking as much max his yellow and make a match 4 by the end of the countdown he is almost back to full health.  Having said that I like using him with Vulture to get his blue going asap and than a 5 that he and Vulture can hide behind, OML works well for this.  If you only have 4's I think Nico is a good match now you have two true healers who can rotate tanking then just make sure you bring a good green or red damage dealer.