Spider-Man (Infinity War) *Updated (5/30/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited June 2018 in MPQ Character Discussion
Hi Everyone,

"Armed with a new Stark Tech suit, the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man will have to use his wit, strength, and Spider-sense to help the other heroes stop Thanos from enacting his master plan to collect all the Infinity Stones."

Check out the brand new 4-Star Spider-Man (Infinity War), and find out how you can recruit him onto your team!

4-Star Rarity (Legendary)
Heroes, Spider-Verse, Avengers, Team Iron Man
bluetilepng greentilepng 
(Abilities listed at level 270, Power Level 5)
Quick Reflexes - bluetilepng Passive
Spider-Man's Spider-sense lets him anticipate danger and react accordingly. Whenever Spider-Man makes a match, create 2 Web tiles. Enemy powers deal 12% less damage to Spider-Man for each Web tile on the board. Whenever Spider-Man takes damage from an enemy power, remove half of all Web tiles (rounded down).

Thwip, Thwip, Pow! - 7 greentilepng AP
Spider-Man swings through the air, lobbing a quick burst of web-shots into battle. His webs hit 8 random colored tiles, locking any enemy tiles, fortifying any friendly tiles, and converting the rest to Web tiles.

Proportional Punch - 10  AP
Spider-Man grabs his enemy with his cybernetic spider legs to deliver a blow with the proportional strength of a spider! Deals 2,704 damage plus 1,083 damage for every Blue, Green, or Red Web tile on the board, and 542 damage for every other Web tile.

Recruit Spider-Man!

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Heroes for Hire
  • Starts: Thu, May 31, 7:00am EDT
  • Ends: Thu, June 7, 7:00am EDT
  • Price: 7,000 Hero Points
  • Contents: 
    • Nova (Sam Alexander) - Red
    • Drax (The Destroyer) - Black
    • 16 Elite tokens
    • 6 Command Points
    • 20,000 Iso-8
Spider-Man & Friends
  • Starts: Sun, June 3, 7:00am EDT
  • Ends: Tue, June 12, 2:00am EDT
  • 80 item Vault
    • 1 Legendary Token
    • 3 Beginner Support tokens
    • 1 random Spider-Man (Infinity War) cover
    • 2 random 4-Star from the Call for Backup missions, with an option of the following characters:
      • Lockjaw (Royal Bulldog)
      • Nova (Sam Alexander)
      • Drax (The Destroyer)
    • 21 3-Stars
      • 3 Featured
      • 18 Random
    • 52 2-Stars
      • 10 Featured
      • 42 Random
Special Power Ups
  • Starts: Wed, May 30
  • Ends: Mon, June 11
  • Type: Spider-Man Damage
  • Earned as Progression rewards in S.H.I.E.L.D. Training and Deadpool vs MPQ *New Update*
  • Can be purchased with Hero Points in the Boosts screen before entering a battle
  • Each stack adds 20& damage

Event Schedule

Spider-Man vs Sinister Six
  • Starts: Thu, May 31, 12:00pm EDT
  • Ends: Sun, June 3, 11:59pm EDT
  • Spider-Man (Infinity War) in Progression rewards
S.H.I.E.L.D. Training
  • Starts: Thu, May 31, 12:00pm EDT *New Update*
  • Ends: Thu, June 7, 12:00pm EDT *New Update*
  • Rewards tokens to Deadpool vs MPQ, random cover of Spider-Man (Infinity War), and more
Deadpool vs MPQ
  • Starts: Sun, June 3, 7:00am EDT
  • Ends: Fri, June 8, 2:00am EDT
  • Spider-Man (Infinity War) as a Progression reward
  • Rewards tokens to the Spider-Man & Friends vault
Made Up Name
  • Starts: Sun, June 3, 8:00am EDT
  • Ends: Wed, June 6, 3:00pm EDT
  • Spider-Man (Infinity War) as a Progression reward
  • Rewards tokens to the Spider-Man & Friends vault

Comments

• mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    • Starts: Thu, May 31, 12:00am EDT
    Can you confirm the start/end times on Spider-Man vs Sinister 6?  That's... unusual.  Usually boss events start at 12pm EDT, don't they?
  • Brigby
    mbaren said:
    • Starts: Thu, May 31, 12:00am EDT
    Can you confirm the start/end times on Spider-Man vs Sinister 6?  That's... unusual.  Usually boss events start at 12pm EDT, don't they?
    That is in fact a typo. I've gone ahead and corrected it. Sorry about that!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yay 4* Spider-Man! Been asking for a 4* Peter Parker since before his movie came out...

Totally excited to have the comic Iron Spider cover, and the MCU Iron Spider at the same time.

Powerset looks fun.

Weird that the devs established a pattern of "2 oldest Classics and 1 oldest Latest" for Shield Training, then for Black Widow and Spider-Man went out of their way to change it and make sure neither Miles nor Spider-Gwen were featured for Pete's Shield Training (instead of giving us the obvious web-tile combo which would have been more fun).

Glad to see Sinister Six, only boss event that hasn't been run since they decided to make boss events more regular, looking forward to see how my roster handles it this time around.

And I appreciate the devs sticking to their guns and following up all this awesome good fun stuff by running Deadpool vs MPQ immediately after a boss. Nothing takes the joy out of an awesome character and guaranteed covers like a week of events (first the boss, then DPvsMPQ) that don't give enough ISO-8. Can't let us get too much enjoyment all at once, right?
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    As written, there is no upper cap on how many web tiles will effect the Blue Passive. if you had 9 of them would it reduce power damage to 1 point (or no damage) and the trade-off would be that you lose more of them when the enemy power resolves?

