Devs - please stop releasing new heroes so fast...

Projectus2501
Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
edited May 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
The title says it all. Most players can't collect, champ or play with heroes that are released every two weeks. Not even talking about enjoying the game. I'm sure money will keep rolling if you slow down the releases to every three weeks or even a crazy schedule of one release per month. Thank you.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, from the devs' perspective it's not too fast and it's not too slow. Heck, when you get used to it you get a Little antsy when a new release is delayed a week...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the focus on Supports, they might slow down the release of characters. 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's always been 2 weeks. And with 5stars in the mix, they have even lightened the burden on lower rosters (and hoarders).
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    But, if they’re going to start releasing 5* faster, then they are going to have to make sure the token odds and the current distribution of Classics and Latest get updated.

There is no way for the majority of people to keep up with 5* if the schedule moves to 4/5/4/5. The resources aren’t there and the odds are never in your favor.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    The majority of the people aren't meant to. 
  • Quebbster
    With the focus on Supports, they might slow down the release of characters. 

They haven't so far. It's just been new supports in addition to new characters, not instead of.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    A lot of people has the misconception that you have to roster every character and champ them. That will never happen. Look at the people that have been playing this game for years and I bet you unless they are a massive whale they have not champed every 4* and 5*. Definitely max champ everything. The aggressive release schedule, dilution of 4*'s and 5*'s in the stores, and ISO-8 deficit all come together to impede you from maxing out every character. The point for the Devs is for people to spend money on the new characters or on resources to scramble to get the covers and level them fast enough to keep up. I know its annoying, but it's something that has been happening for years and I doubt it will change.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Adding on, it's not really necessary to champ every character, anyway.  Having one cover is enough to allow you to do essentials and compete for placement in most events.  Outside of that, the older characters are generally inferior to the new releases.  Even the meta-defining characters eventually get benched.  Hulkbuster, Rhulk, Teen Jean - unless boosted (and sometimes even when boosted) the newer releases outpace them.  And once you champ a couple of 5*s, the entire tier is moot, in the same way 3*s are completely pointless if you've got champ 4*s.

With the odds increase towards the latest 12, it's fairly easy to cover the 4*s without spending money and with modest, suboptimal play.  5*s require more dedicated effort, but they're so hit-or-miss that if you want to play in that tier you pretty much have to choose to skip a few anyway so you can hoard and spend on a good duo or trio.
  • Quebbster
    Shintok17 said:
    A lot of people has the misconception that you have to roster every character and champ them. That will never happen. Look at the people that have been playing this game for years and I bet you unless they are a massive whale they have not champed every 4* and 5*. Definitely max champ everything. The aggressive release schedule, dilution of 4*'s and 5*'s in the stores, and ISO-8 deficit all come together to impede you from maxing out every character. The point for the Devs is for people to spend money on the new characters or on resources to scramble to get the covers and level them fast enough to keep up. I know its annoying, but it's something that has been happening for years and I doubt it will change.

I am mostly free to play and I have 193 roster spots at the moment. 41 duplicate threestars, all fourstars (everyone except Jubilee champed) and all fivestars except Dr Strange rostered - and he will be when I get a cover in the resupply soon.

Sure, I have a lot of unchamped older fivestars with anything between one and eight covers, but on the other hand I don't really have any use for them besides unlocking PvE essential nodes. I suppose when I get enough covers through feeders they will be champed, but I am not in a rush.

Once you get over the hump of champing fourstars it's surprisingly easy to keep the release pace, but to get there you need to grind a lot... And then you are used to it and keep it up out of habit.

• ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Shintok17 said:
    To clarify my statement, I have almost all of the 5* champed and have all of the 4* champed except recent releases. I have been able to keep up with the 5* rotation without hoarding for the most part and spending on a Stark a month thereabouts. I'm not even close to a massive whale. The massive whales of whom you speak are focused on getting the 5's at 550. 

