What 1 character do you want in the game. Your hypothetical selling story to D3/Demi.

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards

I was thinking of what cool new type of character that could be adding to this game.  Instead of everybody listing a ton, was thinking of a different way to do this in a positive way.

Imagine that you had a chance to be able to sit down and sell D3/Demi on an idea of a new character in MPQ, this is totally my wheel house.  Here are the ground rules

1. You can only pick 1 character per post
  2. List the * level.
  3. They must be relevant in the following Media/Print outlets.  MCU, Marvel TV, Marvel Comic books, Fox TV, Fox Movies, Sony Movies, etc.
  4. List powers or idea for powers.
  5. Closing the deal on why they should be added.

Add your thoughts down below.  You never know what could happen. 

Comments

• slabag
    slabag Posts: 12 Just Dropped In

Fun idea, Rockett!

Character: Domino

Start level: 5*

Relevance: Posed to be the breakout character from Deadpool 2, and upcoming X-force film.

Powers:

Fall into Place (passive) - things have a habit of falling into place for Domino. If Domino has between 5-10 team ap, match fours produce critical tiles and grant another turn. If domino has between 10-20 team up ap add five tiles of Domino’s strongest color to the board. If Domino has between 20-30 team up ap, the board drop will be weighted to the enemy teams weakest color. At the start of the turn destroy 3 team up ap from the players pool.

Silent But Deadly - 12 Blue AP

As a mercenary Domino knows the value of silence. She uses her sniper rifle to take out targets from afar. Fires a shot has a 50% chance of dealing 21238 damage to the enemy.  If the shot is successful this power becomes “The Hard Way.”

If the shot misses, gain 10 blue AP and place a three turn fortified countdown tile that disables this power while Domino scrambles for cover. If tile is destroyed this power becomes “The Hard Way.”

The Hard Way - 6 Blue Ap

He cover blown Domino goes in hand guns blazing. Fires three shots at the enemy team that do 2567 damage each.

Catch Me if You Can - 8 Yellow Ap

Domino darts around the battlefield relying on her luck and skill to baffle the enemy. Create a 3 turn countdown tile, while this tile is on the board, Domino is immune to airborne and stun and damage is reduced by 75%.

Closing Pitch - Domino is on the verge of massive public exposure, let’s be ahead of the curve on this one. He luck powers bring an interesting spin on powers are not currently in the game.

• Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I'm sorry but I know he is not relevant to MCU or anything, but I have always been a fan of Mr. Sinister. We need more villains.
  • redviper85
    redviper85 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Disclaimer: I am making no judgments on anyone's views but since he was in the comics with luke cage and SHIELD he technically qualifies. 

Character: Donald Trump

Level : 5 

Relevance: submitting due to loophole/technicality 

Colors:

Red: "Little Rocket Man" - With a plethora of nuclear warheads pointed at your face, Trump brings the fire and fury
    -10 Red :  Deal 15,000 AOE damage to the enemy team
    -Spend 35 Red to vaporize the entire team

White (TU) - "...and you're gonna pay for it"  Through the art of negotiation Trump takes your resources
    -Passive ( if your team has over 15 TU you use the opponents AP first when firing any powers) 

Blue: "get 'em out!" With 3-little words an enemy is ejected from the game for X turns
    -8 Blue; Target is dealt 9,110 damage, stunned, and takes 25% extra damage while stunned

Closing pitch - it's gonna be great, the best thing you've ever seen! Ever!
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Disclaimer: I am making no judgments on anyone's views but since he was in the comics with luke cage and SHIELD he technically qualifies. 

