Frequently Asked Gameplay Questions

Comments

• optimiza
    optimiza Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    One other question I have about countdown tiles - is there a way to figure out which ones belong to whom? This is becoming an issue where I want to eliminate one of two soldiers whose countdown tile is about to go off, but I don't know whose it is. It generally seems to go to the next person in line, but not always. Thanks!
  • optimiza wrote:
    One other question I have about countdown tiles - is there a way to figure out which ones belong to whom? This is becoming an issue where I want to eliminate one of two soldiers whose countdown tile is about to go off, but I don't know whose it is. It generally seems to go to the next person in line, but not always. Thanks!
    This.

Also, what happens if two or more characters have the same attack value on a color or environment tile? How does game decide who matches what?
  • KevinMark wrote:

Also, what happens if two or more characters have the same attack value on a color or environment tile? How does game decide who matches what?

Which position the char is on your team screen when you pick team decides if they have the same environmental value. Middle > Left > Right. Assuming they are exactly equal tho, but as noted above many chars' values have decimals that aren't displayed.
  • Linxis wrote:
    KevinMark wrote:

Which position the char is on your team screen when you pick team decides if they have the same environmental value. Middle > Left > Right. Assuming they are exactly equal tho, but as noted above many chars' values have decimals that aren't displayed.
    I was going to say I noticed one time all my chars had same enviro value but the one making matches wasn't in the middle position when entering battle. I guess it's about decimals then. I didn't know that. Is there a list of those stats with decimals somewhere? Well, I guess I won't look that up. That'd be too fiddly.
  • optimiza wrote:

This really needs to be addressed! Some of those countdown tiles can decimate a party or wipe out a single character in 1 attack. If I can't find a way to match it and clear it quickly, I really need to know who to stun or concentrate my attacks on.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    folnevar wrote:
    optimiza wrote:

This really needs to be addressed! Some of those countdown tiles can decimate a party or wipe out a single character in 1 attack. If I can't find a way to match it and clear it quickly, I really need to know who to stun or concentrate my attacks on.
    yeah, totally.
  • What's the deal with secondary (more expensive) environmental abilities? I never used them. Even if I saved up my e-tiles while collecting them, I don't see myself using them even at the end of the game because there aren't enough generated till a game ends. I can see them possibly being used in longer matches with people having over 5k health characters. Is that the case? Maybe maxed 3 star char players are able to use secondary environmental abilities?
  • KevinMark wrote:
    Linxis wrote:
    KevinMark wrote:

I was going to say I noticed one time all my chars had same enviro value but the one making matches wasn't in the middle position when entering battle. I guess it's about decimals then. I didn't know that. Is there a list of those stats with decimals somewhere? Well, I guess I won't look that up. That'd be too fiddly.

I confirm: my hood has 45 in blue, same as my OBW. I can put OBW in the middle as much as I want, the Hood will always have precedence over OBW for blue, argh... So I guess the numbers are not integer.
  • I am also pretty sure that, assuming all 3 characters have the same environment tiles value (ie 3 for most of the char.), the weakest in terms of level one will get the environment tiles.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    KevinMark wrote:
    What's the deal with secondary (more expensive) environmental abilities? I never used them. Even if I saved up my e-tiles while collecting them, I don't see myself using them even at the end of the game because there aren't enough generated till a game ends. I can see them possibly being used in longer matches with people having over 5k health characters. Is that the case? Maybe maxed 3 star char players are able to use secondary environmental abilities?

I've found that Modern Storm's Red Ability lets me get off one or even two of the secondary environmental attacks depending on which minions I'm fighting. I can't think of any other abilities that let you suck them up so quickly though. Though with more moves like Black Panther, perhaps the developers will start lowering their costs.

