Flusterstorm Card Text Discrepancy [Investigating]

System
System Posts: 1,024 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2018 in MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues
This discussion was created from comments split from: 2.5 Release Notes (3/13/18).

Comments

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby Flusterstorm card text does not reflect the changes in the release notes
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @jtwood Thanks for the heads up! I'll pass that along to the team to investigate.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    In spanish we also have the old text.
  • jtwood
    Bumping this as the text is still wrong 
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    @Brigby Flusterstorm card text does not reflect in version 2.6 the changes posted in the release notes of 2.5 version, unless in Spanish.
  • jtwood
    @Brigby bumping this. It would be great to get official card text in-game, because the release notes were scant on details regarding the new card behavior, and deciphering what it's actually doing now during gameplay isn't the easiest to do
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hmm I see. Thanks for the heads up! I'll ping the team again on the status of this bug.
  • jtwood
    edited May 2018
    @Brigby Even though the latest release notes indicated that there would be corrections to Flusterstorm, the card text has not been changed. Are you able to post a developer's description of what the card does (or is supposed to do) now that 2.7/DOM is live?

The last release notes from 2.5 and 2.7 have said this about Flusterstorm:

• The Support Card, Flusterstorm, now drains the correct amount of Mana.
    • Initial shield changed to 6.
    • Now always drains 4 mana each turn.

What is this card supposed to do?!? :wink:

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor

I just tried Flusterstorm in an ID loop deck, but it seems to only drain 2 mana from every card in my opponent's hand even when I play like 5 or 6 spells in my last turn.

@Brigby: Can you please answer @jtwood 's question? I agree that Flusterstorm has become more playable, but it doesn't do what it should do based on the tekst (and making it a real masterpiece!).

• jtwood
    Bumpity bump 😄
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2018
    Bumping this up again.

Just pulled it the other day from the current round of Elite Packs. After thorough testing, it does one of three things that I can tell.

1. It triggers at the end of the opponent's turn, but with no actual effect.

2. It triggers at the end of the opponent's turn, but only drains two mana from them, no matter how many cards you have cast.

3. This is my top theory: If there is a card in Greg's hand that doesn't have any mana in it, then there is no drain effect to occur for that given card. This means you only get mana (in increments of 2, so a maximum of 12) from cards that have accumulated it somehow. So if Greg's hand has a full 6 cards, and only the first card has any accumulated mana, then you only get 2 mana at the end of his turn.

If number three is actually the case, then this is a pretty wimpy and pathetic excuse for a Masterpiece. If it's going to be even a little bit useful, then in addition to the drain effect, you should also gain 2 mana per card in the opponent's hand, regardless of whether or not those cards have mana on them.
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,077 Chairperson of the Boards
    Flusterstorm

These were the balancing changes that they supposedly did to the card with 2.5 update. I take it to mean that it should drain 4 Mana from each card in Greg's hand regardless of the number of cards you cast. But they never updated the text on card to match it and since you cant see how much Mana is drained you don't really know if it's working according to those changes.
  • jtwood
    khurram said:
    Flusterstorm

These were the balancing changes that they supposedly did to the card with 2.5 update. I take it to mean that it should drain 4 Mana from each card in Greg's hand regardless of the number of cards you cast. But they never updated the text on card to match it and since you cant see how much Mana is drained you don't really know if it's working according to those changes.
    Much like the number of licks required to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop, we will never actually know what the correct text is for this card. :blush:
  • Matthew
    I'm glad to see this was updated with the [investigating] tag. Thank you for not just ignoring it! Masterpieces should be awesome and fun to play with! They should not feel like a waste of the jewels it took to obtain them!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Still hoping i never pull this card. Lol
  • Matthew
    There are multiple threads about this. Is it being addressed in 3.1? I don't see it in the pre-patch notes, so I'm worried it's getting lumped into the "changed some text issues" catch-all at the end. This card is completely unplayable in its current form and functionality. Please give it some love!
  • Matthew
    Bumping this again, with a new observation.

First off, the card is still not functioning properly, according to what the text actually says should happen. At the end of your opponent's turn, they only lose 2 mana from any cards in their hand that have accumulated mana, no matter how many cards you happened to cast during your previous turn.

This is not functioning the way it should, again according to what the card text actually says. If I cast 5 cards during my turn, then at the end of my opponent's turn, each individual card with mana in their hand should lose up to 10 mana. What is actually happening is that they only lose 2 (as stated just above).

Please find a fix for this card! It could be excellent, if only it functioned correctly! In it's current state, it's barely worth chasing the mastery points for it.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll inform the team that this card requires further review. Thanks!