5* Too Soon Dilemma

professorplum9
professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
So Okoye seems to be coming two weeks too soon by my calculations. This means I'm running out of time to cover RR. I've heard even if I covered him I wouldn't be using him since he overlaps somewhat with 5Thor. However, I've been trying to cover all the Latest before they go into the diluted classic abyss (partly in the hope that even the weaker ones like AA and Ock may one day get revamped).

Is this going to be a trend going forward? @Brigby

If it is I'll probably punt on RR and focus on JJ. If this is an exception rather than the rule I may still try to cover him before he leaves. It would be nice to have him champed for when he is a 5* Essential and who knows what future synergies he may have with other characters.

Comments

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* Ghost is really fun in PVE. To me at least. I just champed him last week, and even use him at the beginning of the climb in PVP.

He tanks two colors for Gambit. And once you fire his green, the match is really close to over. Because he has such high match damage, the green repeaters ticking every turn actually do like 10k a turn. Plus the AP gain. Those feed Gambit's red and his own big black damage. 

He's slower than 5* Thor in terms of real world time, but I feel like he ends the match in less turns, which means less damage taken. Except if Thor is already below half health of course.

But with the PVE boost right now, GR is destroying in the Wakanda event.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    GRRR actually pairs rather well with 5* Thor even though theyre fighting for 2/3 colors, its not a problem.

And yes, he will exit Latests 2 weeks earlier than he should to make place for Okoye who seems much morse.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    If you can't cover him fully , I wouldn't worry too much , I feel certain Johnny blaze will be updated in the future to feed his covers.
    And yes RR is fun in pve,  he will tank for Thor if he's slightly higher level which is nice , but he's no good for pvp as it stands , so it's no big loss. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't cover 5 stars fast enough. The game forces you to hoard until you have a couple hundred pulls, then you might cover a current 5.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    For 5* GR I actually used him with Thor and Gambit.  He tanks for Thor to keep him at 1/2 health and with Thor and GR green you gain AP like mad.  Then his black is nasty.  Overall JJ is better when you match her trap tiles getting AP and direct damage is huge.  Hopefully they will hold off on putting Okoye in packs but that is just wishful thinking.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,908 Chairperson of the Boards
    Something you may want to keep in mind is that 5* GR will be featured again in a 5* character debut legendary store at some point in the future.

And then of course there is the potential 5* feeder.

Depending on what your current build is, it may be more advantageous to wait for those future opportunities.
  • professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    evade420 said:
    If you can't cover him fully , I wouldn't worry too much , I feel certain Johnny blaze will be updated in the future to feed his covers.

Perhaps the developers could make this happen sooner rather than later to make up for short changing his time in Latest Legends. What do you say? @Demiurge_Will

Or better yet (at least for me) what about Agent Coulson (for a little Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. tie in to honor his interactions with RR and in honor of 5th Season end [and 6th Season pick-up])?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm glad I pulled my hoard a little earlier and got GRR to 4/2/2.  He's now feeder ready and that's good enough for me since he doesn't seem worth chasing more than that. 

Still have some left over pulls to go for Okoye once she rotates in.

Sadly I won't be chasing her special store.  Both my BP and Spidey are 13 covered but not champed.  I was already planning to champ 5* BP in the next 2 weeks but I can't afford to champ them both in that time frame as Spidey is still at L255.  I'll probably hold off on even using my free pulls for a while just so in case I beat the odds and pull a Spidey from the 2-3 free pulls I don't want to tinykitty myself.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    If you get to a decently even build with him, you can leave him as it is and get the feeder to finish him. On the other side, in the past if a release has been moved up in schedule from the normal 4/4/5* , then the following 3 characters have been 4*. So you may have extra time to cover okoye. However there is no confirmation as to whether  the schedule of 4*/4*/5* will stay or not
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    Us:  the schedule worries us, please don’t accelerate the 5 schedule. 

Them:  Here’s some more Supports!

Us:  um, we’re ok with the ones we have

Them:  But this one can only be used by Ragnarok!  Cool, right?

• WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Too many characters and no Iso to level up them....this game has gone in a downward spiral.
    Even with Stark salary, you'll not be able to make significant changes so what is worth?
     :'( 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    madoctor said:
    If you get to a decently even build with him, you can leave him as it is and get the feeder to finish him. On the other side, in the past if a release has been moved up in schedule from the normal 4/4/5* , then the following 3 characters have been 4*. So you may have extra time to cover okoye. However there is no confirmation as to whether  the schedule of 4*/4*/5* will stay or not

The last time they broke the Schedule (Thor was released four weeks after Gambit), they didn't do Three consecutive fourstar releases afterwards. Maybe they decided it was too lenient...
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    The might look at it, see how much CP people are earning and covering the 5* so fast now. They could be applying some pressure, so they leave most peoples latest still needed covers. Which is where the feeders come in. We shall see soon enough if they have decided to slow down 4* releases and slightly speed up 5*. Makes sense to be honest as much as it will hurt.
  • jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Seeing as though I am struggling to get a JJ or Cap cover to save my life, this new 5 star is really going to hinder my ability to get full progression going forward in PVE if I am down 3 5*s that I can't seem to pull.  RNG gods be good.
  • Treras
    Treras Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Faster 5* release scheadule? Let me join a buy club so i can keep up with the need of cp and iso....wait they seem to have stoped or at least are a lot less frequent...i wonder why? The comunication to the playerbase is still excelent no miscomuniction what so ever...
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    If they're moving towards favouring more 5*s for release instead of 4*s, then they need to reduce the cost of champing all these characters. How much is it to champ a 4*, about 380k iso? And over 500k for a 5*. I believe the cost of champing a 3* is only approx 130k. Reducing the iso champ cost for 4*s and 5*s would be fair considering the sheer number of characters in the top tiers now, with more being added every few weeks.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Them:  But this one can only be used by Ragnarok!  Cool, right?
    :D This made me literally laugh out loud. At work.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    My CP hasn't recovered from having to hand out over 900 of it to get one Cap cover the last time. I will be holding off from this store. 
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Silly players, 5 stars are for whales. You're not meant to be able to earn them. The 4* and 5* release schedule is designed to force whales to spend money. D3 doesn't care about you if you're not spending to keep up.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    evade420 said:
    And yes RR is fun in pve,  he will tank for Thor if he's slightly higher level which is nice , but he's no good for pvp as it stands , so it's no big loss. 
    The game is becoming a 5* game, hence the addition of 4*-5* feeders, which due to the RNG factor unfortunately means many of us may find ourselves inundated with 5* covers we cannot use when, for example, Rogue and Prof X both give us a Purple Gambit and we have him at 5/3/1. Fortunately (for me) I have Gambit at 4/4/4 but I'm afraid I'll be scrambling for Iso to champ him if they do make Rogue or X feeders for him.

And then...they'll nerf him. I'll finally have my first 5* and it will be Gambit, and they'll nerf him. Don't worry, I'll let you all know when that happens ;)