Worth champing Robbie Reyes?

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
Just got my 13th cover for him. Now I feel like I shouldn't open any more legendaries until I make a choice on him. Would feel like a huge waste to pull a cover and just sell it off. But then...he doesn't seem that great in general.

He'd help if he was boosted in PvE and that's about it.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that you're in 5-star land I think you should champ as many as you can. Champing another 5-star isn't going to hurt you (MMR, etc) and can only help. Maybe not as often as you like, but did that stop you from champing as many 4-stars as possible?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dormammu said:
    Now that you're in 5-star land I think you should champ as many as you can. Champing another 5-star isn't going to hurt you (MMR, etc) and can only help. Maybe not as often as you like, but did that stop you from champing as many 4-stars as possible?
    True...but 4*s, while still a big ISO investment, aren't as huge an investment as a 5*. It always feels like I should be more choosey with them.
  • Dormammu
    It's just ISO. You'll make more.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    True...but 4*s, while still a big ISO investment, aren't as huge an investment as a 5*. It always feels like I should be more choosey with them.
    The ISO cost  to max takes the biggest leap from the threestar tier to the fourstar tier. With the ISO you use to level one fourstar you could max three threestars. In comparison, the ISO needed to max a fivestar is only enough to max one and a half fourstars.
    Obviously it depends a bit on what your ISO income look like, but if you have the ISO to spare you shouldn't be afraid to level more fivestars.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    I tend to have 0 ISO, I'm always pouring it into either a dupe 3*, a flipped 2* or a 4* getting close to 13 covers.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Then manage your iso better. For the recent 4*, I never level them beyond the SHIELD training level (usually lv78). And then I only level them on two other occasions: when it's time for their DDQ (usually to lv140 or 150) and when they have a 14th cover waiting in the queue. Likewise for 3*; I only level a dupe when they have a 14th cover. Then I usually sell off a lv266 3* to help mitigate the cost.

And you will definitely have collateral damage when champing 5*. You have five of those, you should know. Like right now Carnage, Drax, and Punmax are rotting in my queue, and will be sacrificed to the RNG gods so I can champ Jessica and Banner (yes I want to champ Banner).
  • Dormammu
    I tend to have 0 ISO, I'm always pouring it into either a dupe 3*, a flipped 2* or a 4* getting close to 13 covers.
    This is why I can't fathom re-champing almost fifty 3-stars. I'm not going through that ISO slog again, not until I literally have no other uses for ISO. Ha! Like that day will ever come.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    This is why I can't fathom re-champing almost fifty 3-stars. I'm not going through that ISO slog again, not until I literally have no other uses for ISO. Ha! Like that day will ever come.
    Once you have all (or at least most) fourstars champed it's surprisingly easy to find ISO to spare for threestar dupes. If your roster link is up-to-date I see you have 43 champed fourstars, so you are two thirds of the way through the hump. Once that is done it's pretty easy to stay up to date.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Quebbster said:
    Dormammu said:
    Once you have all (or at least most) fourstars champed it's surprisingly easy to find ISO to spare for threestar dupes. If your roster link is up-to-date I see you have 43 champed fourstars, so you are two thirds of the way through the hump. Once that is done it's pretty easy to stay up to date.

Yeah, this. I get about 35-50k ISO a day, that's only 3 days or so to champ a 3*.

I've just had issues with legendary tokens recently. Getting champ levels and such, but not a lot of covers for newer characters. Only just managed to champ Kraven.
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Quebbster said:

I agree 100% here. I always said I'd never start a 3* dupe farm but after champing almost every 4* and just throwing away 3* cover after 3* cover I took the dive and am very happy about it.  I've definitely dumped a ton of ISO into rechamping so many 3* but now I have next to no cover waste at any level and I always have 400k+ in ISO (usually it's around 800k+ but once I fully cover a new 4* I immediately champ and the hoard drops).