Level : 5 

Relevance: submitting due to loophole/technicality 

Colors:

Red: "Little Rocket Man" - With a plethora of nuclear warheads pointed at your face, Trump brings the fire and fury
    -10 Red :  Deal 15,000 AOE damage to the enemy team
    -Spend 35 Red to vaporize the entire team

White (TU) - "...and you're gonna pay for it"  Through the art of negotiation Trump takes your resources
    -Passive ( if your team has over 15 TU you use the opponents AP first when firing any powers) 

Blue: "get 'em out!" With 3-little words an enemy is ejected from the game for X turns
    -8 Blue; Target is dealt 9,110 damage, stunned, and takes 25% extra damage while stunned

Closing pitch - it's gonna be great, the best thing you've ever seen! Ever!
    I think you need a power like stacked deck.  Every turn trump generates 2 White AP and no ally can fire a power that is a different color than Trump’s.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018

Character:  Morph

Star Level:  4*

Relevance:  Part of the classic 90's X-Men cartoon. Member of the early 2000 Exiles team.

Powers:  

• Blue- 7 AP: Comic Relief-  Morph's playful side comes out, amusing some, while irritating others. The total number of enemy AP is added up and then evenly re-distributed across all colors.  

• Yellow-(passive):  The Changeling-  Morph turns into a different character every turn. If he turns into one of his allies, stun a random enemy for 2 turns. If he turns into one of the enemy, stuns himself for 1 turn.

• Red-5 AP:  Brainwashed- Morph has been brainwashed by the enemy and attacks his own team for 1280. This power becomes Rehabilitated for the rest of the game.

• Red-9 AP:  Rehabilitated- Having been rehabilitated by Professor X and his X-Men teammates, Morph once again uses his powers for good. Infiltrates and deals 4884 to the enemy team, and an extra 1264 to the target.

Closing argument:  I tried to play with the theme of a character who can be helpful at times, while detrimental at others, since he was sometimes a bad guy in the show, but re-deemed by the end.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,529 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018

Pretty sure I've done something similar before, but here goes:

Black Cat - 4*
    In comics, cartoons and hopefully in MCU soon!

Powers:

Stunning Beauty - 10 Blue
    Stun the opposing team for 2 turns, has no effect on monsters and robots. If opponent is Peter Parker, stun him for 5 turns instead.

Cat Burglar - 8 Black
    Steal 4 AP from the opponent's highest colored AP and deal 1500 damage.
    (Passive) As long as Black Cat is present, whenever the opponent makes a match or fires a power, there is a 13% chance that nothing happens.

Nine Lives - 9 Yellow
    Place 9 trap tiles on the board, whever Black Cat would take damage, remove 1 trap tile instead. If a trap tile is matched by you, give Black Cat +200 Health; If a trap tile is matched by the opponent, 200 damage is dealt to him.

Why? MPQ can use always more female Superheroes, Black Cat is a mainstay of the Spidey comics and, well, what else can I say? She's Black Cat!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Grey Hulk (Joe Fixit)

5*

why: Because we need a good Hulk (full disclosure: I happen to like Main Event Hulk but still)

The concept: I like the transforming aspect of the current Banner, I think that's a novel mechanic that just didn't quite work out. I think it would be better if this one had a passive Bannerform, with all the active powers happening after the transformation to Joe Fixit. Given that Grey Hulk used to only come out at night, I'd say this transformation should be based accruing on black AP.

I also like that Hulks are generally cascade generators (mostly), so I want to keep that going.

I'm not really sure what exactly I want his powers to cost, but I'd like to see him passively destroying black tiles as banner to collect AP, then over a certain (reasonable) threshold he would transform to Joe Fixit. As Joe, he should have a nuke that is somewhere between Rogue's green and Agent Venom's black for managing your black AP. Maybe he does more match damage while you have loads of AP, but if you fire the active and he falls below a certain black threshold it does a big nuke that may reduce him to bannerform. Maybe having separate health pools is too much, so the transformation could come with a heal going either way.

I like the mechanic of jessica jones making opposing traps, so maybe Banner could be passively laying down enemy traps that if the player matches them, accrue black ap as well. that fictionally hints at Banner not wanting to transform, but being sort of compelled to do it anyway every night. Maybe once you transform into hulk, these could persist and do bonus damage if you them. Also creates a little synergy with JJ there by having another 5* trapper.

