Character suggestion and storm nerf

Options
I think we need more unique covers. By that I mean specifically new characters, not just revamps of the same one (why do we need three black widows?) with unique abilities.

For this, I would suggest someone like Rogue. Although I don't know if she fits into the dark reign story at all, she could add some serious variety to matches. Give her an ability that steals an opponents ability for a few turns (also blocking said opponent from using it). This would be a great ability, in that it can put a stop to ability abusers (storm), and actually counter it somewhat. To stop her from being too overpowered, make her use of the stolen ability only hit at 50% to start, and At level five, have it hit at 75% or something. Doubling up on abilities (stacking your own raging tempest with a stolen one) would have to be taken into consideration, so perhaps make it so that only one reaction ability can be used per turn.

So in effect, this type of character could be a check to those storms that rage through your team, without actually having to nerf them directly.

I know there are probably flaws in the idea, but I think it's viable.

Comments

• nope, as i know rogue is not in dark reign saga.
    instead of pleading to nerf cstorm, why don't u use and max her? maybe because u don't have the covers?
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    If the game ever branches out to include more aspects of the Marvel Universe, I'd love to see Rogue in it. At the moment, Storm cant really be inserted into the storyline. Iron Patriot, however...
    nope, as i know rogue is not in dark reign saga.
    instead of pleading to nerf cstorm, why don't u use and max her? maybe because u don't have the covers?

Snippy, aren't you? I really don't see how that's relevant to the discussion.
  • Kelbris wrote:
    If the game ever branches out to include more aspects of the Marvel Universe, I'd love to see Rogue in it. At the moment, Storm cant really be inserted into the storyline. Iron Patriot, however...

Snippy, aren't you? I really don't see how that's relevant to the discussion.
    read the topic pls:Character suggestion and storm nerf
    so it's not relevant that i answer his two statement? icon_e_ugeek.gif
    too much thread asking to nerf cstorm, i'm just giving him a suggestion to use cstorm instead hating her and ask for nerf...aaaaand it's not relevant? icon_e_confused.gif
  • I don't hate her at all. I actually ly use her quite a bit, I just see that there is an overabundance of her in the tournament nt field. I figured that an ability blocker would go over better than a full nerf, as those can kill a character. And an ability blocker can do more than just block storm, too, it could pick mess around with a lot of the more common threats.

I only used storm as an example because it's a hot topic. It could basically nerf any threat to your team, as long as they're ability based (which means all of them).
  • Mantis wrote:
    I just see that there is an overabundance of her in the tournament nt field.
    I see just as many Thors as I see Classic Storms. I think they are just the first two decent 2* characters people get.
  • Humphrey wrote:
    Mantis wrote:
    I see just as many Thors as I see Classic Storms. I think they are just the first two decent 2* characters people get.

yeah..and now we're gonna see daken everywhere ^^. in 1-2 month most of us will have enough covers for 3stars. then the c.storm topic will be gone. cause max 3s heroes sure packed a punch!! except loki
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Neither is Yelena Bulova, or half the versions of characters in the game. Neither version of Magneto was involved that I can remember, certainly not the Marvel Now take. It's a Marvel game first, a Dark Reign one second if even that.
  • Humphrey wrote:
    Mantis wrote:

yeah..and now we're gonna see daken everywhere ^^. in 1-2 month most of us will have enough covers for 3stars. then the c.storm topic will be gone. cause max 3s heroes sure packed a punch!! except loki

Which is exactly why a good ability blocker would be useful. They could block the spidermans and the thors and whoever. At the very least it could even the playing field for some players with an open character slot, and shake things up a bit.
    Meow