C4ge VS. G4mora

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
What a drawn out fight! Every time she'd hurt him, his protect would be wiped immediately, so his yellow could not fire. Got of a red that took her down a few notches. Finally after being stunned three times, a red from her, his protect and three(!) yellow. Down she goes! LT was a black JJ who is now 3/1/4.

Comments

• Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Cage Level 168
    2/4/2 

If she does her red or black early, you're going to have a decent protect tile out early to keep you safe. Then it's just a matter of getting matches and grabbing every blue match you can because being stunned for half the match is terrible. Which in turn will make the match just go on forever.

Just be very very careful about how many purples are left on the board. Don't get insta-KO'd like I did the first time I did the fight.

Token into the horde until Okoye's available.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    qandols said:
    What a drawn out fight! Every time she'd hurt him, his protect would be wiped immediately, so his yellow could not fire. Got of a red that took her down a few notches. Finally after being stunned three times, a red from her, his protect and three(!) yellow. Down she goes! LT was a black JJ who is now 3/1/4.
    What level covers did you have on Cage?

Mine: 5/3/5 L308

For me the fight wasn't short, but it didn't feel drawn out.  Biggest pain was several Gamora stuns.  Got read filled and that one shotted her.

+1 to hoard.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

I Think my C4ge was set to 5/5/3 inadvertently. Turned out to be quite useful since he would remove Gamora's special tiles. Since the board was starved on Purple I was worried about Deadliest Woman going off, but 5 black bought me extra time.

Didn't even manage to collect the AP for his red, but a few casts of yellow did the trick.

• thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    5/5/3 277 C4ge. Not much of a problem, even with a black heavy board. Denied blue when there wasn't a red/yellow match. Hoarded AP until I managed to get one protect tile out and then let loose for the win.

Green RR gets all around coverage to 1/2/2 prior to him leaving latest. B)
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    5/5/1 lvl 200 got it in one try. Lucky me, I got a mostly yellow/purple board and I only got stunned once. Since my red is only at 1, that wasn't much help but I did manage to have 2 shields out and fired off my yellow twice to throw Gamora over the cliff and collect the soul sto... I mean LT.

LT was, ironically, a yellow C4ge, bringing him to 6/5/1  :#
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Extremely easy win for my lv 296 3/5/5 C4ge.  Just went after yellows and reds.  She fired off a Deadliest Woman, 2 turns later I hit her with a combo of Hero for Hire and Buncha-Fiddle Faddle and she was done.  I had over 17k health remaining.

LT gave me PunMax champ level bringing him to 284
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    My 5/3/5 lvl279 Cage stomped her in one try. I had enough Yellow for two H4Hs, but every time I got a protect tile she matched it away immediately, so no joy there. That being said, I was focusing on denying Red, so I built it up pretty quickly and fired BFF to knock her down to >1k (with me still <10k), so it went pretty quickly after that.

Token to the hoard until I can finish getting enough Iso to champ Mr. F and Gwenpool.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I forgot to re-spec, so it took a bit longer than I would have liked with my 5/5/3 C4ge. It was a good thing I had 5 covers in black, tho, saved me from an instakill. I basically just saved up AP and tried to deny blue (such a good thing she doesn't have that at 5 covers for this fight), and then once she fired her red and black without matching away my protects, a couple firings of my yellow and one of red ended the fight.

Token was a Yondu Champ level.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Got it first go with my 5/3/5 (but unchamped level 233) Cage. One Red and a couple of yellows and it was all over.

Reward was another champ level for Carol, and a bonus Valkyrie
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    2/1/3 140 Cage got her first go. Did boost red/yellow and was only stunned twice.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    270-something. I respecced to 5/3/5 of course, wanting the red as a nuke. First try, wasn't too painful. She did get her red off once or twice, and her black once, but only took me down to maybe half health when I got my red. Nailed her with a red-yellow one-two.

Token to hoard.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was an annoying fight. Blue was everywhere, of course, so you can imagine how my battle went. Thankfully my Cage is champed and there was no red in sight, so Gamora never got anything big off. I eventually whittled her down with Cage's yellow.

148th LT to the hoard.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whew, my 272 5/5/3 Cage got stomped horribly on my first try. There was so much blue and black on the board that I stayed stunned most of the time, and never had a chance to launch a single power before being taking down.

On my second attempt (and respeccing to 5/3/5) the board decided it would let some red and yellow to drop, and I finished her off handily with a fiddle faddle before she could start leaking special tiles all over the place. My reward was a champ level for Gamora (it always amuses me when I get a champ level for the character I just beat in a Crash battle.)