Most of the environmental powers are not that great to begin with, though Forest Fire can be pretty awesome.
  • I have a puzzling question: In a battle or story I have one 1 of 4 rewards. But every single time I (re-)play the same mission all of the time, most of the time I get only 20 ISO-8. Is there away around it and are there improvements to be made in that area? I.E. first before you get ISO-8 X 20 you first have to clear all of the rewards first and then go get them. But even before them, I get very frustrated with the lack of rewards for the battle. icon_e_sad.gificon_cry.gif

I do not what else to say or what else to add other than poor reward scheme. And again very frustrating. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    StevenDoS wrote:
    I have a puzzling question: In a battle or story I have one 1 of 4 rewards. But every single time I (re-)play the same mission all of the time, most of the time I get only 20 ISO-8. Is there away around it and are there improvements to be made in that area? I.E. first before you get ISO-8 X 20 you first have to clear all of the rewards first and then go get them. But even before them, I get very frustrated with the lack of rewards for the battle. icon_e_sad.gificon_cry.gif

I do not what else to say or what else to add other than poor reward scheme. And again very frustrating. icon_e_sad.gif

The odds of the rewards are set before you start. Each reward has it's own odds (though for argument's sake let's just say each is 25% for 1 of 4), but after you win the odds don't change. Instead your odds are the same for the other 3 rewards, and in place of the 1st reward you have collected is the 20 Iso.

Since it doesn't show which 20 Iso you are collecting, it seems like it's getting worse each time you win a real reward. But in reality you have a 25% chance to get the reward you still want, 25% chance to get 20 Iso, 25% chance to get another 20 Iso, and 25% chance to get a 3rd set of 20 Iso. Mathematically speaking you have 75% chance of getting 20 & the same 25% chance to get that last reward.

I honestly think it would feel less frustrating if each reward was replaced with a different valued Iso group. Then it would be more apparent that you received something different. Make the 1st one 20 Iso, 2nd one 10, 3rd 30, & the last one 20 again. Heck, they could even make it reset back to 20 Iso after all the rewards are collected.
  • I'm not sure if someone has asked this question or not. anyways, here I go:

When I return to missions in the prologue that I have already completed but have not got all four rewards, I will win the mission but only get 20 ISO and not the rewards. It is really annoying, and I feel like I am wasting my hero's health. Why does it do that? Is there anything that can be done by the developers?
  • What do the Web bandages that Spidey and Venom have do? I know with Venom that if there are six, he completely kills his opponent, But what about Spidey? and what does Invisible Woman's Blue power mean?

Force Bubbles:
    Susan focuses her power to lock the enemy... Locks two chosen tiles in Force Bubbles before creating a Blue protect tile with a strength of 42.
  • What do the Web bandages that Spidey and Venom have do? I know with Venom that if there are six, he completely kills his opponent, But what about Spidey? and what does Invisible Woman's Blue power mean?

You can look at the character skills compendium for power descriptions: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2946

Spider-Man's yellow power consumes all the web tiles on the board (this includes any placed by the other team), and heals the team based on the number of web tiles removed. His purple power can place more protect tiles based on the number of web tiles on the board.

As for Invisible Woman -- she creates a special bubble effect around tiles. They can't be moved (and I think any countdown on the tile is stopped), and making a match that includes them only destroys the bubble, not the tile. Useful for restricting your opponent's ability to do, well, pretty much anything.
  • When I return to missions in the prologue that I have already completed but have not got all four rewards, I will win the mission but only get 20 ISO and not the rewards. It is really annoying, and I feel like I am wasting my hero's health. Why does it do that? Is there anything that can be done by the developers?
    It's intentional -- you have a 50/50 chance of getting one of the rewards if there are any left, or a 20 ISO consolation prize (the first time you succeed at a mission, you always get a reward). If you always got one of the rewards, missions would be pretty much used up after the first four playthroughs, so this strings them out longer and adds an element of chance. It's not that popular with a lot of players, though.
  • Can you influence what environment your defensive battles take place in?
  • abacus wrote:
    Can you influence what environment your defensive battles take place in?
    Not that I am aware of.
  • Question - I'm avoiding levelling my 3* characters beyond lv85 because of worries that having characters of that level will put me in a higher opponent bracket. At the moment I'm nearly always fighting teams of lv85 players (or lower) with the very rare higher level team, despite winning the vast majority of my matches and ranking top 5 or 10 in most of the last 10 events.

Are opponent brackets somewhat determined by the highest level of your characters, or am I just being overly cautious?
  • It's supposed to be driven by your win/loss record, not directly by what level your characters are.

I think that the slow 2* -> 3* transition may create a huge bump of players who have maxed 2*s as their best possible team, so even as you raise your MMR by winning, you're still seeing mostly players of that sort.