He needs a dual-tommy gun move, probably clearing out multiple rows like a 90 degree version of Star Lord's A little bit of Both. Don't really care what color that happens on; maybe Purple or Blue

Gamma Powerbomb is awesome when it works; I'd love to see him have some sort of passive that creates a War Machine-like percentage that an incoming tile will be critical, or maybe a percentage that all incoming tiles will be black, which combined with row clearing from the previous power will create critical matches? Also it would be cool if a character had a significantly higher critical damage multiplier than others, even if it came at the expense of basic match damage. I could see that belonging to this Hulk, who was canonically not as strong as green hulks, but still got stronger with his rage.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Grey Hulk (Joe Fixit)

5*

why: Because we need a good Hulk (full disclosure: I happen to like Main Event Hulk but still)

The concept: I like the transforming aspect of the current Banner, I think that's a novel mechanic that just didn't quite work out. I think it would be better if this one had a passive Bannerform, with all the active powers happening after the transformation to Joe Fixit. Given that Grey Hulk used to only come out at night, I'd say this transformation should be based on accruing black AP.

I also like that Hulks are generally cascade generators (mostly), so I want to keep that going.

I'm not really sure what exactly I want his powers to cost, but I'd like to see him passively destroying black tiles as banner to collect AP, then over a certain (reasonable) threshold he would transform to Joe Fixit. As Joe, he should have a nuke that is somewhere between Rogue's green and Agent Venom's black for managing your black AP. Maybe he does more match damage while you have loads of AP, but if you fire the active and he falls below a certain black threshold it does a big nuke that may reduce him to bannerform. Maybe having separate health pools is too much, so the transformation could come with a heal going either way.

I like the mechanic of jessica jones making opposing traps, so maybe Banner could be passively laying down enemy traps that if the player matches them, accrue black ap as well. that fictionally hints at Banner not wanting to transform, but being sort of compelled to do it anyway every night. Maybe once you transform into hulk, these could persist and do bonus damage if you match/destroy them. Also creates a little synergy with JJ there by having another 5* trapper, and gets at Grey Hulk being more cunning than other hulks.

He needs a dual-tommy gun move, probably clearing out multiple rows like a 90 degree version of Star Lord's A little bit of Both. Don't really care what color that happens on; maybe Purple or Blue

Gamma Powerbomb is awesome when it works; I'd love to see him have some sort of passive that creates a War Machine-like percentage that an incoming tile will be critical, or maybe a percentage that all incoming tiles will be black, which combined with row clearing from the previous power will create critical matches? Also it would be cool if a character had a significantly higher critical damage multiplier than others, even if it came at the expense of basic match damage. I could see that belonging to this Hulk, who was canonically not as strong as green hulks, but still got stronger with his rage.
  • redviper85
    redviper85 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Straycat said:

Well, we do need more villains in the game.
    Little disappointed you didn't go for satire. Like have a move called tax cuts for the rich, where you gen ap in any pool that already has 10 ap. It also does self team damage, you know, for taking away healthcare. He should also have some perk for teaming with Colossus.

Didn't want to piss people off so i tried to stay as close to center as possible. I'd like a overall passive that says he claims to have all 7 color powers but the opponent doesn't know which 3 he is actually bringing to the battle. like a cross between moonkinght and his tax information. 

Teaming with colossus should reduce his health to 1 but creates a 90K health democrat that all damage gets deflected to. 
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    World War Hulk 5*

Green - Smash xAP
    Hulk smashes opponent for xxxxx points. Destroys all anger tiles, not generating AP, dealing yyy points for each tile destroyed.
    Damage increases per level.

