What kind of PvE event do you prefer?

Colognoisseur
Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
edited May 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Thought I'd go at the poll tried earlier from a different tack since you can't list the individual PvE events all in one poll I generalized them. i think I caught all of the permutations which currently exist.

I can't change the poll choice but as pointed out below the fourth entry should correctly read:

4-Day Event 1 X 2-day sub + 2 X 1-day sub

What kind of PvE event do you prefer? 124 votes

7-Day event
18%
Dragon_Nexusafsplatmohioacescrackedbobby_2613The rockettrg72shadowyoshiSteve111brollBubba3210Player1575grannePritirusLifeofAgonySpace DwarfNotBAMFShintok17ThinktwiceBigSoftieFF 23 votes
4-day event, 4 X 1-day subs
5%
Doc LErunner1201Sim MayorBrigadierbleuqandolsBlackWidowerMonotone 7 votes
4-day event, 2 X 2-day subs
8%
seshomamoss04MoosePrimetph_jamestchipleycrackninjaPtahhotepcgrubb80Ares76skittledaddy 10 votes
4-day event, 1 X 2-day sub + 3 X 1-Day sub
4%
ZeiramMRStevO-JZootSaxstochasticismbluewolfWumpushunter 6 votes
3-Day Event
15%
SpiritclawColognoisseurTiggidaferaldayorrdvargas1PessiKrongle[Deleted User]Bruinsfan17658Alfje17METT-T dependentvinsensualSt_BernadusLordRaynePolly_P1twistmonkeymadoctorAlexNapalm 19 votes
Gauntlet
9%
slartiSkrimgeourSymmeTreyChipster22Trilateralusevade420rastafari7mega ghostDyingLegendJomu5marshallceevee33 12 votes
Boss Events
32%
DormammuPorkBellyYasuruYu-teaxKOBALTxT_REZ5000Punter1JexmanabmorazdivouneStax the FoyerudonomefooPunisher5784BasepuzzlerCPD01bazalenkoprofessorplum9WEBGASThe Viceroy ReturnsRazamataz 40 votes
No Preference
5%
KolencerixmithPolarPopBearTony_Footfreeuser0991NotwenJrlrma 7 votes

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    7-Day event
    I love 7 day Events. Rewards are great plus all the sub rewards. 
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    Boss Events

Is there a difference in rewards between a 7x24 and 3x24 + 4x24?  Isn't the latter the same but with more rewards overall? 2 x prog + 2 x placement? 

I know the 7-day prog and placement have some adjustment but does it equally match?

Overall - I prefer the boss events 'cos they're different and the 8 hour timer with shorter clears I prefer to the 24hr grind one.  I'd like them to have more rewards and to adjust the side node scaling obviously.

• mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    7-Day event
    Not to be "that guy" but the 3rd 4-day event should be 1x 2-day and 2x 1-day. I think most people will get it, but if you can edit it, you might want to just for clarity/correctness.

Most of the 7-day events (maybe all?) have a 2 day sub, so I'll vote for those. I like having a day off here and there, but the back to back 2-day subs like in DP vs. MPQ is a bit much (although that is a fun event despite the format).

Not that it's part of the question but Gauntlet would be last for me...unless they figure a way to make the rewards reasonable compared to a "normal" event. 
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    7-Day event
    Would have voted for the Gauntlet too but I can only cast one vote. I like the Gauntlet’s set up.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    other, the ones with a lot of tokens,  so nodes with multiple waves and i need to have the required 5*
    no 2 day subs , for same reason

Gauntlet comment- I love gauntlet just for gameplay but the rewards are just atrocious - I like simulator because of the team combos too
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boss Events
    I like the ones with a bunch of goons that takes me about 30 min to burn through so I can move on to something more interesting. PvE is just a big field where I harvest ISO.

