Fun Moments of the Day

shardwick
shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
This is for when something fun or interesting happens and you want to talk about it but you don't think it qualifies for your "best" moment of the day.

Climbing in Thor pvp and I take a fight with Carol and Mordo. I'm using Carol and C&D. They're matching away blacks left and right like it's going out of style. I assumed that their strongest was black, it wasn't. Thor was their strongest character so it was red. No team damage. Grrrr. So they quickly get to eight or nine blacks and I'm getting ready for their Carol to fire off her black. She doesn't. Mordo fires his instead. I breathe a sigh of relief. I can almost hear her screaming at him. "Why would you do that?! My black is more powerful than yours you tinykitty!!!!" I then snatch up his yummy charged black tiles and then one shot her in the face with my Carol.

Comments

• IceHockey333
    IceHockey333 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    I only had Thanos, Panther, StarLord, Hawkeye, as my 5 star champs. For most SCL9 5 star essential nodes I need to use Hawkeye/Coulson after the first few clears, but the Royal Family node and the Luke/Fist/Mockingbird node are too difficult even for Hawkson.

Enter Peter Parker. I had a great run of luck recently and decided to take the plunge and champ him. Now I can win those killer nodes with Vulture Parker! Today I needed to run +4 Silver and an MBW team up to extra-stun Luke, but I got there.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the node against 5* Doctor Octopus in the final node of Webbed Wonder, I had Mockingbird, Kate Bishop, and Rogue. After building up 6+ AP in each color, Doc cascaded into multiple 4 matches.

Let's just say he got more than his fair share of arrows afterwards haha.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Anon said:
    In the node against 5* Doctor Octopus in the final node of Webbed Wonder, I had Mockingbird, Kate Bishop, and Rogue. After building up 6+ AP in each color, Doc cascaded into multiple 4 matches.

Let's just say he got more than his fair share of arrows afterwards haha.
    I love Mockingbird so much. I think my main Shield team is now Mockingbird, MEHulk and America. I fought a team earlier in Shield Sim of 3* Hulk, Loki and Mockingbird. I let them have some match 4s. At one time my Bobbi had like six bombshell tiles on the board. Loki ate criticals, the enemy MB ate a bombshell and Hulk ate a bombshell but didn't die. He was down to like 300 health and a simple match would down him but MEHulk insisted that I gamma bomb him. What MEHulk wants, MEHulk gets.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Was doing the Cat5 pvp when I reached 575 points for the 10 CP. It also happened to be the same time I hit 2700 for the season for another 10 CP. It was fun watching both 10 CP rewards come in at the same time.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hit exactly 900 for my Creepy Bobby cover from Cat-5. Especially nice since one of my earlier hops got derailed when I forgot just how long it takes to play against Coulson/Hawkeye, and got hit like 4 times in the process.
  • Kahmon
    Fun moments of the Thanos event has been seeing what Main Event Hulk does before I even get a turn.
    I got turn 0 wins as late as round 6, and still got turn 1 wins in round 8.

Matching the blue gem is like opening a Christmas present and being surprised by what color you get 30 ap in. My favorite was purple and using Gamma Powerbomb!

Now that my alliance completed the event I get to send oddball teams for kicks just to see what happens. I just sent in a team of limited characters: Devil Dinosaur, Howard, and Bagman. I didn't plan to win. It was just to be silly, but it still won!
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kahmon said:

Matching the blue gem is like opening a Christmas present and being surprised by what color you get 30 ap in. My favorite was purple and using Gamma Powerbomb!

I liked getting 30 red with Hulkbuster.  My son got 30 purple AP with 3-star Iron Fist, which led to all sorts black tiles showing up on the board...
  • Kahmon
    I was having trouble withe the 5th clear 5* CapBeard node in Unstable iso8 so I decided to tryva different approach. I was going yo bring in Deadpool and Scarlet Witch and just whales them, but opted to use Nightcrawler instead of DP.

After making some purple matches, SWitch put a bunch of purple tiles on the board. It was bamfing time! The purple started flooding. I had so many I started casting reality crush, just to use up purple. At one point though, it switched to red. No problem. A match 5, then back to purple. Bamfinite is so much fun when it works!
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    Logging off  MPQ and playing marvel strike force.  :D

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kahmon said:
    I was having trouble withe the 5th clear 5* CapBeard node in Unstable iso8 so I decided to tryva different approach. I was going yo bring in Deadpool and Scarlet Witch and just whales them, but opted to use Nightcrawler instead of DP.

After making some purple matches, SWitch put a bunch of purple tiles on the board. It was bamfing time! The purple started flooding. I had so many I started casting reality crush, just to use up purple. At one point though, it switched to red. No problem. A match 5, then back to purple. Bamfinite is so much fun when it works!
    I tried Bamfinite on the final "No Required Character" node.  I forgot that the 2-star Bullseye in the node would make a hefty Protect Tile with every Purple Match...   :#
  • TPF Alexis
    Today, in things I never thought I would say: "Wow, I'm glad Kraven is boosted!" ;)
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Today, in things I never thought I would say: "Wow, I'm glad Kraven is boosted!" ;)
    Today in things I never thought I would say:
    "wow, I'm glad I have a championed Venom" 

Ghost Rider, Venom and Vulture vs Ultron and all the shields. 
  • TPF Alexis
    I'm using MEHulk in the Galactus event, just because the image of him powerbombing Galactus is hilarious. Cracks me up every time I finish a match with it :smiley:
  • Kahmon
    I'm using MEHulk in the Galactus event, just because the image of him powerbombing Galactus is hilarious. Cracks me up every time I finish a match with it :smiley:
    I loved doing that in the Thanos event when the blue stone would give purple. Against Galactus I've just been using him for opening carnage, but winning long before getting enough purple to gammabomb.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Kahmon said:
    I loved doing that in the Thanos event when the blue stone would give purple. Against Galactus I've just been using him for opening carnage, but winning long before getting enough purple to gammabomb.
    won my first match with a gammabomb, but all the other wins came at the end of a hulkbuster punch - running them with Hawkguy and its a race to see which big guy gets to end it
  • TPF Alexis
    Kahmon said:
    Thanos is more or less the same size category as Hulk, tho. Not nearly as amusing an image as Hulk picking up Galactus and slamming him back down.

Kahmon said:
    won my first match with a gammabomb, but all the other wins came at the end of a hulkbuster punch - running them with Hawkguy and its a race to see which big guy gets to end it
    I was thinking of doing that, but my Hulkbuster is too badly under-covered. And specifically, only has two covers in red :(
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    TPF Alexis said:
    Thanos is more or less the same size category as Hulk, tho. Not nearly as amusing an image as Hulk picking up Galactus and slamming him back down.

This does raise the question of which character power would be the most hilarious to finish Galactus with?  

Maybe a team based around Ant Man & Scarlet Witch for some Shrink/Grow action or Vulture, IM40 and Doreen for TurboSquirrels?   There’s always the old reliables of 3Cage’s uppercut or 3Pun’s red, just for the scale reasons you mentioned?  If you’re really looking for a challenge: Yelena’s Lethal Recon.  Including supports, there’s always the chance that Coulson’s Destroyer Gun does it if things go seriously south.  I already did it with Jessica Jone’s blue, which must certainly be in the running.  I’m sure I’m missing a ton of other amusing options...