How does MPQ forget about Hela?

2»

Comments

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    And if you haven't seen 'Black Panther,' please see it as it might change your stance. Had I not seen 'Thor: Ragnarok' I'd have been "Why the heck are we getting Valkyrie?", but I did see it and she was one of the highlights. As such, even though I'm not sure I ever read a comic with Valkyrie in it, I was now excited that she was included in the game.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    How did this game forget about Infinity War?
    Lol, great post.  :D
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    If * were power levels, then all the non mutants/superhumans would be tier 1-3.  

* = rarity level, that's it, if you overthink it, it'll drive you batty with some of the characters...
    I get that, but shouldn't Odin and Hela be more rare than all the characters they've come out with since then?
    They are. Infinitely so.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash said:
    They'll throw her in as a limited edition Support a few months down the line.
    That doesn't make any sense. Who will she be supporting? 
    The undeniable fact that all MCU villains are bland and one-dimensional (with the exception of Loki, Killmonger, Thanos)
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash said:
    They'll throw her in as a limited edition Support a few months down the line.
    That doesn't make any sense. Who will she be supporting? 
    The undeniable fact that all MCU villains are bland and one-dimensional (with the exception of Loki, Killmonger, Thanos)
    Mordo was well set up if they want to use him in Dr Strange 2, but otherwise as you said, the villains are a pretty uninspired bunch.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,907 Chairperson of the Boards
    BlackBoltRocks said: The undeniable fact that all MCU villains are bland and one-dimensional (with the exception of Loki, Killmonger, Thanos)
    Woah there! I think Vulture, Winter Soldier/Alexander Pierce from Cap 2, and Helmut Zemo beg to differ.

Personally, I also found the interpretation of the Mandarin in Iron Man 3 interesting (although quite unfaithful to the source material) and in my humble opinion the "cosmic level" villainy of Ego and Dormammu was pretty awesome and well done, too.

But to get back on topic, I absolutely adore Hela and think she would be a marvelous addition to the game if done right. Here's hoping, true believers!
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    There's no way they could do a faithful representation of the Mandarin nowadays, he's a racist stereotype from the Cold War era, like the Crimson Dynamo.

Really wish Disney made it easier to license their content! So many storylines we could get instead of the constant barrage of Dark avengers. Hell, I'd be happy with the rest of the Dark Reign storyline.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm over the power level matching to fiction, but I am a little baffled why MPQ hasn't put Hela into the game in some form.  The prime time to introduce her is long gone.  Both the theatrical and home releases of Ragnarok have passed.  I haven't seen Infinity War yet, but I'm assuming she's not in it, nor is she likely to make an appearance in the sequel.  You'd think the big bad of a major release would get at least a 5* if not a boss event.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin said:
    I'm over the power level matching to fiction, but I am a little baffled why MPQ hasn't put Hela into the game in some form.  The prime time to introduce her is long gone.  Both the theatrical and home releases of Ragnarok have passed.  I haven't seen Infinity War yet, but I'm assuming she's not in it, nor is she likely to make an appearance in the sequel.  You'd think the big bad of a major release would get at least a 5* if not a boss event.
    The problem is that Hela might as well have been a natural disaster. She was a destructive force marching ever forward, but Skurge had more nuance to his character than she did.

I agree they missed the best time to introduce her to MPQ, but when you're looking at who to add from Ragnarok based on how popular the character is, she's probably a ways down the list (I mean, even after Thor/Hulk/Valkyrie, I'd still add Loki before Hela, you know?)

Doesn't mean there's not room for improvement (I'd love some more Thor villains, especially if we could get a comic-based Malekith), but I can see why she got skipped, I guess.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    And if you haven't seen 'Black Panther,' please see it as it might change your stance. Had I not seen 'Thor: Ragnarok' I'd have been "Why the heck are we getting Valkyrie?", but I did see it and she was one of the highlights. As such, even though I'm not sure I ever read a comic with Valkyrie in it, I was now excited that she was included in the game.
    Funny seeing Ragnorak made me was Valkyrie in the game way less.  The Silly thing about introducing Okoye as a 5* is that she is a higher star level than the main character from that movie.  Seems they gave up adding to the 3* pool as that might have made more sense.  That or Adding someone like Killmonger from the first one so they don't end up releasing nothing but variants when the sequel comes around.

