Wakanda Supports Are Coming! *Updated (5/17/18)

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's the thing though, the fact that they've offered insultingly bad deals around supports yet again leads me to believe that the previous offers were actually profitable for them. So I'm also very mad at the players that have taught them that this behavior is not only acceptable but have reinforced it financially.
    None of the offers have been identical.  It’s likely they are trying different combinations of items to see what might be more appealing. 

One issue is that covers are the concrete item in any pack and have differing values based on the character.  Buying a 5* Thanos for CP comes a lot closer to making sense than 4BP, both in terms of roster value and your likelihood of just pulling a cover.  My 4BP is already over 280.

So really, they can’t make a good assessment what we will pay for supports if they keep offering characters of different value.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Assuming that these are all direct dev quotes,  I thought some things are worth providing direct feedback.:

1.  I don't expect Supports will have a huge impact on top-end competitive PvE initially. Especially since it'll take some time for players to collect and level up Supports to a high level. But there are Perks that affect damage and would be relevant in situations where speed matters.
    2.  We'll be introducing more Supports in the future, so players should have a variety of them available to utilize and strengthen as you progress through the game.
    3.  This is a big change to the game, and it's possible that it could result in changes to the character schedule down the line. We're not in danger of running out of awesome Marvel characters any time soon, but part of what motivated this feature was thinking about what would let us continue to add exciting new things to the game for many years.
    4.  Everyone with a 3* or better gets the same starter batch of Supports.

Over time, though, folks with better rosters should have an easier time doing well in the ways that let you earn more Supports and strengthen them more quickly.
    5.  We’ll also be experimenting with different ways to get Supports and Red Iso-8. 

1.  I agree with his assessment and comment about the damage perks was on the money.  especially in situations where you can optimize the tanking profile to match with the powers that had odd requirements in strongest/weakest etc..

2.  no real comments here other than to say,  What the point of "more supports" if they aren't winnable/obtainable.  Are themed tokens like "wakanda" and "TBO" to be considered HTD (2 maybe 3 times a year) rarity or devil dino rarity (1 a year) or will the themed supports be made available on a consistent basis?

3.  No real comments on three other than to say,   The devs need to spend more time refining their rollout / execution plan/ schedule vs dreaming up new supports/chars.  There's no real advantage to dreaming up more products when no one can actually get the ones you've already built.  Spending some time to define "metrics" that measure player adoption/usage and tye those metrics to the flow of RISO and support tokens.  That approach alone would probably do more for customer satisfaction than shotgunning new characters and supports across the player base.

4. I suppose its true to say that bigger rosters win more HP, thus making it more feasible to whale vaults.  But honestly, I thought the idea was gonna be implemented via progresson/placement.  It seems incredibly roundabout to say bigger rosters win more hp, thus they can afford to whale vaults.

5.  I would be fine if they introduce some absurdly hard crafting mini game  (Like original puzzle quest) to win supports.  That would be fun and experimental.  However, tinkering with different price point combinations isn't what I would call "expermentation"
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Those quotes can be found in the first 4 pages of the first thread on Support. Here's the link:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/71834/brand-new-supports-feature-4-5-18/p1
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    There exists players below 5* and 4*. The typical offer for 4* deal is 7600HP. Only whales or veterans can afford this kind of deal. Those in between 2* to 4* might not have excess HP to make this purchase. It's going to take many months of saving HP before a 3* or new 4* players can buy this deal. Again, they would rather use it to buy rostwr slots. However, 250CP can be saved in a month or less for most of the 3* or 4* players. So, I think I'm jumping on 4* BP deal.
    To be fair, based on my experiences when I was hoarding as a 4 star player, 250 CP was earned faster than 7600 HP.  But just pointing this out doesn't explain why a theoretical player, at a point where HP is rare but CP is not (while still being at a point where they're hoarding hundreds of CP) would feel compelled to buy this anyways.  They'd have to be a big fan of Wakanda/BP and a big fan of supports. 
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    They are trying hard to transition gameplay by using the influence of the Magic the Gathering card game. Supports remind me of artifacts that you can attach to your creature for more attack or defense points.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited May 2018
    Actually support was suggested by MPQ players as far as a year ago...