Red - Stronger Than All
    Humans betrayed Hulk, now Hulk is mad!
    X red AP, Hulk screams in rage across the battlefield getting angrier and stronger, creating an anger tile
    Passive: while there are friendly anger tiles on the board, Match damage from Hulk is increased by xxx per anger tile
    level 1 creates 1 anger tile, match damage increased by xxx
    2 creates 2 anger tiles
    3 creates 2 anger tiles, damage increase yyy
    4 creates 3 anger tiles, damage increase yyy
    5 creates 3 tiles + opponent is stunned by the Shockwave from his shout

Black - Anger
    Passive: When Hulk is hurt for >5% of health, create a 2 turn Anger tile that when resolved turns 3 basic tiles to green. 
    2 covers - converts 4 tiles
    3 covers - converts 4 tiles and creates 1 strike tile xxx
    4 covers - converts 5 tiles and creates 1 strike tile xxx
    5 covers - converts 5 tiles and creates 2 strike tiles xxx

Hulk gets angry when he gets hurt, and the angrier he gets, the stronger he gets, to the point that a riled up Hulk can take Black Bolt's voice full in the face and ask who's next. We need a powerful Hulk, right?
  • The rockett
    Sim Mayor said:

Character:  Nebula

Star Level:  4*

Relevance: Regular appearances in the Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers comics, several cartoons, both GotG movies, and now Avengers movie(s). 

Powers:  

• Black - 9AP: Mad Titan's Daughter - Creates a 5-turn black countdown tile. While it is on the board, the enemy's weakest color is Nebula's team's strongest, increasing its match damage to 1 point more than the highest match damage for her team. The countdown tile goes up by one every time Nebula's team matches this color.

• Blue - 14AP: Space Pirate - Nebula's team of pirates smashes into the enemy forces with a broadside attack! Drains all AP from Nebula's team's strongest colored pool and does damage to the enemy team equal to the match-damage for that pool. If Mad Titan's Daughter is active, this power does double damage.

• Purple - Passive: The Second Deadliest Woman: Nebula spent her life training against her sister Gamora, and knows how to counter all of her tricks. Enemy passive powers will not fire unless the enemy team has at least 5AP in the power's color.

Closing argument:  Nebula was the surprise break-out character in the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie, earning her a bigger role in the second. Based on the source material, she is likely poised to play a key role in one or both of the Avengers movies as well. 
    I like it!!!!!
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler

Character:  Longshot

Star Level:  4*

Relevance:  At various times has been member of both X-Men and X-Factor, has been in the animated TV show.

Powers:

• Green, Lucky Shot - destroys tiles and creates a countdown that increases odds of new tiles being green, black, or yellow
    • Black, Fan of Knives - does low-medium team damage and creates critical tiles
    • Yellow - Genetically Engineered - (passive) when either team matches a critical tile it heals Longshot and destroys an enemy special tile.

Closing Arguments:  He's longtime lover to Dazzler and her baby-daddy, so...

• The rockett

Character:  Red Skull

Star Level:  5*

Relevance:  Red Skull is in the MCU and is active again  

Powers:   

• Black- Passive:  Resurrection:  While the world thought Red Skull was dead, he laid in wait for his chance to strike back.  Places a 3 turn count down on the board   If the timer goes off, does 5,000 damage to the target.  If the team has hero’s on it, will place strike tiles down for each hero at a 1000 damage level.   If your team has any Villians, will double these strike tiles damage numbers. 

Black-Passive:  Strategic Genius:  If any strike tiles on the board once the timer goes off, it will double the damage of each strike tile.  

• Red-9AP:  Dust of Death-  Red Skull throws his poison gas at the target.  Does 17,000 damage and puts a 3 turn count down timer.  If the timer goes off, the target loses another 50% Health.  

• Yellow-12 AP:  The Soul Protector:  Red Skull has paid his due for touching the Tesseract.  Since then, Red Skull has learned many secrets.  He uses those secrets and hits the all  opponents with an AOE damage of 15,000  

Closing argument:  We need Villains in a bad way. Red Skull has been a long time Villain in Marvel and is in the MCU.  It is time for Red Skull to make his way into the game. Hail Hydra!!
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker

Character:  Kitty Pryde

Star Level:  4*

Relevance:  Leader of the X-Men.

