MPQ Sneak Peek: May 2018 Edition *Updated (5/30/18)

Options

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @brigby, 3-star reward for Angel is Scarlet Witch, but next PVP is Doc Ock? Soemthing get skipped in the code?
    Eight is Enough is the weekend event, so it looks like they forgot to include the event between Avenging Angel and Eight is Enough. Odds are good it is Red Shift... But we will see.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    @brigby, 3-star reward for Angel is Scarlet Witch, but next PVP is Doc Ock? Soemthing get skipped in the code?
    Eight is Enough is the weekend event, so it looks like they forgot to include the event between Avenging Angel and Eight is Enough. Odds are good it is Red Shift... But we will see.

The preview is up, it's Red Shift

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looking at past records of new Story Events and Boss Events, we have:

In 2016
    1) Webbed Wonder (story event): April 
    2) Civil War (boss event) : May
    3) Boss Rush (boss event): October
    4) Strange Sights (story event): November
    5) The Crash of the Mad Titan (story event): December

In 2017:
    1) Come and Get Me (boss event): April 
    2) Spiderman vs Sinister Six (boss event): July
    3) System Reboot (story event): August
    4) S.H.I.E.L.D Training: September
    5) The X-Men vs Apocalypse (boss event): October
    6) 12 Days of Marvel: December

In 2018:
    1) Fight for Wakanda: February

It seems that most of the new events are introduced in the 2nd half of the year. If this is a trend, there would be 3 to 5 more new events this year.

I think the devs mentioned that they will break the cycle once in a while.
    Honor Among Thieves was also introduced relatively early in 2017.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    GrimSkald said:
    Quebbster said:

The preview is up, it's Red Shift

Woops! I really dropped the ball on that one. Sorry about that.

I added the details of Red Shift onto the Sneak Peak thread for due diligence, but my apologies for missing that one.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, what are the chances we'll have Webbed Wonder in a week's time for the next character release?
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    waywreth said:
    Meet Rocket and Groot is the 4 day version.
    Is that for sure? 

If so, which sub is the 48 hour one?

Any comment, @Brigby?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    waywreth said:
    Is that for sure? 

Any comment, @Brigby?
    It's always the second one (for Meet Rocket & Groot).

Older events (MR&G, The Hunt, etc) have the second sub event as the 48-hour sub when the event is run as a 4-day.

Newer events (Hearts of Darkness, Webbed Wonder) have the first sub event as the 48-hour sub when the event is run as a 4-day.

Not quite a comprehensive list, but that's the rule of thumb (and they've never done anything screwy like change which one is 48-hour).
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    waywreth said:
    Is that for sure? 

Any comment, @Brigby?
    If you go to the preview, and start the sign up, you’ll see that the end day is Monday for slice 1, which means it’s a four day event. The four day version has a 48 hour in the second sub.  
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options

bluewolf said:
    waywreth said:
    Is that for sure? 

Any comment, @Brigby?
    If you go to the preview, and start the sign up, you’ll see that the end day is Monday for slice 1, which means it’s a four day event. The four day version has a 48 hour in the second sub.  
    AHA, thanks!

It is generally true that the middle sub has the 48 hour, I do recall at least one time where they made it the first one.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Cool to have a nice easy Saturday clear for the holiday weekend.
  • Quebbster
    Options

bluewolf said:
    waywreth said:
    Is that for sure? 

Any comment, @Brigby?
    AHA, thanks!

It is generally true that the middle sub has the 48 hour, I do recall at least one time where they made it the first one.

Are you perhaps thinking of Honor Among Thieves? That one does have the first sub at 48 hours, and it also features Rocket and Groot heavily...
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(5/25/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for the early update, I hope everyone can enjoy a day off on Monday!
  • Tensuun
    Tensuun Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    Excited for whatever's after Webbed Wonder to yield a green cover for Red Hulk (5/0/4) from progression. It's the only 4* cover I have zero of (other than Widow's Lights Out, which will still be in Latests for a good while).
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes Jessica Jones! The perfect reason for me to go ahead and champ JJ
    Annoying for those of us waiting for Okoye to replace GRRR in Latests, though. Would've been nice if they waited for a week or two.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    @Brigby- is Peggy Carter supposed to be rewarded in PvP again when she had her special PvP (and associated rewards) earlier this season? Not that I mind, but I sort of assumed she would be skipped now.

Regarding Jessica as essential, she was due. Then it's LumberCap for the new release. Robbie should get a turn just as he is about to exit Latest Legends, but I suppose they could go with Okoye instead.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby Are we ever going to get a week long event again? It's been too long. Thnx
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Im glad we havent had a weeklong in a while actually harder to commit to 7 days prefer 3/4
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I for one miss week long events. This way is just making events repeat too soon. It makes things feel more grindy than they already are. I do miss the 7-Day Enemy Of The State Event. I love that event. So many tokens awarded.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Arix90 said:
    Im glad we havent had a weeklong in a while actually harder to commit to 7 days prefer 3/4
    Its the same thing as a 3 day and 4 day one. So it's like 2 events in one. It's the same commitment. If you play all the PVE events like most people do then it's not that different. I just like variety. I also like the rewards for them. You can't please everyone.