Because the deal is affordable and gives a Master Token that gives a guaranteed Rank 4 Support or higher, and it gives 3 Basic Support Token, so you can max out your support faster, which means every other dupe would be Riso. I think level 2 dupes give 7000 Riso. 
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    You are releasing too many supports all at once without increasing ways to earn the tokens to get them or the Red ISO to level them. I hope this feedback is being noted.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    There exists players below 5* and 4*. The typical offer for 4* deal is 7600HP. Only whales or veterans can afford this kind of deal. Those in between 2* to 4* might not have excess HP to make this purchase. It's going to take many months of saving HP before a 3* or new 4* players can buy this deal. Again, they would rather use it to buy rostwr slots. However, 250CP can be saved in a month or less for most of the 3* or 4* players. So, I think I'm jumping on 4* BP deal.
    To be fair, based on my experiences when I was hoarding as a 4 star player, 250 CP was earned faster than 7600 HP.  But just pointing this out doesn't explain why a theoretical player, at a point where HP is rare but CP is not (while still being at a point where they're hoarding hundreds of CP) would feel compelled to buy this anyways.  They'd have to be a big fan of Wakanda/BP and a big fan of supports. 
    In my experience , my rate of earning HP is way higher than rate of earning CP.  When current season started, I had around 4k HP and 4200 CP (I have been hoarding almost since Thor left Latest). I have currently about 11k HP and 4500 CP. HP flows almost like water. CP is still very limited (Removal of progression CP in win-based PvP was one of the contributing factors for failure of win based, besides the ridiculously high win numbers required). YMMV of course
  • hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    I lost some info about supports. Do we get Children of Thanos and Infinity Stones in basic supports tokens? Or it was just one time vault and tokens? I'm asking, cause should I try to pull something out of this one before there gone?
  • HoundofShadow
    edited May 2018
    The first stone, Reality Stone, can be found as a placement reward in season PvP, beginning from SCL 6. It looks like it could be the same for the other 5 stones.

For now, it looks like neither the Children of Thanos supports nor the Infinity Stones can be found in your "normal" support token. 

To quote this from Brigby's post regarding Wakanda store:
    Has all the contents of the Supports Comic Store plus the five new Wakanda Supports
    I guess it would include only the original 14 supports + 5 Wakanda Supports. The store where Children of Thanos supports reside is called the Black Order store. Again, this is a guess. We are 9 hours away from knowing the answer.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think we need more supports and less ways to get them. Also - the flow of RISO is too strong. SMH
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know I wont pull any of these so I shall continue pumping my RISO into my 4* Wong. Up to level 61 now. 
  • HoundofShadow
    For them to increase the odds to 1:29, the Wakanda Supports at Rank 5 must be pretty good. I believe the rate for Black Order store is 1:10?
  • bluewolf
    The Supports are viewable in your Supports tab. Two are Black Panther only, one has a 5BP Perk. At least there aren’t any Villain only Supports this time.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    5 new supports! 

40% can be equipped to a single character
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Current mood:

• bluewolf
    fmftint said:
    5 new supports! 

40% can be equipped to a single character
    Of which there are 3 versions....one could argue one of the other supports should be BP only so they can all be supported appropriately....?
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looking at the actual Supports:

• Kimoyo Beads gives a banner-less pure stat boost for up to rank 2 (like Sharon Carter who does that for ranks 1-3).
    • Is the Shuri perk for Shuri's Lab good? I haven't used her a lot to know if that is going to be a common occurrence. Guess I will know with the next event.
    Unfortunately, the offers are just not worth it to me outside of maybe some 100HP daily deals.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic said:
    I think we need more supports and less ways to get them. Also - the flow of RISO is too strong. SMH
     It is true.  When rational approaches/ideas fail.  Use the 3 year old reverse psycology trick.  LOL