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    • Earned as Progression rewards in S.H.I.E.L.D. Training and Enemy of the State
    Oh hey, Enemy of the State incoming after DPvsMPQ, that's nice. Not "makes up for the lack of ISO in boss events and DPvsMPQ" nice, but nice.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    The PVP cover art really does look sharp!  Great choice for a cover
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    Ok the most important question is can he be played with miles... If so 4 land might have a new champ

Miles, peter, gwen
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    • Earned as Progression rewards in S.H.I.E.L.D. Training and Enemy of the State
    Oh hey, Enemy of the State incoming after DPvsMPQ, that's nice. Not "makes up for the lack of ISO in boss events and DPvsMPQ" nice, but nice.

A while ago they doubled the rewards for 48 hour sub events. The rewards are comparable now.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Um why does infinity war Spider-Man have a Civil War cover?
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    1) I'm really glad he's a 4*! And I like the cover, but having it be a Civil War cover for Infinity War Spider-Man is a bit confusing.
    2) His blue passive (Quick Reflexes) sounds like it's going to be amazing defensively (and a huge pain if he's on the enemy team) if he's tanking. 8 web tiles for 96% damage reduction. That's 4 matches. I guess the way around this is to bring a character with a really cheap attack (Cloak & Dagger, for example) that can be stored up and spammed to clear the web tiles before a finishing blow is delivered.
    3) His blue is obviously also a boon for other Spider-Verse characters that benefit from web tiles, although Spider-Gwen's red is the power that uses them and would overlap with his red, so you'd never bring her to experience this benefit. This could, however, make Miles Morales useful as his yellow passive at 5 covers would turn him into a battery with a board flooded with web tiles: "When a match that includes a Web tile is made, gain 1 Purple, Blue, and Red AP." 
    4) His green seems pretty pointless and the power we'll want at 3 covers. It's random so it's lock / fortify function won't reliably be useful unless you're playing a board covered in special tiles, but even then it's not great. At best, it looks like it will help boost his red nuke when he's not tanking any colors and the board isn't littered with specials. But with that in mind, the cost should really be lower, like 5AP. At 7AP I'd like to at least see it do a stun.
    5) His red seems like a powerful nuke that will let him punch way above his weight. Potential new boss-killer.
    6) 5/3/5 for sure. I'd have to see his health and numbers to give a final opinion. I'd be fine with him being low-mid HP if his match numbers were high to ensure he tanks and puts out web tiles. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    He looks great with 4* BP and Spider-Gwen, if Miles Morales is not allowed to be on the same team. Otherwise, there would be tons of web tiles and team healing going on in SMIW/MM/SG. Cherry Bomb at 6 AP is almost a given.

It is indeed weird that the cover for SMIW is Civil War's.
  • mega ghost
    And maybe I'm just doing a bad job of reading through the info, but can anyone confirm that his S.H.I.E.L.D. Training required characters will be: 
    • Nova (Sam Alexander)
    • Drax (The Destroyer)
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh man, too bad they nerfed 1* Venom. His old black ability used to auto-down a character if there was enough web tiles on the board. It would have been hilarious to see him on 4* teams.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,242 Chairperson of the Boards
    Iron Spider in the comics was basically only used during the Civil War storyline.  He was team Stark and he got the costume then.  So it makes sense that the comic cover says Civil War on it.
  • mega ghost
    edited May 2018
    bluewolf said:
    Iron Spider in the comics was basically only used during the Civil War storyline.  He was team Stark and he got the costume then.  So it makes sense that the comic cover says Civil War on it.
    Oh, absolutely, and it was the best cover to use art-wise, it's just jarring to have him named (Infinity War) in conjunction with it, especially since there's a (Civil War) nomenclature in the game that also employs other Civil War covers. EDIT: I am mistaken, they only applied (Civil War) to 5* Black Panther, who does not use a Civil War cover, and not to Cap and Iron Man, who do use Civil War covers.

My new opinion is that it was already confusing, so who cares, I guess.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,242 Chairperson of the Boards
    And maybe I'm just doing a bad job of reading through the info, but can anyone confirm that his S.H.I.E.L.D. Training required characters will be: 
    • Nova (Sam Alexander)
    • Drax (The Destroyer)

These are the three characters based on the rewards list for the “and Friends” vault, which always gives the chance to pull covers for the essentials for ST.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby

Does Spidey's green fortify web tiles? Web tiles aren't friendly, they're neutral but can be fortified. Spidergwen can create fortified web tiles
  • mega ghost
    @Brigby

Does Spidey's green fortify web tiles? Web tiles aren't friendly, they're neutral but can be fortified. Spidergwen can create fortified web tiles
    I hope not, that would reduce his green ability's value even further. If they're neutral though, I'd imagine not, as this fortifies friendly tiles and locks enemy special tiles. I did just realize that it specified "tiles" in general, which means countdowns are included. Still, it's too random to be a reliable bonus, and at 3 covers I imagine it's only 6 random tiles at best.
  • Brigby
    Miles Morales can in fact be partnered up with Spider-Man (Infinity War) on the same team.

Unless I had the worst luck ever, and it just never targeted a Web tile (highly unlikely since over 80% of the board was Web tiles at that point), then it looks like his green ability does not fortify Web tiles.
  • dlegendary0ne
    dlegendary0ne Posts: 93 Match Maker
    I like this trend of boss events every other weekend.  Aside from the lack of ISO, not being tied down to the game as much is nice, especially since I work every other weekend and this falls on my weekends off :smile:

I hope this will continue for new releases.  Adjustments made for ISO rewards would be icing on the cake.