Recycling 2* farm

2»

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Loosie said:
    Loosie said:
    I guess I could be considered transitioning to 4* land. the real slow down for me is HP. I've got a good 2* farm going and loads of ISO right now. I have all the 3* fully champ, with 13 at 200+. I have most of the 4*s (only 16 missing) with Fury champed and Fisk 3 covers away from being champed.

I just started banking the DDQ tokens as per an alliance mate, so I figure once that gets going my HP will start going up and I'll really starting moving into 4* land.
    Just remember that "loads of ISO" is realllly subjective.  It costs around 380k to champ a 4*... 
    Oh I know. I currently have nearly 2M. Once I really get going with the 4* covers it won't be enough, especially when I start champing.
    It's enough to champ around half a dozen fourstars. It's a start at least... Then you just have 90% of the tier left!
  • NeonBlue
    NeonBlue Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2018
    Quebbster said:
    Loosie said:
    Loosie said:
    I guess I could be considered transitioning to 4* land. the real slow down for me is HP. I've got a good 2* farm going and loads of ISO right now. I have all the 3* fully champ, with 13 at 200+. I have most of the 4*s (only 16 missing) with Fury champed and Fisk 3 covers away from being champed.

I just started banking the DDQ tokens as per an alliance mate, so I figure once that gets going my HP will start going up and I'll really starting moving into 4* land.
    Just remember that "loads of ISO" is realllly subjective.  It costs around 380k to champ a 4*... 
    Oh I know. I currently have nearly 2M. Once I really get going with the 4* covers it won't be enough, especially when I start champing.
    It's enough to champ around half a dozen fourstars. It's a start at least... Then you just have 90% of the tier left!
    I get why people want to champ all 3*s, because they are the basis for a lot of PvP events, and they're comparatively easier to get/cheaper than 4*s, but is there any incentive to champ all 66 4*s? I'm champing all 3*s before jumping to 4*s, but I see myself jumping to 5*s way before I champ even half of them.
  • Quebbster
    NeonBlue said:
    Quebbster said:
    Loosie said:
    Loosie said:

I get why people want to champ all 3*s, because they are the basis for a lot of PvP events, and they're comparatively easier to get/cheaper than 4*s, but is there any incentive to champ all 66 4*s? I'm champing all 3*s before jumping to 4*s, but I see myself jumping to 5*s way before I champ even half of them.
    Farming. If you build up a hoard trying to jump to fivestars you are going to get a whole lot of fourstar covers too. The more you can apply, the better - the champion rewards for fourstars are pretty good.
    Plus, a lot of fourstar players think that tier is a lot more fun than the fivestar tier and want to stay there as long as possible.
  • NeonBlue
    NeonBlue Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Quebbster said:
    NeonBlue said:
    Quebbster said:
    Loosie said:
    Loosie said:

Farming. If you build up a hoard trying to jump to fivestars you are going to get a whole lot of fourstar covers too. The more you can apply, the better - the champion rewards for fourstars are pretty good.
    Plus, a lot of fourstar players think that tier is a lot more fun than the fivestar tier and want to stay there as long as possible.
    Makes sense. I've definitely seen some 5* regret threads, because 5* is so stale and meta-focused
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    off topic (don't put me in jail, Waddles can't do hard time):  @Quebbster

Your new sig is awesome.  I picture both of them in flannel now hahaha... and i learned that larch is a tree, the more you know...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steve Rogers never wanted to be a super soldier. He always wanted to be... LumberCap! Leaping from tree to tree as they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia. The giant redwood! The larch! The fir! The mighty Scots pine! With his best Bucky by his side! They'd sing, sing, sing...

• Quebbster
    off topic (don't put me in jail, Waddles can't do hard time):  @Quebbster

Your new sig is awesome.  I picture both of them in flannel now hahaha... and i learned that larch is a tree, the more you know...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steve Rogers never wanted to be a super soldier. He always wanted to be... LumberCap! Leaping from tree to tree as they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia. The giant redwood! The larch! The fir! The mighty Scots pine! With his best Bucky by his side! They'd sing, sing, sing...

Thanks. I got a bit inspired and just had to put it there. :)
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    NeonBlue said:

For me, I just love the fact that I can open an LT or a classics without fear of wasting a cover (unless it's a 5* I already have max covered but not champed). It was always frustrating to open a small hoard and half of the covers end up just becoming 1k ISO