Shuri and BP4 HFH bundles: Who's buying these?

JarvisJackrabbit
JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
edited May 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
My Shuri is at a woeful 1/1/9 and I'm still not planning on forking over 1,200 additional HP on top of the usual 3,600 for HFH for some overvalued support trinkets.

The BP4 cover for 250 CP is baffling.

Is there something I'm missing with supports? I'm not using them and have invested a grand total of zero RISO. It seems like there are already fifty different supports, too, and I just can't get myself mentally to a place where my rapid bursts of MPQ escapism warrant poring over this new mechanic when their benefits seem negligible at this point.

Is anyone compiling lists of the best supports and how to use them? If not, is this due more to their relative novelty or because they really aren't making an impact on players' games?

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah gotta say these deals are soured by the support stuff.

I didn't get the Peggy Carter deal for that reason. I normally buy these multi-cover bundles, but not when the only other stuff is support related.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    This will be the first of these I do not get. The going rate for supports feels uneven to me. Maybe the next one...
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    I normally get one and got the Peggy because it gave three covers.  These deals are both a little off for my taste.  Will pass on both of them.
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    These are the first bundle deals I'm passing on.  I actually like supports and can see them really helping if leveled up and on the right character but 250CP for a chance at maybe some good supports and a pretty bad 4* cover is WAY too much and more HP then usual for just one ok 4* cover and a chance at supports that might be ok is WAY too much.  Not even tempted.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I bought the BP deal. Got 1 Rank 4 and 3 Rank 3 supports. I can't afford the HP at this moment, so the BP deal is affordable for 4* and below player. 250CP vs 4800HP. 

The top players have excess HP but they are saving up CP. For those newer players, they have excess CP but they are saving HP for roster slots.

See the contrast?
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    I bought the BP deal. Got 1 Rank 4 and 3 Rank 3 supports. I can't afford the HP at this moment, so the BP deal is affordable for 4* and below player. 250CP vs 4800HP. 

The top players have excess HP but they are saving up CP. For those newer players, they have excess CP but they are saving HP for roster slots.

See the contrast?
    You can’t have enough command points. That deal is way overpriced.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    It shows what the devs have learned:

No matter how bad the deal, someone will buy it.
  • HoundofShadow
    It simply shows that different players make decisions based on where they are in the game. If I have only 4800 HP and I'm transitioning to 4* land, I'd rather use it to buy roster slots. For 250CP, I'm fine with it. I'll just take it that I bought a Power Upgrade (120CP), some Support Tokens and Red Iso-8.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I clicked on this thread thinking it was a poll, ready to vote 'not me'.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    It simply shows that different players make decisions based on where they are in the game. If I have only 4800 HP and I'm transitioning to 4* land, I'd rather use it to buy roster slots. For 250CP, I'm fine with it. I'll just take it that I bought a Power Upgrade (120CP), some Support Tokens and Red Iso-8.
    If someone's transitioning into 4* land, 250 cp should be buying up to 10 or 12 4* covers. Not just 1.
  • HoundofShadow
    250 CP can buy 10 Latest or 12 Classics. However, they need to have enough roster slots else it would be another iso-8. Chances are, they would need  5000-8000 HP too if their intention is to roster all the 4* from those 10-12 tokens. 
  • LavaManLee
    If only the game would allow me to do so, I would be glad to trade you my support tokens and Red Iso-8 for CP.  Obviously to each their own, but 130 CP for some support tokens and RISO is WAY overpriced.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    I've bought most of the bundles so far, and got the Shuri one this time. HP pour in consistantly and Blue Shuri put her at 4/3/4. The green from Galactus will put her at the sweet spot of 4/4/4 so no regrets.

I skipped the black Panther one. 250cp for a 4* bundle is horrible. It's made even much worse by the odds of a rank 5 being 1:29 instead of 1:10. If it was a 5* BP though I would have been all over it.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 491 Mover and Shaker
    Only bought the Shuri one because I was one cover away from Max Covers.  With her configuration at 4 3 5, and several covers being rewarded soon, I didn't want to get hosed by RNG giving me her Red over and over.  Most recently, it happened for me with my 4 Star Black Panther...

That's really the only time I seriously consider buying HFH or these special ones = if my 4 Star character is 1 cover away from Max Covers.  Got my final Kraven the Hunter cover that way a bit ago.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    I got the Strange and Thanos h4h, but these are horribly not worth it. They keep trying to equate a support token to an 4* cover or LT, and I'm not seeing it. Not with the current state of supports, which is basically trash.
  • LavaManLee
    Akari said:
    I got the Strange and Thanos h4h, but these are horribly not worth it. They keep trying to equate a support token to an 4* cover or LT, and I'm not seeing it. Not with the current state of supports, which is basically trash.
    Agreed.  It really makes me wonder how often they actually play the game.  Supports were a complete and utter waste of time and resources they way they are implemented now.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards

I use HP for shields in PVP, but I definitely take in much more than I use for that, so I just spend HP on whatever I find fun at the time (vaults, tokens, what have you.)  I went for the Shuri HfH deal because I managed to champ her from the last PVE.

Did okay.  Got a rank 3 Shuri's lab and Hydra Henchmen from the advanced (hey, at least I didn't get a rank 2 out of that.) Also got the Dora Milaje at 2, the Ancestral Plane at 1, and Corvus Glaive at 2.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh, and the 250 CP buy is "No tinykitty way."  Not in the least bit worth it.  That's 10 Latest legendary pulls or 12 Classic Pulls for 1 4* and some tokens.  The tokens, IMHO, aren't worth a single 4* cover, so that's a terrible deal.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    I bought the Strange HFH, I bought the Thanos (3star) HFH, said no thanks to Shuri HFH instead I took that hp and bought out the Okoye vault that was filled with useful items