4* DDQ: Bl4de vs The Queen

So I really thought this was going to be one of those frustrating crashes, but it turned out to be relatively easy.

5/5/3 lvl 274 Bl4de got a board that slightly favored Medusa with very little red tiles. I was able to get eventually get enough red that the hunger took over. 2 of those + 1 time firing tools of the trade and got a win in my first try.

LT was another level for Kate Bishop.

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    283 5/5/3 Blade got this easily.

I had an abundance of Red matches, so Bloodlust went off after 3 turns. A few turns later and she was dead.

LT gave me a champ level for Gamora.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lvl 172 5/2/5 Blade had no problems. Chase red, don't match her countdown and let bloodlust do the work for you. She got purple but I had nothing to steal, so was no problem.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2018
    Very easy for my lv 287 5/5/3 Blade.  Had enough red tiles on board to get strike tiles for turns 2 and 3.  Then I cascaded into 2 red matches and Bloodlust took over.  Had over 12k health when I finished her off.

LT gave me a champ Nick Fury cover bringing him to lv 288

is there any comic tie in here or is she just a good counter for his gameplay?
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    5/5/3 273 Blade had no troubles, despite a low-red, high-purple opening board and the fact that Medusa kept matching her own countdown tile. I mostly just match-damaged her down and fired off Tools of the Trade for the kill. Still walked away with more than 6k health.

LT goes to the mini-hoard while I'm farming Iso to champ my Prof X.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    The devs mentioned that the match-up is made either based on rivalry or based on characters with counters against players' characters.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    This felt like one where it was based on powers, especially because Hair Meddle was all the way down at one cover, where it can only steal Strikes.

Managed it first try with my 5/2/5 Lvl 270. Went in with +2 red AP. I was kind of worried, since I didn't have much of a Plan B with only two green covers, and it was indeed pretty dicey for a while, without much red on the board, but finally I got enough that I was able to drop her with The Biting a couple of turns before her swarm of Attacks would have taken me out.

LT was a MEHulk champ level.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was pretty easy with my champed Blade.  I chased red first (to trigger blood lust, and try to avoid creating strike tiles for her to steal), followed by green.  I almost had enough green for tools of the trade by the time she died from blood lust.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty close for my 284 5/5/3 Blade! I felt rather big in the britches, as I started getting strike tiles out on turn two. Unfortunately, it was a red AND purple heavy board, so when Medusa stole four of my strike tiles with Hair Meddle, and then landed into a big cascade, the smug smile was immediately removed from my face. I finished with about 1000 health. My reward was a green America Chavez, bringing her up to 0/2/3.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    271 5/5/3 no issues. Red starved board with a bunch of green. Fired it twice and then chipped away.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    272 5/5/3 Blade with no boosts.  Mostly chased red and green and it was surprisingly easy.  LT to the hoard.