4* DDQ: Mr. Fantastic vs Dr. Doom

optimus2861
optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
My champ Reed, respec to 5/3/5, did the job, first try. I got black out there early and mostly whittled him down with the Imaginaut damage. Token to the hoard.

I did find my first real use of a support in this match. My 2* Vibranium Ore, which creates a protect tile on making a match-4 or match-5. The tile is weak, but who cares. Its purpose is to be a health pack if Doom matches it. It only happened twice I think, and I would've won without it (this time, anyway), but it still fit the match. So, first time for everything.

Comments

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    I fully expected this to be awful, because it always used to be. It wasn't - a few stuns and a bunch of imaginauts and Doom dissolved.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Last time this Crash came around I had Mr. F at 0/0/5, level 147. I eventually managed to win that time, so now, with Reed at 3/2/5, still at level 147 I knew it would be possible. Wiped the first time and since I'm hoarding I had some Iso in the bank. Splurged a part and got Reed to 209, his softcap.
    After that, between stun locking and Imaginaut, the not so good doctor never stood a chance.
    LT to the hoard, now at 93 pulls (LT+CP).
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    When the board dropped, there was purple everywhere. Imagine that. But there was also a lot of blue. Hardly any black. But my Reed is champed and was ready for the long cold war.

Doom matched purple. I matched blue. Every time I stunned him I tried to squeeze what little black was on the board with Reed's tile swapping. At one point Doom managed to get his purple off and take out half of Reed's health in one shot, but I finally got enough black to get off an Imaginat and finish things decisively.

151st LT to the hoard.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    This was shocking. I went in with a Level 152 4/2/4 Mr. Fantastic expecting to never complete it. I did it first time and honestly didn't take nearly as much damage as I thought. If you're having second thoughts about trying this just because you're afraid of the matchup, I strongly suggest giving it another try or two.

• rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    What a strange strange match for my lv 275 5/3/5 Mr. Fantastic.  Blue was virtually non-existant much of the fight, probably took me about 15 turns before I even got 1 blue.  I couldn't figure out how to get any black matches either so I thought well, he'll just wear me out while I try and get my colors.  Well Reed held on long enough for me to place a black cd tile and FINALLY get some blue.  I was able to place 2 of the fortified protect tiles AND line up a match 5 AND set up a 2-yellow match cascade to finally finish off evil Dr.

LT gave me a champed Nico bringing her to level 273
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Was the first time I tried this Crash with Mr. Fantastic. Only had a level 135 Reed with 4/3/5 but no ISO to spend. As I have always too much HP I bought the HfH-offer to get the 5th blue. Went into the fight with +2 Blue und +2 all colours and 100% all colour match damage.
    Was a suprisingly easy match. The board started fantastic with a blue 5-match. Then a few stuns later and Imaginaut-tile always on board I wore Victor down. LT to the hoard.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    LVL 285 Mr F, and still barely won.  Doom is a monster.  Mr F started with 14,885 health, and ended with about 700 and a couple of demon tiles on the board.  The shield tiles from Flexibility are what won the game.

LT gave me a champ level for Lockjaw.  :/
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I only recently champed Mr. F, and haven't had much experience playing him, so I wiped on my first attempt with my level 271 version: Doom managed to fire his purple with many trap tiles and took off almost all my health.

Second attempt went a lot better: I prioritised blue and tried to deny purple, and got him stunned earlier, using the tile swap to get enough black to fire Imaginaut.  I managed to stun Doom a few more times and wore him down with red/green/yellow matches.  He still managed to fire his purple once, but he had far less trap tiles on the board this time so it wasn't a problem.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Glad I read this thread as it inspired me to give it a go. Leveled up Mr F to 168 and got through on try #3. It was actually pretty funny as by the end of the match I had the whole bottom row set up with fortified protect tiles 😂 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Second try, 5/4/1 Lvl 172. First try was close, Doom just got too much purple and pulled off a second Diabolical Plot right before I had him. Second try was also close, but he didn't have as many Traps ready and I had more Protects out when he fired his purple for the second time, and was able to hang on and take him out with another Imaginaut cascade.

Token waiting for Okoye.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3 L276
    First time I've struggled with a CoT in a while, especially with a champed character.
    I debated respecing, but decided the healing was probably more valuable.
    Lost twice, finally one after I brought my own blue and black to help with the consistently bad boards I was getting.

+1 to hoard.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    No joy for me in this Crash.  My Reed is a 3/1/2 level 131.  Even with boosts and a Vintage Shield, Doom just made mincemeat out of me each time I've tried.  Better luck Saturday, I think!
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've never beaten this crash before, but I think I might have a chance - My Mr. Fantastic is now 3/2/4, level 188. I've lost twice, but I managed to get Doom down below 5,000 health on the second attempt. Still, I am having terrible luck with black - Doom managed to cast Summon Demons THREE TIMES in each of my attempts so far. I deny a black match-3, a black match-five drops in for ol' Doomy Pants. You know how that song and dance goes. I'll give it another few tries tomorrow.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    After wiping out the first Crash, I leveled up my 1/3/5 Mr F, to 140 and boosted it so that when I chased black and blue, it would easily chisel away the health of Dr Doom.

To the hoard.
  • BigSoftieFF
    PuceMoose said:
    I've never beaten this crash before, but I think I might have a chance - My Mr. Fantastic is now 3/2/4, level 188. I've lost twice, but I managed to get Doom down below 5,000 health on the second attempt. Still, I am having terrible luck with black - Doom managed to cast Summon Demons THREE TIMES in each of my attempts so far. I deny a black match-3, a black match-five drops in for ol' Doomy Pants. You know how that song and dance goes. I'll give it another few tries tomorrow.
    You will get it. Keep plugging away.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    PuceMoose said:

Ah ha, I did indeed get it! My fifth try was the winner. I went in with +2 all APs and +60% match damage. I found that targeting low-on-the-board purple with my blue power helped - not only was I gaining valuable defense, but I was also disarming his nasty purple traps. By the time I had four fortified protect tiles out, the three summoned demons I couldn't reach weren't having much effect. I finally took him down with Imaginaut.

I was a bit shocked, as I accurately guessed the cover the token would give me. I turned to my cat and said "Well Mango, what do think is going to pop out of this token?" *Meow* "A blue Lockjaw, you say? I bet you're right". Lo and behold, blue Lockjaw!! I'm going to have to give that pussercat some extra treats tonight.

• BigSoftieFF
    PuceMoose said:
    PuceMoose said:

Ah ha, I did indeed get it! My fifth try was the winner. I went in with +2 all APs and +60% match damage. I found that targeting low-on-the-board purple with my blue power helped - not only was I gaining valuable defense, but I was also disarming his nasty purple traps. By the time I had four fortified protect tiles out, the three summoned demons I couldn't reach weren't having much effect. I finally took him down with Imaginaut.

I was a bit shocked, as I accurately guessed the cover the token would give me. I turned to my cat and said "Well Mango, what do think is going to pop out of this token?" *Meow* "A blue Lockjaw, you say? I bet you're right". Lo and behold, blue Lockjaw!! I'm going to have to give that pussercat some extra treats tonight.

Nice!! I knew you’d smack him down. 👍🏻👍🏻