Is there any reason to roster Bagman, and I mean any?

heybub
heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
I just got a cover, and currently have my 144 roster slots filled.  I have no need for an additional 2*, and he's no good for my farm.  I'm just wondering if he is worth having at all, or is he like a Devil Dino?  I keep DD, but more as a trophy, so there is a reason to have him.  

Does anybody have them on their roster, if so, why?

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    He's basically just a trophy character, yeah. I have him because I've gotta catch 'em all, but that's pretty much the only real reason. He does have a PvP once a year at April Fool's, but enough people don't have him that it's possible to do fine with the loaner.

He does also have a LT instead of a HT as his final Champ reward, but that seems like a lot of work to go through for a single LT.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am pretty much free to play (spent maybe 20 bucks in three years?) and am by no means a whale. But I have two of him. My max-champed Baggy is a pretty cool trophy that I don’t want to sell so I actually invested the roster spot and iso to get a second one up and running. Currently Baggy 2 is at level 107. 

Bags to Riches PVP and the LT are the main selling points but I get super excited whenever I get that 2* drop and it’s a Bag-Man. Makes my day every time. It’s the little things like that which make this game fun. To me, collecting characters is the end goal. Obviously it’s a cycle and both of the following are true:

1) I win events to collect characters
    2) I collect characters to win events

If 1 resonates more with you, roster him. The end game is to collect characters and he’s a rare one!

If 2 resonates more with you, dump him. The end game is to win events and Bag-Man isn’t moving the needle even in his own event!
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I rostered and champed him just because I didn't like selling his covers. I never play lightning rounds, though, so it'll be ages before he hits max.

As far as practical reasons, not really. He's intentionally trash and just there for chuckles.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have gotten two Legendary tokens from Bagman so far. I believe the first gave me my very first Black Bolt cover.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bagman can befuddle your foes with a scathing snarky remark, or by pulling the ol' switcheroo!

He also excels at:
    1) Consuming vast quantities of AP for little-to-no benefit.
    2) Making your alliance mates question your sanity after you send them his team-ups.
    3) Trap caking.
    4) Sponging Thanos' Court Death damage on seed nodes.
  • heybub
    Ok, so it sounds like he is utterly useless, but there is a purporse to rostering him.  Completeness being one, and he does give champion rewards (LT when maxed).  So there is A reason...even if it is not overly compelling.

THX.  Many how do you champ this guy, I've gotten like 3 in 3.5yrs...
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Bagman is champed and level 119, but he was built in an era when Bagmen could be obtained in tokens. I suppose I get 3-4 covers a year out of Lightning Rounds (I don't play LRs very often) but Bagmen are handed out quite liberally around April Fools every year.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    If your 2* A team for DPD is Wolverine & OBW, Bags works great as a third. He'll almost always be below OBW's level so she keeps tanking for Espionage, and you can use his yellow to delay goon CDs. That's about it, except for the LT you get when you eventually max him.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    He's the only Fantastic Four-affliated character to have an active Purple.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    My Bagman is champed and level 119, but he was built in an era when Bagmen could be obtained in tokens. I suppose I get 3-4 covers a year out of Lightning Rounds (I don't play LRs very often) but Bagmen are handed out quite liberally around April Fools every year.
    Is it Bag-Men, or Bag-Mans? Bags-Man?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    heybub said:
    Ok, so it sounds like he is utterly useless, but there is a purporse to rostering him.  Completeness being one, and he does give champion rewards (LT when maxed).  So there is A reason...even if it is not overly compelling.

THX.  Many how do you champ this guy, I've gotten like 3 in 3.5yrs...
    I get on average 1 per month.  If you don't PvP much you'll probably never champ him as most come from PvP.

Mine is currently champed and L134.  Just 10 more till that sweet, sweet LT.  Then the harder question of do I roster a duplicate comes up...

NOTE: I started after Bag-man he was removed from tokens so that's 100% built on the current distro.  It's totally possible, you probably get more than you think.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Without him the secret levels aren't unlocked.
    How else are you supposed to get Dazzler... shhhh...
  • heybub
    Without him the secret levels aren't unlocked.
    How else are you supposed to get Dazzler... shhhh...
    No, you get Dazzler using the secret code: up up  down down left right left right b a b a start....oops, guess it is not much of a secret now...
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I'm working on my 3rd clone for him. Max champed 2 bagmans already for LTs. There is minimum practical use for him that hasn't been mentioned above. Personally, I use him for trapcaking or grilling, and for his champ rewards. He gets the most use for his annual event around April Fools Day where you can earn more bagman covers for progression rewards. 
  • Daredevil217
    I'm working on my 3rd clone for him. Max champed 2 bagmans already for LTs. There is minimum practical use for him that hasn't been mentioned above. Personally, I use him for trapcaking or grilling, and for his champ rewards. He gets the most use for his annual event around April Fools Day where you can earn more bagman covers for progression rewards. 
    You keep both the max-champs or sell them off?
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    My two star farm exists to just fuel the next generation. As soon as I max champ a 2*, I recycle into another 2* clone with 13 covers when available. Until then I'll hold onto the max champ unless I need to liquidate for ISO to feed a 3*, 4*, or 5* that has reached champable status.

I could see keeping max champs of 2*s for PVE essentials as a matter of convenience rather than necessity but a max champed Bagman is never(?) a PVE essential.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Gotta. Catch. Em. All.
  • Daredevil217
    My two star farm exists to just fuel the next generation. As soon as I max champ a 2*, I recycle into another 2* clone with 13 covers when available. Until then I'll hold onto the max champ unless I need to liquidate for ISO to feed a 3*, 4*, or 5* that has reached champable status.

I could see keeping max champs of 2*s for PVE essentials as a matter of convenience rather than necessity but a max champed Bagman is never(?) a PVE essential.
    For me, it's just the trophy aspect of a max-champed Bags on my roster.  Something to tool around with if I ever want to put together a troll team as well.  Plus, as you stated, if ever in dire need of iso I can sell him off later (though I likely never will).

Gotta. Catch. Em. All.
    Right.  And once you roster/champ him you never have to worry or think about what to do with additional covers you pull.  Even if it takes 5 years to get that LT, you are out a roster spot and some iso, which if you sell him after the LT, you make all of it back. Think in terms of the long game.   
  • Vold
    Vold Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    I like to collect em all, till I get em all, my *s will be Jugs & Yelena because of DDQ & she’s a limited character 

I got all ** & ***

my Bagman is short of two covers to champ him. :(
    sad I couldn’t get the right covers during his event.