Saheeli Rai and Artifacts

Knifelehim
Knifelehim Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
Now that Artifacts are in the game and Constructs (and Vehicles) are nearly non-existent in Standard, can we have Saheeli Rai's abilities changed to affect Artifact Creatures? Maybe have her final Ability (Invent) apply to Legendary Artifact Creatures? Other than using her first ability to pump out tokens, she's essentially useless at this point.

Comments

• Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    And it would be awesome if Arlinn’s abilities affected humans, wolves, and werewolves!
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    yeah a few tweaks could make obsolete planeswalkers actually usable again
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would not call Saheeli obsolete.  Not at all.  I almost never use her abilities anyway and she's still super powerful

And it would be awesome if Arlinn’s abilities affected humans, wolves, and werewolves!
    That's been discussed on and off since she came out, and the biggest issue is that there are just a TON of humans, which thematically and power-levelly would cause issues.  Really all she needs is to be able to transform without a werewolf on the field.  Then she'll be solid.
    Now that Artifacts are in the game and Constructs (and Vehicles) are nearly non-existent in Standard, can we have Saheeli Rai's abilities changed to affect Artifact Creatures? Maybe have her final Ability (Invent) apply to Legendary Artifact Creatures?
    I like this idea.  Probably won't happen, but I like it.  Still works thematically with her character and would not be overpowered at all. 
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    or they could release jaya which seems to be the replacement for her
  • FindingHeart8
    edited May 2018
    Mburn7 said:
    I would not call Saheeli obsolete.  Not at all.  I almost never use her abilities anyway and she's still super powerful

Sorry miscommunication.  I was thinking Arlinn when I posted this.  Honorable mention would be Innistrad's Lily2 (though she hasn't been listed in this conversation yet)

I agree that Saheeli (with her mana gains, and there still being a few vehicles/constructs out there) is still pretty spiffy

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    For so - called useless walkers there is a one size fits all solution, handed out to nearly every active player..
    Immortal sun. It made Huatli 1 so much better!
  • Quantius
    Quantius Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    At the very least they need to update mana bonuses of old PW's. Jace1 is all kinds of sad with +1 w / +3 u / +1 b / 0 / 0. I mean . . . he's a mono color walker. J3 even has +2w / +3u / +2b / +1r / +1g
  • ard021
    ard021 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Quantius said:
    At the very least they need to update mana bonuses of old PW's. Jace1 is all kinds of sad with +1 w / +3 u / +1 b / 0 / 0. I mean . . . he's a mono color walker. J3 even has +2w / +3u / +2b / +1r / +1g

The starter walkers aren't meant to be viable for long. They're meant to provide a way to ramp into the game and to have some way to tackle 5-color nodes/5-color challenges in story, but there's a reason they cost 1/6th of what a regular 1-color PW costs.
  • FindingHeart8
    ard021 said:
    Quantius said:

The starter walkers aren't meant to be viable for long. They're meant to provide a way to ramp into the game and to have some way to tackle 5-color nodes/5-color challenges in story, but there's a reason they cost 1/6th of what a regular 1-color PW costs.
    *grabs cane and wobbles over*

back in myyyyy day they were 10 crystals a piece.  lol

still would be nice to see them buffed a bit though, perhaps not enough to be on-par with the new walkers...but enough to where you might occasionally find it fun to play past your beginner times.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    i still use my gideon best white i have with best abilities, mana gain ehh sucks but a decent first striker is turned in a really good defender against mote creatures
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    ard021 said:
    Quantius said:

Lilli 1 would like to have a word with you...

She is a beast with the correct cards, even in standard.  In fact, she probably got buffed with the new Dominiria cards!  Just play to cheat things out of your graveyard, your opponent's graveyard, or even your opponent's deck.  Dreamstealer is also still in standard, which makes Lilli 1 that much more dangerous.
  • Blazer
    Blazer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Naru Meha, Imminent doom, and Sirens ruse! Auto-Win, going to use Saheeli A-lot!
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Blazer said:
    Naru Meha, Imminent doom, and Sirens ruse! Auto-Win, going to use Saheeli A-lot!
    Unfortunately everybody that faces your deck is a risk of be stuck in an infinite loop.  The AI will play the creatures then if it gets Ruse before it gets ID you are stuck forever.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Playing an alt and levelling again the _biggest_ problem is that they don't get +3 mana in their main colour until level 58. But many beginners never manage to level them that high to start.

That one particular bonus should be earlier on. +4 at level 58 would be a nice tiny boost for them now, but they need +3 about level 35ish.
  • Quantius
    Quantius Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    ard021 said:
    Quantius said:

If that's the case, then they should come with warning text that they're not meant to be used after you get a "real" PW. Although I can't remember at this point, I'm pretty sure that J1 cost the same to level as J3 which is about 80k runes.
  • Enygma6
    Enygma6 Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    All mono-color PWs cost the same amount of runes (~80k-ish) to level to 60, whether they are the OG 5, or are one of the newer releases.