Hoard past or pull and pray for JJ?

Options
redviper85
redviper85 Posts: 62 Match Maker
How good is Jessica Jones? I've been hoarding since 3/13 and have 187 pulls. With Okoye release being moved up it leaves me with about 6-7 weeks to get to 300 before JJ gets the boot and the 5* after Okoye enters. It won't happen but i can get pretty close since i'm bringing in a little less than 100 pulls a month (93.5/month). 

I don't really want Lumbercap but JJ's blue seems really good and Okoye seems solid. Do i leave JJ to go to vintage AKA the land of no return, or do i pull and pray i get JJ while avoiding Cap. 

For reference I have 4 5*s champed (gambit, Thor, AA, Thanos) DD will be champed once i get 7 more kingpin covers; and I have 1 JJ and 1 Cap cover. 

Comments

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jessica is awesome. I highly recommend you go for her. She makes a great third to Gambithor, more than Archangel (although I still like Archie for his stun, which can come in handy).

Okoye's release has once again disrupted the 4/4/5 pattern that is usually the case. So we can't confirm when the next 5* will be released. Will it be in 4 weeks, 6 weeks, 8 weeks? In any case, just keep going for Jessica until she leaves Latests. It's highly unlikely you'll avoid BeardCap though; he'll be collateral damage. Like how my Ghost Rider is at 5/3/0 in my quest to complete both Archangel and Jessica.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

How many pulls are you earning in a week? With a perfectly even distribution you should get a Jessica Jones cover in 20 pulls, so 180 pulls should yield around 9 covers, getting you a 10 cover build. You may be able to pull it off with as Little as 250 pulls assuming you can get champion levels from the fourstar pulls.

...assuming the distribution is even, which it is not. I did around 100 pulls when LumberCap entered the token pool, and ended up with 8 Cap covers and 2 for Jessica... Guess I am due more Jessica covers.

Set Jessica as your bonus hero if you haven't by the way. Any way to improve the odds help.

• Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I love Jessica. At 2/1/2 she's been a rock-solid third for my C4ptain Marvel / Agent Coulson team, so if you can get her maxed out she'll be a powerhouse. Okoye is gonna be around for a while, so if you really want her, you have time to try to hoard again.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think the new Cap 5* is a better than the forums may think he is.  
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Jessica is awesome. I highly recommend you go for her. She makes a great third to Gambithor, more than Archangel (although I still like Archie for his stun, which can come in handy).

Okoye's release has once again disrupted the 4/4/5 pattern that is usually the case. So we can't confirm when the next 5* will be released. Will it be in 4 weeks, 6 weeks, 8 weeks? In any case, just keep going for Jessica until she leaves Latests. It's highly unlikely you'll avoid BeardCap though; he'll be collateral damage. Like how my Ghost Rider is at 5/3/0 in my quest to complete both Archangel and Jessica.
    I feel that pain. I've got a Ghost Rider with 11 covers from first trying to get an Archangel of any cover and later trying for Jessica. I did get a poophouse Archangel 1/1/1 and four covers for Jessica but I pulled something like 15 5* covers before I got my Archangel. That includes the four extra covers I snagged for Gladiathor to bring him to eight covers.
  • redviper85
    redviper85 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    Warbringa said:
    you may be right. I remember people being pessimistic about Gladithor too when he was released. Ever since Gambit 5* toons have to prove their worth because everything just pales in comparision when you're just looking at it on paper
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Warbringa said:
    you may be right. I remember people being pessimistic about Gladithor too when he was released. Ever since Gambit 5* toons have to prove their worth because everything just pales in comparision when you're just looking at it on paper
    Thor and Cap are different in important ways though. Thor accelerates Gambit, and his green and yellow are still useful even if Gambit blocks red. Cap doesn't really have any synergy with Gambit, and if Gambit blocks out his red and purple are you are left with is his yellow. Not exactly an ideal situation...
    If you decidee to play Cap without Gambit the question becomes if he is good enough to reliably beat Gambit... And I just don't think he can do that.