Improved Art

apexpredator85
apexpredator85 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
Whoever the artist is now with game please keep them on for good or at least an extended period of time. The faces have a lot more detail now is infinitely more aesthetically pleasing to look at rather than those faces a while back. Okoye even if I’m not interested in her looks like the actual character in the movie while Jessica Jones looks....... just awful..... just so awful ......

Comments

• 0_Fahrenheit
    0_Fahrenheit Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2018
    And why don’t we put a rose on the grave of st4rlord and 5tarlord, or thor gladiator artworks?
    I really like Kraven one as all the old artworks like wolverine. To me the artwork in this game must be the first thing, or the second! Not so-so or nice, only the best ones.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Invisible woman art design could be much better
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    There is definitely quite a spread in quality of artwork for the characters. Personally I find 4*Blade to be on pretty much the lowest end of the scale, very much a 'broad strokes' kind of design when compared to 'top end' characters like Vulture. It just seems there is so much more little details in the drawings.

I don't know if redesigning things is an anwser though. It worked out pretty good for 2/3/4* Wolvie in my opinion, but 3* Cap's old head was way better in my opinion. He didn't used to look like he's staring into a very bright light or just can't read that small print in the middle distance...
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Art for Okoye is one of the best in the whole game, if not the best.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    marshall said:
    Art for Okoye is one of the best in the whole game, if not the best.
    Carnage is up there as well.

Kate Bishops face without the sunglasses though...
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Because I always invoke it whenever one of these threads comes up, I'm just going to quote a past comment:

mega ghost said:
    DayvBang wrote:
    ClydeFrog76 wrote:
    I really don't like the artist they're using now. Very bland, and they don't do faces well at all.
    They can't all be Iceman.

And who can forget the original Spider-Man art. You could open a beer bottle with that Adam's apple.

MPQ-04jpg

• Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    I wish there were credits in the game.  I've always thought that Storm looks like the work of Ian Gibson.  I like all the artwork, except for the animation when Moonstone uses Control Shift.  No human body looks like that!
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* Archangel, his teeth bother me so much....
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 491 Mover and Shaker
    StevO-J said:
    Personally I find 4*Blade to be on pretty much the lowest end of the scale....
    Agreed on both of these, but Homunculus Iceman says hi.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    There are a few duds, but 98% of the character art in MPQ is spectacular.
    Way better than most printed comic books nowadays.
  • djrdjr
    djrdjr Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    I've seen mannaquins with more life-like proportions
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keep in mind that Invisible Woman came out in the days where a lot of characters were basically palette swaps (the reason I think they chose Dark Avengers/Dark Reign in the first place). Based on the face and lips, I think they were going from a "let's modify Black Widow" position at the time.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    I love the art and the non-Dark Avenger animations.  I often turn them on when I'm not shielding or racing through PVE.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR said:
    Keep in mind that Invisible Woman came out in the days where a lot of characters were basically palette swaps (the reason I think they chose Dark Avengers/Dark Reign in the first place). Based on the face and lips, I think they were going from a "let's modify Black Widow" position at the time.
    I always thought she looks like she was a modification of art for Reed.
  • SlappyDingle
    SlappyDingle Posts: 60 Match Maker
    For me,  Green Goblin is the tippy tops in terms of art whereas 5* Hulk looks like he was drawn with smeared crayons. 5* Spidey could use a redraw as well. Do not like that broadway leap holding the weblines.

'Animation' wise The Thing gets the nod. He's got some nice little spring to his drawings that really helps the effect. Love when they add little tricks like that to the art. 
  • Dark Nova
    Dark Nova Posts: 56 Match Maker
    I just wish someone would fix Hawkguy's right arm. It looks like someone spilt skin-coloured ink then tried to cover it up by blending it into the background!

Irritates me everytime I see it.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    These two stood out in my mind in term of weirdness: Invisible Woman and Iceman.

Otherwise, the rest (based on those that I can remember now) looks great.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    djrdjr said:
    I've seen mannaquins with more life-like proportions
    I thought it was a Parmigianino tribute

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    The art has always been one of the things that attracted, and still attracts, me to this game. Sure, there are the meh ones, as have already been mentioned. Another is War Machine; he just looks so boring and uninspired. Compare with the level of detail on the Tony Stark Iron Man suits, for example. But as a whole, the artwork is near top-notch.

And can I just mention the delightful entendres of Okoye's art. From her spear going straight up Spidey's torso in her Don't Freeze store, to her poking literally everyone during a match. And she really looks like Danai Gurira, so extra points for that
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    The art has always been one of the things that attracted, and still attracts, me to this game. Sure, there are the meh ones, as have already been mentioned. Another is War Machine; he just looks so boring and uninspired. Compare with the level of detail on the Tony Stark Iron Man suits, for example. But as a whole, the artwork is near top-notch.

And can I just mention the delightful entendres of Okoye's art. From her spear going straight up Spidey's torso in her Don't Freeze store, to her poking literally everyone during a match. And she really looks like Danai Gurira, so extra points for that
    Plus she kinda blocks the bottom row of tiles on Steam, so you can't even really see what you are matching thanks to her spear... Maybe it's better on mobile, but they clearly didn't check Steam out...