Support: Royal Talon Fighter (5/21/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

The Royal Talon Fighter swoops into Marvel Puzzle Quest to assist your Heroes in battle!

General

• Royal Talon Fighter Support will be visible in the Support screen at 7am EDT on Tuesday, May 22nd
  • The Black Order Supports will be added to packs following tomorrow's (5/22) daily patch
  • New vault and store offerings will be made available at 12pm EDT later that day (See Below)

Supports: Talon Fighter Store

• Has all the contents of the Supports Store plus:
    • Vibranium Ore (Wakandan Secret)
    • The Dora Milaje (Protectors of the Throne)
    • Shuri's Lab (Maker Space)
    • Kimoyo Beads (Vibranium Communicator)
    • Ancestral Plane (Home of Panthers)
    • Royal Talon Fighter (Vibranium Aircraft)
  • Royal Talon Fighter is available at 4x odds
  • Has Beginner, Advanced, and Master packs
  • The odds to get a Rank 5 Support in the Master pack is roughly 1 in 27
  • Only visible if you have a token for it

Royal Talon Fighter Vault

• Start: Tuesday 5/22 at 12pm EDT
  • End: Thursday 5/24 at 12pm EDT
  • A 120 item vault
    • One Royal Talon Fighter: Master token
    • Five Royal Talon Fighter: Advanced tokens
    • Nine Royal Talon Fighter: Beginner tokens
    • One random 4-Star cover
    • Fourteen random 3-Star covers
    • One 300 Red Iso-8 item
    • Three 200 Red Iso-8 items
    • Three 150 Red Iso-8 items
    • Two 50 Red Iso-8 items
    • Three 25 Red Iso-8 items
    • Two 5,000 Iso-8 items
    • Five 1,500 Iso-8 items
    • Eight 1,000 Iso-8 items
    • Sixty-Three random 2-Star covers

Nick Fury Heroes for Hire Offer

• Available to all players
  • Available in the Heroes for Hire store
  • 4,800 Hero Points
  • Maximum 1 purchase
  • Contents:
    • 1,500 Red Iso-8
    • Two Royal Talon Fighter: Advanced tokens
    • Three Royal Talon Fighter: Beginner tokens
    • Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.) - Yellow Cover

Hulkbuster Heroes for Hire Offer

• Available to all players
  • Available in the Heroes for Hire store
  • 250 Command Points
  • Maximum 1 purchase
  • Contents:
    • 5,000 Red Iso-8
    • One Royal Talon Fighter: Master token
    • Three Royal Talon Fighter: Advanced tokens
    • Iron Man (Hulkbuster) - Blue Cover

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh boy looks like supports are gonna start replacing regular character releases! Maybe now I can catch up on some of the current 4s and 5s before they get vaulted rarely to be earned again. 
    Could you explain that Knievel-worthy leap in logic?
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good luck with that!  o:)
  • PolarPopBear
    PolarPopBear Posts: 76 Match Maker
    JHawkInc said:
    Oh boy looks like supports are gonna start replacing regular character releases! Maybe now I can catch up on some of the current 4s and 5s before they get vaulted rarely to be earned again. 
    I choose to believe that post was sarcasm directed at both the fact that no one cares about supports and that most people are at a severe iso debt
  • LeaveMyCookies
    LeaveMyCookies Posts: 62 Match Maker
    JHawkInc said:
    What is there to explain? If support releases replace 4* and 5* hero releases we will have more time to cover them before they rotate out of the latest. I feel a black hole forming from all this density

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there anyone even remotely excited about new supports?  I continue to honestly feel that the developers of the game have no real idea how or why we play it.  Supports were neat in theory but horrible in execution.  Yet they continue to offer them to us as if it was the greatest gift ever.

This reminds me of how much of a higher priority the AI feels Team Ups are than any person who has played the game even a little bit.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    From 300 to 280 to 120 item vaults!  They are listening you guys  :p
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    I’m so excited. I’m so zzzzzzzzzz
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    What is there to explain? If support releases replace 4* and 5* hero releases we will have more time to cover them before they rotate out of the latest. I feel a black hole forming from all this density

They have not skipped any new character releases. New supports are being released in addition to characters.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    From 300 to 280 to 120 item vaults!  They are listening you guys  :p
    Not really. 63/120 items are 2*'s. Again more than half the Vault is 2*'s. How is this a celebration for a new Support release? You can't even equip Supports to 2*'s, so why dominate a Support vault with them.
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    3 nopes from me.  The vault is a lot smaller but there’s no leg token? Still waiting for a good offer.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Once again I'll be saving my points
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    So does this Support do anything interesting warranting a new store and vault all of its own, compared to the other Black Panther related supports from last week?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    We're getting a special support release for just 1 new support.. one.. that they probably forgot to add with the rest of the Wakanda supports. It's just silly. Even worse is these HfH deals.. no one is going to buy low tiered Fury or old crusty IMHB, who barely sees play even when boosted and it's his worst cover. Come on guys, you're not even trying anymore!!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the reduction of the items in vault to 120, LT and 10,000 iso-8 was removed. They have increased the chance of getting supports to 12.5%, compared to the previous 7.14%. 

For the 250CP deal, they replaced Beginner tokens with Advanced tokens. 

For the 4800 HP deal, there's no change.  

This deal came too soon. If I were to buy the deal, I'm most likely getting Red Iso-8 (86.2% chance). It seems like they have been offering HfH deals of characters that appeared in Infinity War since Support were rolled out: Dr. Strange, R4G, Thanos, Shuri, Black Panther. Now, we have Hulkbuster and Nick Fury. If this is the trend, I think we might have 3 star deals coming up in the future as well: Scarlet Witch, Vision, Loki. There's still more for 4* and 5* too.
  • lpearl
    lpearl Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Those 250cp packages always make me smile. I wonder if anyone buys them.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the reduction of the items in vault to 120, LT and 10,000 iso-8 was removed. They have increased the chance of getting supports to 12.5%, compared to the previous 7.14%.

The odds of getting a rank 5 support have been all over the place though:

ReleaseVault Size# master tokensrank 5 oddsCombined odds
    Infinity War30011:101:3000
    Wakanda28011:291:8120
    Royal Talon12011:271:3240

So if you're after the top prize, it's still worse than the 300 item vault.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder what caused them to increase the odd from 1:10 to 1:2X. Could it have to do with:

1) the increased chance of pulling a Master Token for every other items you pull in vault, compared to a fix rate of ~1:7.
    2) how Supports gain upgrades or level up
    3) how it doesn't need a roster slot.
    4) how a character need 13 covers to upgrade and you need RNG to be on your side to get the perfect covers, wherea support don't have similar process.
    5) the maximum sellback price for a character cover is 2000 Iso-8 compared to 24,000 Red Iso-8.
    6) they are making Support tokens to be purchasable soon. Probably in June?

As of now, there are a total of 5 Master Tokens that were included in HfH and 4 in vaults. 

Anyway, they are increasing the odds. Again, Rank 4 supports are pretty good by itself. You are getting one less perks, but you still receive bonus perks for the "right" character even if you don't have Rank 5. Why focus so much on getting Rank 5? Set realistic goals and aim for Rank 4 instead. Treat Rank 5 as a bonus.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Everyone should settle and be content with getting a 4 star support*. 

*4 stars have an 8% pull rate for advanced tokens, which themselves have a 4% pull rate in this vault**.

**Thank goodness there's no LT or ISO bomb there to further muck up the pull rates for advanced tokens and 2* farm progress.