Powers:  

• Blue-9 AP -- Sinking Feeling.  Kitty pushes the targeted enemy into a solid object, stunning them and dropping protect tiles.

• Purple-8 AP:  Vigilance.  Place a countdown tile on the board, and destroy an enemy special tile.  If Kitty or an ally would take X or more damage destroy one of these countdown tiles and negate the damage, as Kitty phases out of harm's way.

• Yellow-Passive:  Coordination.  When a friendly countdown tile expires, place a countdown tile on the board that will deal a small amount of damage and destroys an enemy special tile when it goes off.

Closing argument:  Lockheed (her dragon) would make an excellent support.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Emma Frost 4 Star

She has been in several movies.

The one female character that they cant mess up the costume.
    A mutant. A throw back type character. Potential balance with mockingbird's feminist agenda.

Hard as diamonds. Passive Yellow Produces a protect tile every turn up to 6.

Telekinetic attack green.  Does x amount of damage to lowest health enemy.

Fan service purple attack.  Stuns all male opponents for x turns, enrages all female opponents for x turns.

• purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Uatu the watcher

5* Limited in standards ~1:1602
    Relevance: spotted in MCU with stan the man, What If?

Powers:
    1) 5 blue - Blue Area of the Moon - reveals all hidden enemy special tiles/traps, gain AP of that color for each tile revealed this way

2)aBlack Passive- Violate his Oath - 
     if an ally would be downed instead heal them for x% and stun them for y turns, this power becomes Original Sin

2)bBlack Passive- Original Sin -
    If one does not exist create a fortified black countdown tile on the board, when this countdown expires uatu is killed. If the CD tile is matched away this power becomes Violate his Oath.
    At the beginning of your turn fortify a black countdown tile.

3) 5 Yellow - What If?
    fires a random TU. can be any team up; not only one in your library but the level would have to be random, so you might drop a level 25 Devour or blast a 500 Cosmic beam.

Final Pitch:
    Fast, powerful but random. Breaks the fourth wall so a good Limited candidate. The ultimate easter egg!

• jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2018
    Agree with @The rockett on Legion. Otherwise, I wrote this for Kool-Aid Man back in December...

Relevancy: he would join Howard the Duck in a new PVE that rewards his covers, and it is a way to get him into the MCU as an Easter Egg, similar to how Tobias Funke was in the new Avengers or how Howard the Duck was in the first GotG. 

5* Kool-Aid Man

Red/Blue/Purple

Pack a Punch - 6 AP (Red)

Thrawrt those pesky robbers!! Kool Aid Man travels back in time to deliver a punch to the enemy. Deals 8000 damage and creates a 4-turn countdown tile. While this tile is on the board, all tiles will have a 60% chance of being red, blue or purple.

Got the Kool-Aid Blues? - 8 AP (Blue)

Are you down from not having any Kool-Aid? Kool-Aid Man is here to the rescue!! Deals 300 damage for each tile on the board in the enemy’s strongest color, then turns those tiles into Red, Blue or Purple Tiles. *If enemy and Kool-Aid Man both share strongest color, damage is increased by 150 for each tile.

OH YEAAHH!!! - 10 AP (Purple)

Kool-Aid Man is here to quench your thirst!! Bursts through the poorly built brick wall the enemy has built, destroying a 4 x 4 block of tiles in the middle of the board, then destroys 9 random tiles, dealing 4000 damage. Block of tiles do not gain AP but 9 random tiles gain AP for Kool-Aid Man.

(PASSIVE) If any tiles destroyed are red, blue or purple, gives allies burst of 800 health for each random tile destroyed.

Final pitch: it’s the *removed expletive* Kool-Aid Man.

*This post was edited to remove offensive language. - fight4thedream