4* DDQ: Too Many Sorcerers

TPF Alexis
TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
Surprisingly easy for my 2/4/5 Lvl 152 Mordo. I did get a ludicrously good board, tho, with lots of purple match-3s, and red match-4s. After a couple of turns, I had enough purple for Power with Purpose, and Strange had enough red to make it lethal.

Token was a Nico champ level.

Comments

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Annoyingly, it took my lvl 292 Mordo two attempts. First time round Strange kept cascading into blue match after blue match. Second time went more to plan and he was downed before leaving a scratch.

LT gave me a Miles cover. He's next up to champ, which is just as well since I now have 8 covers in my queue. Streaky RNG is streaky.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    First try with my freshly champed, as of yesterday, lv 271 3/5/5 Mordo was ****.  I couldn't set myself up for any good matches and Strange hit me with stunner, then finished me off.  2nd attempt I had a blue match 4 right away, blue matches on my next 2 turns and I could fly and smack him in the face and his wimpy counter sonic boom barely hurt.  Finished him off with a Haduken to the face.

LT gave me Agent Coulson to bring him up to lv 302

granne said:
     Streaky RNG is streaky.
    Finally emptying my hoard after IW Cap rotated in gave me 2 black Valkyrie covers bringing her to 1/7/1 :( At least later on I got her another red but no way I get 5 more covers to champ her in 2 weeks
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    3/5/5 Mordo made mince meat out of the poor doctor. I was able to gather all the blue matches and one boots and the subsequent cascade put him down.

Finally got my first JJ cover! Time to start a hoard!
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was surprised to win this on my first try with my 152 3/5/3 Mordo. Two blacks and a blue power did the deed. My reward was as Blue Black Panther, bringing him to a massive 1/1/0.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wasn't too difficult with a champed Mordo: I denied blue, and fired off my purple once I had the AP and Strange had enough AP of his own for it to be a killing shot.  It's easy to forget how powerful that move can be.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Unboosted, my 3/5/5 277 Mordo had a somewhat easy time. I just chased blue and black and slapped the goatee off Strange.
  • TPF Alexis
    edited May 2018
    jamesh said:
    Wasn't too difficult with a champed Mordo: I denied blue, and fired off my purple once I had the AP and Strange had enough AP of his own for it to be a killing shot.  It's easy to forget how powerful that move can be.
    Since I hit 5 purple covers with him so early (he was 1/1/5 at one point), it's always been his standout power for me. I'm sure I'll start liking the others more once I get him champed and I can respec, but that purple definitely hits like a freight train.
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Well that was annoying.

5/5/3 lvl 274 Mordo took THREE tries. First two boards were extremely friendly to the good Dr as he was able to stun me then flame me. Third fight was a little more even and I was able to hit Strange with purpose and whip him twice to put him down. In all 3 fights, I was never able to gather enough blue for boots. Go figure...

LT gave me a Lockjaw that I will now attempt to champ by gathering 300k iso in 2 weeks... (I JUST champed Yondu a day ago *face palm*)
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5 Lv280 Mordo had no problem.  I got a little lucky on the board and was able to race the Sorcerer Supreme to both blue and purple while he collected yellow.  Ended up with the choice of either Mordo's blue or purple for the win.

The LT gave a green Rogue, bringing her to 4/3/5.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    278 3/5/5 Mordo got it on the first try but nearly lost.

Board was astonishingly bad for me. Was gunning for Blue and Purple but Strange was getting his colors like nothing. After a big Cascade, he fired Yellow then Blue on the same turn. 3 turns later I fired Purple then Blue and killed him, but had less than 300 health left. Tougher than I thought.

LT gave me Carnage champ Cloak and Dagger champ level.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    jamesh said:
    Since I hit 5 purple covers with him so early (he was 1/1/5 at one point), it's always been his standout power for me. I'm sure I'll start liking the others more once I get him champed and I can respec, but that purple definitely hits like a fright train.
    They are scary things, those fright trains. ;)

On topic, champed Mordo actually got his butt handed to him the first time, as I forgot that triple stun on the Doctor's blue. 
    Second time Strange didn't make a dent in Mordo's massive health pool. 
  • TPF Alexis
    jamesh said:
    Since I hit 5 purple covers with him so early (he was 1/1/5 at one point), it's always been his standout power for me. I'm sure I'll start liking the others more once I get him champed and I can respec, but that purple definitely hits like a fright train.
    They are scary things, those fright trains. ;)

Thanks for catching that typo. I think there was a Scooby Doo episode with one of those ;)