Okoye (Warrior General) (5/15/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited May 2018 in MPQ Character Discussion
Hi Everyone,

"The head of the Dora Milaje, an all-female special forces group, Okoye is a fiercely loyal protector of Wakanda who isn't afraid to question her king, but would defend him with her life. A staunch fundamentalist who is as formidable with her spear as she is with her tongue, Okoye finds herself torn between her allegiance to her country and her king when T'Challa begins to challenge ancient Wakandan rules."

Check out the brand new 5-Star Okoye (Warrior General), and find out how you can recruit her onto your team!

(Cover Artist: Terry Dodson)

5-Star Rarity (Epic)
Heroes, Team Cap
blacktilepng yellowtilepng 
(Abilities listed at level 450, Power Level 5)
Wakanda Forever! - blacktilepng Passive
Okoye fights to protect Wakanda at all costs. Damage from friendly powers is increased by 1321 for each Team-Up AP you have. Okoye's base Team-Up match damage is increased by 90%. At the start of the turn, if Okoye is not in front, destroy 1 friendly Team-Up AP.

Indomitable Spirit - 7 yellowtilepng AP
Okoye dutifully protects her allies with stoic conviction, not letting anything break her composure. Restores 1765 health for each Team-Up tile on the board, then converts 4 random basic tiles to Team-Up tiles.

Piercing Throw - 11  AP
Okoye hurls her spear at the enemy, striking them at their weak point. Deals 12472 damage and destroys a chosen row, dealing 2494 damage for each tile destroyed in the enemy's strongest color. Destroyed tiles do not deal damage or generate AP.

Recruit Okoye!

General Okoye - Special Limited Vault
  • Starts: Thu, May 17, 12:00pm EDT
  • Ends: Sun, May 20, 11:59pm EDT
  • 40 Items:
    • One 'Don't Freeze' Legendary Token
    • One random 4-Star cover
    • Three random 3-Star covers
    • Six Heroic tokens
    • Four 2,500 Iso-8 items
    • Six 1,000 Iso-8 items
    • Five 500 Iso-8 items
    • Fourteen 2-Star covers
Don't Freeze - Special Legendary Store
  • Ends: Mon, May 21, 11:59pm EDT
  • 15% chance to get Okoye (Warrior General), Black Panther (Civil War), and Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
  • Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Event Schedule

Galactus Hungers
  • Ends: Sun, May 20, 11:59pm EDT
  • Rewards tokens to the 'Don't Freeze' Legendary cover store
  • Red Iso-8 is being added to the event

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Cool, cool, cool.

• TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Restores health? As in really restores and not just boosting? 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    She's no Gambit-slayer
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint said:
    She's no Gambit-slayer
    Gambit slayer? think about how often gambit casts powers, she's a gambit multiplier!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like she'll pair well with Black Panther (Civil War). At least in theory. (or it may be one of those things where they have some neat synergy but it isn't enough to define a new meta so people won't use it often)

I like when characters pair up well like this. That is to say, characters who work together in the comics also working well together in the game (like Iron Fist and Luke Cage).

I do agree that it would be nice to see health and match damage for previews like this. Since she seems aimed to pair up with BP(CW), knowing match damage to compare the two (and see which one will tank which color, and who will be in front, which is relevant for both Panther's red passive and Okoye's black passive), that would be nice.
  • T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2018
    With only about 100 pulls in my hoard atm I was worried they’d release a 5* I really wanted.  Thankfully this isn’t it.  Now I’ll have plenty of time until she rotates out to get 200 more pulls.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    A staunch fundamentalist who is as formidable with her spear as she is with her tongue...

Ummm...
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why is she a 5 star? Very confusing....
    Exactly.  A character that most people couldn't pick out in a minute (I really wasn't sure which one she was in the pic...).  But, the more important question is, is this release pattern an aberration or are they upping 5* character production.  Usually it's 4/4/5, but with Okoye it's 5/4/5... 
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interesting passive. The main way to exploit it would be to have a cheap AOE, but there's none in the 4/5* territory.

Maybe as a third in 5* Hawkeye/Coulson? Coulson's countdowns do damage. It says increase on the damage though, so I assume it won't work on Hawkeye's arrows that don't do any damage.

If you have 5 TU AP, Coulson's countdowns do like 6k damage. Get to 9 TU AP and they're doing 11k each.

Is there any other combo that can span quick damage in the 4/5* realm?
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm really glad she's a 5* as that means Iron Spider will be a 4*! Also, she seems like she could be a really solid 5* support character.

Brigby said:

Wakanda Forever! - blacktilepng Passive
    Okoye fights to protect Wakanda at all costs. Damage from friendly powers is increased by 1321 for each Team-Up AP you have. Okoye's base Team-Up match damage is increased by 90%. At the start of the turn, if Okoye is not in front, destroy 1 friendly Team-Up AP.

Indomitable Spirit - 7 yellowtilepng AP
    Okoye dutifully protects her allies with stoic conviction, not letting anything break her composure. Restores 1765 health for each Team-Up tile on the board, then converts 4 random basic tiles to Team-Up tiles.

Two questions for @Brigby

1) RE: "Damage from friendly powers is increased by 1321 for each Team-Up AP you have." Is this active powers only, or does it include passive powers?
    2) Is her heal a true heal or a burst heal? And is it healing her only, or is it a team heal? It sounds like it's just healing her, but the "
    Okoye dutifully protects her allies" bit leaves that open to interpretation.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee said:
    Interesting passive. The main way to exploit it would be to have a cheap AOE, but there's none in the 4/5* territory.

Maybe as a third in 5* Hawkeye/Coulson? Coulson's countdowns do damage. It says increase on the damage though, so I assume it won't work on Hawkeye's arrows that don't do any damage.

If you have 5 TU AP, Coulson's countdowns do like 6k damage. Get to 9 TU AP and they're doing 11k each.

Is there any other combo that can span quick damage in the 4/5* realm?
    Clagger seems like a great 4* for this.  Their purple only costs 3 under certain conditions, so quick and high damage if you have enough TU tiles.
  • scottee
    Oooo, at first I thought it was only active powers, but the wording does seem like any power, which would include passives. That would make 5* Strange, um, crazy. Just collect TU AP and watch enemy teams melt.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    I can hardly wait until Lady Stilt Man becomes a 5*.

Better keep hoarding.
  • scottee
    Brigby said:
    1) It does seem to include passive powers. Example: Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange) dealt over 9,000 damage from his Flames of the Faltine, when Okoye was on the team.

2) She only heals herself, but it is a true heal.

Thanks!

That makes Okoye/Strange a crazy PVE team against goons.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Start asking your alliance mates for 2* Ms. Marvel yellow TUs now.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm really glad she's a 5* as that means Iron Spider will be a 4*! Also, she seems like she could be a really solid 5* support character.

Or the first 6*...
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Updated the damage values for Piercing Throw, as those were level 3 values, not level 5