In my opinion, 5* characters should be achievable by a healthy segment of the playerbase. When I say most won't be able to cover them at an increased release rate I mean that we would be coming to the point where spending money to get characters won't be enough. It needs to be a huge investment. Similar to trying to get a 5* support out of a vault and maxing it with red iso. 
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    The title says it all. Most players can't collect, champ or play with heroes that are released every two weeks. Not even talking about enjoying the game. I'm sure money will keep rolling if you slow down the releases to every three weeks or even a crazy schedule of one release per month. Thank you.
    You do realize that if you can't roster them immediately they stay in the game forever so you can always do it later if need be
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin said:
     And once you champ a couple of 5*s, the entire tier is moot, in the same way 3*s are completely pointless if you've got champ 4*s.

I've got 40+ champed 4-stars and my 3-stars are in no way 'completely pointless'. In fact, they are extremely valuable to me and my success.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eh, I'm F2P and I'd get bored if it they didn't release them every 2 weeks. In fact, I'm kinda ok even if they increase the 5* rate because that's all I care about now.
  • Erunner1201
    Erunner1201 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    If they stick to this schedule, they need to increase the amount and/or frequency that players can get LTs or CPs.  Many people hoard LTs/CPs for a couple months or more now and still have trouble covering all the latests, especially if RNG is not being cooperative.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    I know it doesn't make them nearly the money that 4*/5* releases do, but I'd love to see them slow down the 4*/5* releases by adding new 2*/3* into the rotation.

How about 4/2/5/4/3/5,  4/2/5/4/3/5, ...

Keeps the game fresh, but allows hoarders to still hoard effectively.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Calnexin said:
     And once you champ a couple of 5*s, the entire tier is moot, in the same way 3*s are completely pointless if you've got champ 4*s.

I've got 40+ champed 4-stars and my 3-stars are in no way 'completely pointless'. In fact, they are extremely valuable to me and my success.
    The only 3* I use (outside forced play DDQ and essentials) is Thanos, and that's only because I don't have 5* Thanos champed.  I'm happy for you that you still find a use for them, but for me that was the case even before I had a few 5* champs.  I can't envision any scenario in which I would prefer to use a 3* over a 4* or 5* unless forced by game mechanics.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin said:
      I can't envision any scenario in which I would prefer to use a 3* over a 4* or 5* unless forced by game mechanics.
    There are 3-star batteries that can accelerate wins faster than any 4-star counterparts. Iron Fist. Switch. IM40. Dr. Strange and his passive yellow, Captain America and his ability to over-write tiles, or Loki and his utterly unique skill set remain useful. Then there are 3-stars that simply outperform many 4-stars when boosted, like Mohawk Storm, Patch, and Cyclops. Blade or Daken, and their ability to produce special tiles, can be of extreme value.

A max-champed 3-star at level 266 can remain very useful to a 4-star player, especially when boosted.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Calnexin said:
      I can't envision any scenario in which I would prefer to use a 3* over a 4* or 5* unless forced by game mechanics.
    There are 3-star batteries that can accelerate wins faster than any 4-star counterparts. Iron Fist. Switch. IM40. Dr. Strange and his passive yellow, Captain America and his ability to over-write tiles, or Loki and his utterly unique skill set remain useful. Then there are 3-stars that simply outperform many 4-stars when boosted, like Mohawk Storm, Patch, and Cyclops. Blade or Daken, and their ability to produce special tiles, can be of extreme value.

A max-champed 3-star at level 266 can remain very useful to a 4-star player, especially when boosted.
    3* Hawkeye is surprisingly useful as well, at least in the current special tile-heavy meta.  

Most of my champed 4*'s are only in the Level 270-275 range, so especially once more of my 3*'s hit 266 I suspect they will remain relevant for some time to come...
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wouldn't mind the increased release schedule if they would balance some of the characters that just desperately need a rework. I'm looking at you flaptain