//Removed Profanity -Brigby
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    n25philly said:
      The Silly thing about introducing Okoye as a 5* is that she is a higher star level than the main character from that movie.
    I'm not sure if you are aware but there is a 5-star Black Panther. In fact, there are three Black Panthers in the game. I don't think he is being misrepresented in the game or being overshadowed by Okoye.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Dormammu said:
    n25philly said:
      The Silly thing about introducing Okoye as a 5* is that she is a higher star level than the main character from that movie.
    I'm not sure if you are aware but there is a 5-star Black Panther. In fact, there are three Black Panthers in the game. I don't think he is being misrepresented in the game or being overshadowed by Okoye.
    lol, yes I know that.  I'm talking just in terms of the tie ins to the movie
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Dormammu said:
    Yeah but Jessica can take your picture in a really compromising situation.
    That costs extra.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    YES, I fell in love with Hela after Ragnorok and am sad they haven't made here a cover. 
    She would make a deservedly good 5* character - (and also a villain to use all those incredibly useful supports on).
    But, apparently,  we NEED at least 17 more  Captain America covers, first though.  

I wish they would get a bit creative sometimes, like for the Daredevil release, they could have made an amazing 5* Elektra as Black Sky and given her totally (good) powers.  She is obviously superior to Daredevil. (as Black Sky) and they could have done something a little different and released a 4 star Daredevil (makes a nice change from the  3 and 5 star simultaneous releases)..

What did we get from Ragnarok though?  Short haired Thor (good) and ANOTHER 4* Hulk - HULK MEH (terrible).
    I swear he ruins EVERY SINGLE lined up match - and that's' when he's on my team.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    If * were power levels, then all the non mutants/superhumans would be tier 1-3.  

* = rarity level, that's it, if you overthink it, it'll drive you batty with some of the characters...
    I get that, but shouldn't Odin and Hela be more rare than all the characters they've come out with since then?

I don't know, I just feel like they should fill 5* land with more badass characters before they bring characters like Okoye, Jessica Jones, and Hawkeye into it. #IMO
    Okoye is extremely badass. 
    Not saying she's not, but badass enough to be debuted as a 5*? Really? I don't think so. 
    Star level has nothing to do with badassery, power level, or even importance. It's just a tier within the game. We could just as easily get a 5* Namorita.
    I understand that, but all I'm saying is that, this early on into character developments, it should, and I think at that's what they intended to dwhen they came out with Phoenix, Silver Surfer, OML, and a couple more like Green Goblin, Doc OC, Thanos, but now it's tinykitty. Anyone can be a 5*, and that's tinykitty.

Characters like Okoye and Jessica Jones, could've developed like 3* and 4* characters 1st. I think it's just lack of creativity. So yeah, on some level, or at least at 1st, * level should reflect level of badassery.
    You seem to forget the precident for * rating not equalling power was set years ago when they decided to make Elektra their fourth or fifth 4*.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I think the "problem" now, is that these movies are more frequent and have bigger and better casts, so it gets hard to include everyone.
    I was surprised hearing that Shuri was gonna be in the game, but then I saw the movie and loved her. M'baku was great, so was Killmonger. So if its pick 3, someones getting left out.
    For Ragnarok, we left out Loki, Hela, Skurge, and Heimdall for Valkyrie Thor and Hulk.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    If not playable, at least make her a Boss Level.
    We don't have a "Thor-themed" Boss yet, correct?
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    MojoWild said:
    If they fulfilled everyone's character requests we'd be getting them every 12 hours. It's already on about as tight of a turnaround as players can manage. I'm sure it's nothing personal.

Anyway, there was a campaign for Gambit for the longest time and look what happened there. Be careful what you wish for.
    Doubt anyone requested Okoye as a 5* or 4*.

And yeah, we got Gambit. What else was suppose to happen? 
    Except people did request her based on a player poll regarding characters from Black Panther.

The alternative to getting Gambit, is obviously not getting Gambit.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    I think Odin and Hella should be new boss events, How about a boss event with a "good" guy like Odin and boost vilains

Or boss event Spider man and boost the Sinister 6