But I love boss events. They're my favorite thing in the game.
  • Erunner1201
    Erunner1201 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    4-day event, 4 X 1-day subs
    I like the 4-day and 3-day events 1 sub per day. This allows me flexibility to move around per event due to real life.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    Boss Events
    Due to the unhealthy grind over the last two years I can only play the boss events and the command point node on Deadpool daily.

When I did play pve I liked Deadpool Vs MPQ and The Hunt as they are players with a life friendly.
    4-day event, 2 X 2-day subs

I also loved the Gauntlet, play when you want and if you want. It was the ultimate test of your roster. Why they removed it is beyond me.
    Smh

• n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Why do we need to choose?  All of them, for variety.  Run them all regularly
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know that I've ever had the opportunity to do a Guantlet; I vaguely recall Heroics. 

When we talk about a "boss event," are we talking about Alliance Events, or just events with bosses in them like Strange Sights? Because I like the novelty gameplay we get in actual boss fights, but I really hate that 8-hour refresh on alliance fights coupled with the iso draught; seems like i'm always racing to champ a 4* when one of those comes around.

• NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    7-Day event

1. 7 Day Event

2. Boss/Alliance Event

3. 4 Day event, 2x 48 hour nodes

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boss Events

I enjoy Boss events because we can finish them early. It is the only event that allows me more flexibility on when I can play because I am not dealing with Subs everyday (or two). I also get a nice break for a day or two instead of jumping right into the next event.

• Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    3-Day Event
    n25philly said:
    Why do we need to choose?  All of them, for variety.  Run them all regularly
    That is what the "No Preference" answer indicates.
  • T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Boss Events
    Boss events are the only thing that I really enjoy in this game.  I will actually fight the boss a few times after getting all the rewards just for fun.

Everything else in this game I do for the shiny rewards.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    I hate boss events because the scaling is the same for everyone. why run 9 CLS based on static enemy level then run 450 level bosses and stupidly leveled side fights.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    No Preference
    I don't particularly like events with 48 hour subs. 

I like events that have waves nodes that provide for many extra tokens

I like events that have one time nodes with a nice big ISO bonus

I prefer events where you have one Essential node for the whole event that you grind down once per day, as opposed to each sub having the Essential character node you have to grind six times each day with a team that often doesn't work together very well

I like events that have more interesting opponents (Simulator, Gauntlet)

I like that boss events give me more freedom of choosing when to do my clears. But I"m not as fond of having to find three different times during the day to play. 

I like the play of the Gauntlet even if the rewards need updating

I like events with good or amusing writing (Webbed Wonder, Deadpool vs. MPQ) even if I don't read it after playing the event a number of times

So I guess the ideal event would have 1 Essential node for the whole event, all subs 24 hours long, each one having a wave node that gives out tokens and a one-time bonus ISO node where you fight a mix of goon teams and interesting trios that has good writing.

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the 4-day events with one lazy day thrown in there for the heck of it.  
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    7-Day event
    Punter1 said:

Is there a difference in rewards between a 7x24 and 3x24 + 4x24?  Isn't the latter the same but with more rewards overall? 2 x prog + 2 x placement? 

I know the 7-day prog and placement have some adjustment but does it equally match?

Overall - I prefer the boss events 'cos they're different and the 8 hour timer with shorter clears I prefer to the 24hr grind one.  I'd like them to have more rewards and to adjust the side node scaling obviously.

You get 2-4* covers in prog.  You get more CPs.  
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Length of PVE doesn't concern  me too much.  My favorites are those that have:

1) Lots of wave nodes/tokens
    2) No Dark Avengers
    3) A fat sack of iso (or a 4* cover) at the end of each day's sub.

Favorites are:  Hearts of Darkness, Enemy of the State, Prodigal Son, Strange Sights, Simulator, the Howard one.

Least favorites: The Hunt, The Hulk, Wakanda

Boss events are fun but I don't like how finishing early leaves you with upwards of a day and a half of nothing to do.  I loved Civil War because it took the full length of the event to max prog on both.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Boss Events
    Boss events are always welcomed, but I miss the old Gauntlet too