Spider-Man (Infinity War) *Updated (5/30/18)

Comments

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Miles Morales can in fact be partnered up with Spider-Man (Infinity War) on the same team.

And so begins the age of battery-Miles.

• mega ghost
    edited May 2018
    Brigby said:

Unless I had the worst luck ever, and it just never targeted a Web tile (highly unlikely since over 80% of the board was Web tiles at that point), then it looks like his green ability does not fortify Web tiles.

OH! I just realized something. If the board is covered in web tiles and his green won't target them, then that goes a long way in removing the randomness of his green, i.e. you will force it to land on your specials, assuming they got there before the web tiles did. That makes his green a bit better.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Wasn't drax already used in a shield training before?
  • mega ghost
    edited May 2018
    So I'm thinking Iron Spider, Miles, and a blue/black user, namely Gamora.

Iron Spider at 5/3/5.
    -Make sure he tanks and his blue passive will pump out web tiles while he stays in front and absorbs all match damage, resisting as much as 100% of it.

Miles at 5/5/3.
    -His yellow passive is the crux of it, where at 5 covers any time a web tile is matched (even by the enemy, I believe) you get 1 purple, 1 blue, and 1 red AP. A board loaded with web tiles could potentially get you 3+ AP in each color every turn.
    -His purple is now viable as it's fed by his yellow, and its damage will also be ramped up by the web tiles on the board. It's now a second nuke in addition to Iron Spider's red (which is also fed by Miles' yellow.)

Gamora at 3/5/5.
    -The web tiles feed her blue, you could use it so frequently that you can keep the enemy team stun-locked while filling up the purple tiles with specials. You may even get the Deadliest Woman passive to fire! Unless web tiles don't count as friendly when on purple, which would mean you'd never get her passive to work. Still, the stun is enough.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    This might be the first time I get to complete Shield Training. Just need one more cover for my 4/3/2 Drax and I've got them all at 209 or above!

I can also see Iron Spidey working well alongside a 5/5/3 C4ge, maybe with Medusa rounding out the trio.
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Sorry, @Brigby , another question - I think there may be another mistake, or, at the very least, there's something confusing.

SHIELD Training rewards tokens to Deadpool vs. MPQ.  Okay, that's weird - DP vs. MPQ won't even start for a few days after SHIELD Training does.  And then Deadpool vs. MPQ rewards tokens to the Spider-Man & Friends Vault - not to Deadpool vs. MPQ.

I *think* it should say that the SHIELD Training rewards tokens to the Spider-Man & Friends Vault too - is that right?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    @mega ghost

Iron Spidey's passive reduces damage from only enemy power, not match damage. So, you can forget about him soaking match damage, unless the description changed.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    mbaren said:
    Sorry, @Brigby , another question - I think there may be another mistake, or, at the very least, there's something confusing.

SHIELD Training rewards tokens to Deadpool vs. MPQ.  Okay, that's weird - DP vs. MPQ won't even start for a few days after SHIELD Training does.  And then Deadpool vs. MPQ rewards tokens to the Spider-Man & Friends Vault - not to Deadpool vs. MPQ.

I *think* it should say that the SHIELD Training rewards tokens to the Spider-Man & Friends Vault too - is that right?

Actually it would reward us with Sinister Six tokens. Shield Training has always rewarded tokens for the release event
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    @mega ghost

Iron Spidey's passive reduces damage from only enemy power, not match damage. So, you can forget about him soaking match damage, unless the description changed.
    Which means Grocket/Medusa/Gamora >>> Spiderverse as they will melt the face of Parker with strikes before he can ramp up. 

Honestly the perfect partner for Spidey is Shuri... if they didn’t have the exact same color configuration, in the exact same order, with the exact same color (blue) being passive for both. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

Unless I had the worst luck ever, and it just never targeted a Web tile (highly unlikely since over 80% of the board was Web tiles at that point), then it looks like his green ability does not fortify Web tiles.

OH! I just realized something. If the board is covered in web tiles and his green won't target them, then that goes a long way in removing the randomness of his green, i.e. you will force it to land on your specials, assuming they got there before the web tiles did. That makes his green a bit better.
    That doesn't automatically follow: it might target the web tiles but just convert them from web tiles to web tiles (since they are neither enemy or friendly special tiles).

I guess a related question is what his green power does to charged tiles: does it remove their charged status and convert them to a web tile?  What about "neutral" hazard tiles?
  • Rogue4Lyfe
    Rogue4Lyfe Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    A really good character for me since I can handle Web tiles well.
    Thinking 4/4/5
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boss battle when the kid is away with his scout troop... Nice, lots of free time this weekend!
  • mega ghost
    edited May 2018
    @mega ghost

Which means Grocket/Medusa/Gamora >>> Spiderverse as they will melt the face of Parker with strikes before he can ramp up. 

Honestly the perfect partner for Spidey is Shuri... if they didn’t have the exact same color configuration, in the exact same order, with the exact same color (blue) being passive for both. 

Ah, it's more likely that I just didn't catch that distinction when I first read it. I guess we'll need some clarification as to what is included in "enemy powers" then. Certainly not straight match damage then, but what about damage caused by passive powers? What about a power like America Chavez's 'Punch Everyone' where match damage is increased by a % for each AP she has in that color?
  • mega ghost
    jamesh said:
    Brigby said:

That doesn't automatically follow: it might target the web tiles but just convert them from web tiles to web tiles (since they are neither enemy or friendly special tiles).

I guess a related question is what his green power does to charged tiles: does it remove their charged status and convert them to a web tile?  What about "neutral" hazard tiles?
    True! Although is there any precedent for that? Certainly worth clarifying though, as with your other questions.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    I really wish this were true. That the next new release wasn’t until 5/29/2019. 

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sinister Six + new Spidey in progression rewards = very nice! The cherry on the top would be if they managed to include a boss Kraven also but that is just wishful thinking.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why do we have to wait a year for all of this?

[Thread title: Spider-Man (Infinity War) (5/29/19)]

• Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Thank you for making the new release 4* a progression reward for the Boss event. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards

Spider-Man & Friends
    • Starts: Sun, June 3, 7:00am EDT
    • Ends: Tue, June 12, 2:00am EDT
    • 80 item Vault
      • 1 Legendary Token
      • 3 Beginner Support tokens
      • 1 random Spider-Man (Infinity War) cover
      • 2 random 4-Star from the Call for Backup missions, with an option of the following characters:
        • Lockjaw (Royal Bulldog)
        • Nova (Sam Alexander)
        • Drax (The Destroyer)
      • 21 3-Stars
        • 3 Featured
        • 18 Random
      • 52 2-Stars
        • 10 Featured
        • 42 Random

I’m deeply, deeply disappointed the vault isn’t called “Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends”.
    It's also a shame Iceman wasn't a features 4* for this, for several reasons.