CS one time exception

therightwaye
therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
How many times have you received a one time exception cover swap of a classic legend or other non-latest unusable cover?

CS one time exception 203 votes

Zero - never asked
43%
SpoitEddiemonThanosZeiramMRsinnerjflHadronicBearVengerxKOBALTxscotteeTaganovhangeDeNappaDartmaster01abmorazNabistayferaldayorMattjimfswordfishdataStevO-JZootSax 89 votes
Zero - rejected
38%
afsplatPorkBellyfirethornerixmithRemoDestroyerDrNitromanseshomababinroslaxer723wymtimechris0001MarkotspectatorMagicTiggidaGrizz875fmftintsteakleatherxidragonxiUNC_Samurai 78 votes
12%
akboyceDragon_NexusKolenceTredoColognoisseurrbdragonSeriouslyPhumadedr tinykittyloveZeroKarmaComatoseJackaljackstar0CarnifexxMathiasTCKBasepuzzlerLLohmThe rockettFokaiHItherightwayeMETT-T dependent 25 votes
0%
moss04LifeofAgony 2 votes
0%
FOADakaSquirrelBoy 1 vote
4 or more
3%
sinnerjflmikeypacescrackedMrBowersRedLionapexpredator85BatteryHorseKC_Hammer 8 votes

Comments

• therightwaye
    CS is just another form of RNG
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    I remember mine very well.  I had PHX, yea that long ago, at a 5/0/5 with 2 extra green which I still have as a dupe.  I pulled 2 purple.  Was happy. Then I pulled 1 red and 2more green.   I got rejected my CS for any help.  I went to HiFi and PMed him this issue.  He read over my account and wasn’t going to budge. Then I pulled another green PHX and went nuts.  I asked how can this be acceptable with investing money into the game and now I have to throw away these covers.  This was when we only had SS OML and PHX.  He finally gave in to my request.  

My 4/0/1 dupe is still on my roster as we speak.  
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zero - rejected
    Zero!

I've been denied 7 times
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

Thread closure because it breaches the updated rule 13 (no neutral option available, has supplementary comments on the two Zero options) in 5, 4, 3...

Those rules are stupid.  Or my interpretation of them is.  One or the other.  Maybe I should start a poll.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    I'm responding as well.  

I got a 1 time exception for BSSM back in the day.  I'm very appreciative of the CS for that one time exception and I appreciate the spirit in which it was awarded.

That said,  I think the exception option should be applied evenly and fairly to all players.  I hope by being transparent about CS actions, we can all be treated equally and fairly instead of:

a.  some users got to merge multiple purchased accounts.
    b.  Some users  were allowed to break down and merge duplicates.
    c.  Some users were given large resources when faced with server breakdowns, while other users got nothing or vastly reduced rewards for the exact same outage.  (as documented by the actual CS email sent to a member of my alliance.)

litany of documented CS inconsistencies is staggering.

edit:
    In fact, I remember that when I purchased the very first VIP offer.  It was bugged and didn't work.  I in fact had to submit a CS request to deliver the items in the offer.  I can state definitively (based on CS email) that my offer was different that offers given to other players because I was shorted the 20 healthpacks that were given to other buyers of the VIP offer.

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zero - never asked

Thread closure because it breaches the updated rule 13 (no neutral option available, has supplementary comments on the two Zero options) in 5, 4, 3...

Those rules are stupid.  Or my interpretation of them is.  One or the other.  Maybe I should start a poll.

While I agree that the poll rules are clumsily implemented, I think "Zero - never asked" counts fairly well as a "neutral option". It's basically an "n/a" for a question that asks "how many times", right?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:

While I agree that the poll rules are clumsily implemented, I think "Zero - never asked" counts fairly well as a "neutral option". It's basically an "n/a" for a question that asks "how many times", right?

You make good points.  I'm using a literal interpretation of the rules in an attempt to display what I perceive to be absurdity because of a general grumpiness I have towards the overzealous closure of some recent polls.

Continuing that theme, to be fully balanced, this poll should also include negative numbers.  And maybe complex numbers.

Jailing for going off-topic (and off my meds) and not showing due respect for authority in 5, 4, 3...

• pfarewell
    pfarewell Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Zero - rejected
    What? They do one time exchanges for people? They've told me at least 7 times that they don't exchange classic covers. I feel....lied to and betrayed. Sadness Prevails.
  • pfarewell
    pfarewell Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Zero - rejected
    My lost Phoenix, silver surfer, green goblin, dr. Strange and black widow covers weep also. 
  • therightwaye
    pfarewell said:
    What? They do one time exchanges for people? They've told me at least 7 times that they don't exchange classic covers. I feel....lied to and betrayed. Sadness Prevails.
    Not only that I've known them to do it multiple times for people. 
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Zero - rejected
    During one of the new releases (Gambit?) I pulled two dupe OMLs and two dupe PHXs I couldn't use. I wrote CS, asked if they'd be able to swap them (I wasn't sure if the swap policy applied to new release vaults). They told me they couldn't do it, and I've never felt cheated or slighted about it. 
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    4 or more
    How many times have you received a one time exception cover swap of a classic legend or other non-latest unusable cover?
    How many times did someone get a one time exception?

On the second swap (or more) it's no longer one time. So the poll should only have zero & 1 as possible answers.
    ;)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think they might give exceptional swapping for customers who supported them a lot. Before you get angry, it's a normal business practice in the corporate world.
  • mexus
    mexus Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Zero - rejected
    Zero - Rejected. 
    To be honest I would probably have stayed in MPQ if my request wasn't rejected. It was one of many things that frustrated the spark out of me during a period where I felt more and more mistreated by the game itself. I really wanted that final Daredevil cover, not 5 champion covers for Thor.
    I think I'm 4 months MPQ sober now. :)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kingpin gives covers for 5* Daredevil... if it's not too far away.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Kingpin gives covers for 5* Daredevil... if it's not too far away.
    That has nothing to do with the rejection..............
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think they might give exceptional swapping for customers who supported them a lot. Before you get angry, it's a normal business practice in the corporate world.
    Incorrect.  I have personally seen many rejections with people that spend money.  Mine was rejected until I came here to the forums and PMed David HiFi and I spent, actually I don’t want to know cause it might make me sick to my stomach.   
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    mexus said:
    Zero - Rejected. 
    To be honest I would probably have stayed in MPQ if my request wasn't rejected. It was one of many things that frustrated the spark out of me during a period where I felt more and more mistreated by the game itself. I really wanted that final Daredevil cover, not 5 champion covers for Thor.
    I think I'm 4 months MPQ sober now. :)
    The rejection is justified based on your statement above. You can not swap one Latest 5* cover (Thor) for a different Latest 5* cover (Daredevil) unless you already had Thor at level 550. 
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Zero - never asked
    Didn't even know this was a thing.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zero - rejected
    I asked twice.  Once when I pulled a 6th Gambit black one day after he left latests.  The other was when I pulled an unusable cover from one of the heroes in one of the new release stores.  Bolt, maybe.  That last one was the moment I decided never to waste CP on those limited stores again.