Lord of Thunder PvP Event - 3/17/14

Comments

• I assume the presence of the 500 point 50hp is because there is no alliance bracket in this one.
  • Psylocke. I need.
  • Actually Thor is the GOD of Thunder.. **** since when was he demoted to a puny "Lord" ?

According to Wikipedia
    Lords of Thunder, known as Winds of Thunder (ウィンズ オブ サンダー?)[1] in Japan, is a shoot 'em up by Hudson Soft and Red Entertainment for the TurboDuo which was released in 1993.[4] It was ported to the Sega Mega-CD in 1995.[5] It was released on the Virtual Console on February 7, 2008 in PAL regions, February 11, 2008 in North America and in Japan on June 10, 2008. It is the unofficial follow-up to Gate of Thunder. The game is notable for its heavy metal soundtrack.

C'mon devs - get it right
  • Definitely looking forward to getting another Psylocke cover or two.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Microtom wrote:
    Strange, no event tokens.

Looks like the event token which while states is a "heroic" token is a "heroic event" token, so there it's characters from teh powered up heroic juggernaut event.
  • Heh. First match I bring up has me looking at a guy with a lvl 102 Thor that is buffed to 141.

I think I will sit this one out until the first round of Heroic Juggs ends.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Twysta wrote:
    Microtom wrote:

Looks like the event token which while states is a "heroic" token is a "heroic event" token, so there it's characters from teh powered up heroic juggernaut event.
    Those are "unstoppable" tokens
  • I could definitely use those covers. Oh well, going to aim for top 5 like usual.
  • Twysta
    Spoit wrote:
    Twysta wrote:
    Microtom wrote:

Well slap me and call me Betty. That's lame icon_e_sad.gif
  • Spoit wrote:
    Twysta wrote:
    Microtom wrote:

But the picture is of an event token and not a heroic one. They are trying to mind fcuk us. Only one way to find out. Get to 300.
  • Justdangit wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Twysta wrote:
    Microtom wrote:

But the picture is of an event token and not a heroic one. They are trying to mind fcuk us. Only one way to find out. Get to 300.

The popup when entering the tournament says Lazy Thor is guaranteed in Avengers 10-pack.
    But no such pack exists.
  • Twysta
    x-x-everywhere-meme-generator-bugs-bugs-everywhere-a89d02.jpg
  • morphy wrote:
    YAY! *Another* PVP to TANK!

I already have a maxed out Psylocke , bleah....

How the hell did u achieve that? OMG, I have always wanted Psylocke and I try to get her but I never do... grr.
  • It sounds like there's supposed to be a token associated with this event but I sure don't see it anywhere on the reward list or the recruit hero screen.
  • I confirm that 300 progression reward is a simple Heroic token.
  • combustiblesta"]x-x-everywhere-meme-generator-bugs-bugs-everywhere-a89d02.jpg[/quote]

IceIX needs to post a memed out version of Mr. Boogey Man cry/yelling about his bugs in response lol.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    morphy wrote:
    YAY! *Another* PVP to TANK!

I already have a maxed out Psylocke , bleah....

How the hell did u achieve that? OMG, I have always wanted Psylocke and I try to get her but I never do... grr.
    Yes, I want Psylocke too. And Emma Frost... and X-23. icon_twisted.gif
  • The popup when entering the tournament says Lazy Thor is guaranteed in Avengers 10-pack.
    But no such pack exists.

They got lazy and didnt add a pack for this event. They must think that with the current pack for heroic mode, people wouldnt notice. Laziness, fitting theme for this tourney i guess.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let's see who are the possible characters for Avengers 10 pack:

***Thor
    **Thor
    ***Wolverine
    **Wolverine
    **Hawkeye
    ***Spider-Man
    **OBW
    ***GSBW
    **Captain America
    ***IM40
    ***Black Panther
    ***Hulk

Wolverine has been off and on with the Avengers, but if we're going with the core team then take him out it'll be exactly 10 possible covers. IMHO Bagman most likely won't be in cos he's wearing FF costume. >.<

So a Avengers 10 pack will guarantee one Thor and the remaining 9 will be Hawkeye/Captain America. LOL!
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    kensterr wrote:
    So a Avengers 10 pack will guarantee one Thor and the remaining 9 will be Hawkeye/Captain America. LOL!
    I see you have the same luck as me lol